Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Turning Your Phone Off After Someone Dosnt Answer,And You Leave a Voicemail..

Hitman#21

So, this sort of happened in the last 10 days both ways. As being the person who did not hang up and the person who wasn't hung up on..all by accident. I'm talking about after a conversation with someone you think you hung up your phone but you really didn't. I would rather be the one on the side of "not being hung up on" and having people talk about you negatively on your voice mail. But still has this happened to you and how embarrassing was the situation?

And how long does this awkwardness last? Because on 1 hand was with a stranger who i know i will never interact with again and on the other case its with a close family member.

I hope i didn't confuse you guys :)

I thought that I'd understand your thread title once I read your post, but I'm just more confused.

Ha, i knew it sounded confusing. Lets say Your calling someone on your cellphone and you think you hang up but you didnt..and you still talk about that person or people while you think your phone is off..has that ever happened to you?

Ahh. Nope. One of the benefits of having a ****ty flip phone.

Ha, i knew it sounded confusing. Lets say Your calling someone on your cellphone and you think you hang up but you didnt..and you still talk about that person or people while you think your phone is off..has that ever happened to you?

That's much better. Lol. And yes, it has happened, except it was moreso because if "butt dialing" instead of forgetting to hang up. Lol.

:rubeyes: Ummm. Okay. Hold on here........

Choices are:

Someone forgets to hang up the phone when you don't answer and ends up leaving a voicemail that isn't all that complimentary to you.

Or

You forget to hang up the phone when someone doesn't answer and you're the one leaving the negative voicemail.

Edit: Okay. I think I got that right.

That's much better. Lol. And yes, it has happened, except it was moreso because if "butt dialing" instead of forgetting to hang up. Lol.

Yea niether happened to me but to people close to me, and its really Akward/funny so i wanted to hear other stories of this happening to people. But while writing it i realized how confusing it sounds..:silly:

:rubeyes: Ummm. Okay. Hold on here........

Choices are:

Someone forgets to hang up the phone when you don't answer and ends up leaving a voicemail that isn't all that complimentary to you.

Or

You forget to hang up the phone when someone doesn't answer and you're the one leaving the negative voicemail.

Edit: Okay. I think I got that right.

A+ My friend! :)

Cool. Though I despise pop quizzes. Do that again,and I'm giving you a drunk Eli avatar. :silly:

I've had the experience of both. When I realized my phone was still on after saying a few choice words,I'm pretty sure I lost about 5lbs of water weight. ;)

I remember one time having someone not disconnecting me while trying to pick up the other line and referred to me in a....pleasant way that was meant for the other guy. That was interesting to say the least.

I generally make it a rule to not talk to people on the phone that I don't like...

So no, I've never had that problem. If I have something bad to say about you, I won't be talking to you in the first place.

That's a good point. Why would you call a person you don't like unless it's work/favor related?

Cool. Though I despise pop quizzes. Do that again,and I'm giving you a drunk Eli avatar. :silly:

I've had the experience of both. When I realized my phone was still on after saying a few choice words,I'm pretty sure I lost about 5lbs of water weight. ;)

I remember one time having someone not disconnecting me while trying to pick up the other line and referred to me in a....pleasant way that was meant for the other guy. That was interesting to say the least.

Oh man..I think i can say i Know how you feel :D

That's a good point. Why would you call a person you don't like unless it's work/favor related?

One situation was work/favor related and the other was a Family arguing..

I had an awkward moment like this but it wasn't me who didn't hang up.

I was getting to know a girl. We were not an item yet, just talking. She had a young daughter, maybe 2 yrs old. Anyway, she called and left me a message but forgot to hang up the phone properly. The initial message was sweet. A few seconds into it, she proceeded to scream at her little daughter for "something", I have no idea what. But it went on for over a minute and was really scary. It was just screaming, no hitting.

I never returned a single phone call from her ever again.

I got home during the Olympics back in 02 and got on the computer. My exgirlfriend was online and on Yahoo messenger. She said hello to me and told me that I had called her and didn't know it. She said she just listened to me talk for about 5-10 minutes. :yikes:

I looked at my phone and sure enough,the call was made. I retraced the previous few hours and realized when it was. Yep. I happened to be talking about her and not all of it was complimentary. :doh:

Had a friend, Paul, who once phoned his Uncle Frank, in Pennsylvania. Got a wrong number.

But, the wrong number reached a person named Frank. Who had a nephew named Paul.

He says they literally talked to each other for 22 minutes (according to his phone bill), before they figured out that it was a wrong number.

One of them would mention something. (Say, he's mention Aunt Mary's trip to the hospital.) And it wouldn't make sense to the other one. (Aunt Mary? He must mean my sister-in-law. And I didn't know she'd been in the hospital.) But the other one would assume that he'd been out of touch, and would cover up that he didn't know what the first one was talking about.

Literally. 22 minutes talking to a wrong number.

Had a friend, Paul, who once phoned his Uncle Frank, in Pennsylvania. Got a wrong number.

But, the wrong number reached a person named Frank. Who had a nephew named Paul.

He says they literally talked to each other for 22 minutes (according to his phone bill), before they figured out that it was a wrong number.

One of them would mention something. (Say, he's mention Aunt Mary's trip to the hospital.) And it wouldn't make sense to the other one. (Aunt Mary? He must mean my sister-in-law. And I didn't know she'd been in the hospital.) But the other one would assume that he'd been out of touch, and would cover up that he didn't know what the first one was talking about.

Literally. 22 minutes talking to a wrong number.

HAHAHAHAHA Thats amazing!:hysterical:

I got home during the Olympics back in 02 and got on the computer. My exgirlfriend was online and on Yahoo messenger. She said hello to me and told me that I had called her and didn't know it. She said she just listened to me talk for about 5-10 minutes. :yikes:

I looked at my phone and sure enough,the call was made. I retraced the previous few hours and realized when it was. Yep. I happened to be talking about her and not all of it was complimentary. :doh:

Oh man, thats rough to say the least..

Archived