Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills Release LT Langston Walker

goldenster95

Because BMW has a higher ceiling maybe? The guys who were cut weren't cut just b/c they cost too much. Maybe they suck?

a higher ceiling? the guy is a cute story but he has no higher ceiling. he was a 1st round bust and now theyre expecting him to play well. in the one PS game i saw him in he got destroyed.

guys like langston walker, runyan, jones, etc can all still play. they may have lost a step, but at least they had a step to begin with.

It would nice if Heyer could hold his own against Tuck.Leaving a TE in to help all the time restricts the game plan,it takes away options.It's too bad the Skins have to resort to helping so frequently.Hopefully,somewhere in the near future they will find a good tackle for depth.

It would be nice if I found a billion dollars on my front lawn...

a higher ceiling? the guy is a cute story but he has no higher ceiling. he was a 1st round bust and now theyre expecting him to play well. in the one PS game i saw him in he got destroyed.

guys like langston walker, runyan, jones, etc can all still play. they may have lost a step, but at least they had a step to begin with.

Tony Mandrich was the biggest bust in the history of bust. He came back and played several seasons at guard for the Indy Colts and played pretty good.

The Redskins analyzed the one PS game you saw and only saw one particularly bad play. They're the pros.

The Bills line might suck because of poor chemistry, poor leadership, poor schemes, etc. That TEAM is a mess right now. They fired their OC. Individually, players could have some talent. I'm not saying Walker is good or right for the 'Skins. I'm just saying that you can't judge him entirely on the basis of the fact that he plays for a bad team. Dockery's opinion would be real important to find out. If we don't want to upgrade our line, then we're stubbornly stupid.

The question is, is walker any better than williams, who is our primary backup? If he is, he's worth taking a look at. Depth at the O-line positions is never a bad idea, and walker probably has more talent/starting experience than some of the guys we kept on the 53-man roster.

Tony Mandrich was the biggest bust in the history of bust. He came back and played several seasons at guard for the Indy Colts and played pretty good.

The Redskins analyzed the one PS game you saw and only saw one particularly bad play. They're the pros.

you found one guy that did it. so were hoping mike williams is the 2nd?

or we could just sign a proven guy thats been cut to add some better depth?

Lets give this O Line a chance. Everyone wants to replace everyone who just made the team.

I have heard replace Westbrook with Tyree.

I have heard replace Mason with the Eagles back Booker.

I have heard replace a offensive lineman with Langston.

106.7 talks about getting rid of Betts.

Its time to put our "GM" hats away and become loyal fans who root for our guys and our coaches.

He was a serviceable tackle for the Bills when healthy. Franchise tackle worth the top 10 pick? No. Serviceable tackle when healthy? YES.

He gave up a sack in the Jacksonville game when he pushed his guy deep on a 3 step drop pass. Except Daniel didn't get rid of the ball, and Williams didn't stay with his guy. Mistakes on both players. So he started out shaky, but did decent as the game went on. So "he got destroyed" is hyperbole.

He was a serviceable tackle for the Bills when healthy. Franchise tackle worth the top 10 pick? No. Serviceable tackle when healthy? YES.

He gave up a sack in the Jacksonville game when he pushed his guy deep on a 3 step drop pass. Except Daniel didn't get rid of the ball, and Williams didn't stay with his guy. Mistakes on both players. So he started out shaky, but did decent as the game went on. So "he got destroyed" is hyperbole.

Exactly right. If you thought the guy would come out of retirement lose 100 lbs and be a dominant force well that is silly. He made some mistakes but the coaching staff thinks they can be corrected and he has potential to be a great player. If Buges wanted him then sign me up.

Id rather use our 1st and 2nd next year on O line.

Than get some FA's that are under the radar depending where our other holes are.

Than if Vinny and Dan want a big name we bring in Sproles. Thats really the style they want and havent been able to find so just bring him in.

For this year lets just enjoy the ride.

hey, if Walker can come in here and start so much the better if it is at RT :)

I like Heyer's effort and want to see him succeed. At 25 he may still be a season away from putting it all together and Mike Williams being the primary backup is scary to everyone not named Cerrato.

Archived