Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Aaron Ross out for Giants.

Rocky52Mc

Tucker is a good corner and that front makes their secondaries job a lot easier. This isn't that big of a deal.

Really? I'd say a 1st round pick with play making ability in the Giants secondary who has 6 picks in the last 2 years is a big deal if he's not playing. Screw it, let's post-pone the game until he can play instead of that rookie trash corner.

I'm really not worried about missing Ross for this game, while he is a good player, I actually think Thomas is the much better cover corner. He's a guy many Giants fans felt would eventually supplant Ross has a starter at some point this season anyway. The real injury I'm worried about is Dockery, if he can't go, I don't trust Bruce Johnson at nickle whatsoever.

CBs: Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Kevin Dockery, Bruce Johnson

two of the five cb's will be out forcing their undrafted rookie from the U to play nickle. If Zorn fails to take advantage of this weakness I will be surprised.

Even three receiver sets should benefit us. Last year we were missing our starting corner and this year it's their turn. let's rock and roll boys!!

Ross is out.

Dockery is injured but will play.

Canty is injured and missed the preseason but will try and play.

Burress is gone.

Ward is gone.

Now, somebody tell me why some media are still labeling the Giants as a prohibitive favorite :)

They have maybe the best line in the league on both sides of the ball. :whoknows: a "franchise QB" in manys eyes. A very good running game still and a top MLB with a pretty good secondary? :whoknows:

All that said I think we can pull off the victory.

I'm really not worried about missing Ross for this game, while he is a good player, I actually think Thomas is the much better cover corner. He's a guy many Giants fans felt would eventually supplant Ross has a starter at some point this season anyway. The real injury I'm worried about is Dockery, if he can't go, I don't trust Bruce Johnson at nickle whatsoever.

So your team wasted a 1st round pick on a perfectly good corner?

It's looking more and more like Dockery's not gonna play..... even though he is listed as Questionable

Thomas replacing injured Dockery as Giants' starting CB for opener

Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Second-year cornerback Terrell Thomas will start for the New York Giants in Sunday's season opener against the Washington Redskins because of a hamstring injury to Kevin Dockery.

Dockery, who was filling in for Aaron Ross (hamstring), missed his second consecutive practice Thursday because of the ailment.

"They are still holding out that he is going to make it," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said of Dockery. "He has got some issues, but he moved better today than he did yesterday."

Dockery's injury also pushed undrafted rookie Bruce Johnson into New York's game plan. Johnson said he has been going over videotapes most of the week and spent a lot of time with veteran cornerback Corey Webster and safety Kenny Phillips, also a former University of Miami player.

"This is what I signed up for," Johnson said. "This is what I have been preparing for and working for ever since I came in rookie minicamp. You have an idea what will be happening when the regular season comes. You just have to prepare hard."

New defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan isn't worried about Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8128073d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

So your team wasted a 1st round pick on a perfectly good corner?

What?

I'm saying when healthy the Giants are very deep at CB and Ross' replacement is more than adequate. Like I said earlier, many believed Terrell Thomas was on track to replace Ross anyway. I like Ross, but I think he is much more effective at nickle where he played the majority of his rookie season.

As for Dockery, he has not been ruled out for this game. In fact, it's been reported today that he was feeling much better, he will be a game time decision. We'll see, keeping my fingers crossed. Not looking forward to the idea of watching Bruce Johnson play in his first game.

What?

I'm saying when healthy the Giants are very deep at CB and Ross' replacement is more than adequate. Like I said earlier, many believed Terrell Thomas was on track to replace Ross anyway. I like Ross, but I think he is much more effective at nickle where he played the majority of his rookie season.

As for Dockery, he has not been ruled out for this game. In fact, it's been reported today that he was feeling much better, he will be a game time decision. We'll see, keeping my fingers crossed. Not looking forward to the idea of watching Bruce Johnson play in his first game.

Again, I think if Aaron Ross ends up playing nickle..that's a waste of a 1st round pick. You don't find nickle CB's in the 1st.

IF what you're saying is...Thomas was on track to replace Ross from injury..ok I see that, but if you mean replace him as a starting CB ok, that's a big problem.

Moss, Kelly, ARE, Thomas, Cooley, Davis, Portis, Mason- Can they cover them all?

How about a 8 man Chinese fire drill play. :)

Sooooooo, with your 8 receivers going downfield, that leaves TWO guys to block against the Giants formidable D-line, going against, slow-release Campbell ?

I really hope Zorn exploits these injuries at each position. Hope he has someone on his staff who gives him the opposition's injuries prior to the game starting each week.

Let's hope you're right. If JCs long balls are just 25% accurate (don't nail me on this number, I'm just not expecting half or a third), and Portis gets around 100 yds, we can take this game. Those NYG's safeties are going to have to stay back. But only if the Skins make them stay back by sending two WRs deep-ish.

Archived