Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABCnews: Shawne Merriman arrested for choking Tila Tequila

ArmchairRedskin

My only issue here is....we are dealing with a attention hungry whore who doesn't have the attention anymore...

Do people really "tweet" that they are meeting people places for the world to see?

Seems premeditated....

you're reading it wrong. Merriman was going to be at this store called Sports Fever in Mission Valley signing some of his clothes from his new clothing line. He tweeted it earlier that day, basically telling his followers to come down and see him. Do you see how in Tila's tweet it says RT right before it talks about Sports Fever? That means ReTweet....she just retweeted Merriman's tweet and added a little comment at the bottom. People retweet other people's tweets in order to get the info out to more people. I don't think Tila was actually going to Mission Valley to see him....it says Merriman was arrested in his home because Tila was leaving his home at 345am when the alleged assault occurred.

you're reading it wrong. Merriman was going to be at this store called Sports Fever in Mission Valley signing some of his clothes from his new clothing line. He tweeted it earlier that day, basically telling his followers to come down and see him. Do you see how in Tila's tweet it says RT right before it talks about Sports Fever? That means ReTweet....she just retweeted Merriman's tweet and added a little comment at the bottom. People retweet other people's tweets in order to get the info out to more people. I don't think Tila was actually going to Mission Valley to see him....it says Merriman was arrested in his home because Tila was leaving his home at 345am when the alleged assault occurred.

Sorry, admittedly not up on my 'tweeting' etiquette! :)

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/shawne-merriman-popped-for-choking-tila-tequila-25950

First, the cold facts from NBC SAN DIEGO:

San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested early Sunday on suspicion of choking and restraining television reality show hostess and model Tila “Tequila” Nguyen, according to deputies.

They got the call at 3:45 a.m. on Sunday from a woman who claimed to have been choked and restrained by a male at a home on Sagecrest Drive in Poway.

“Nguyen told deputies she had been choked and physically restrained by Merriman when she attempted to leave his residence,” Public Information Officer Jan Caldwell said.

If that’s true, then Roger Goodell is probably going to be unhappy. And when Roger Goodell is unhappy, people die. Or get suspended for unholy amounts of time, whatever.

RE-confirming my earlier post-it doesn't matter to Goodell if one is guilty or not. Just making the headlines again for negative actions will be enough for a 3-6 game suspension

It seems that over 90% of the comments on the TMZ page are saying something along the lines of the ***** is full of **** or deserved it.

My guess is that she was asking for rough sex with him and then maybe he was to rough...who knows.

Here is a comment that I took from the TMZ link:

Anyone that has experienced one of Tila's bipolar swings knows there is probably WAY more to this story. Of course she will play it as "he abused me" for all it's worth. But the truth is, that week when Tila lost her mind and got on Twitter saying someone broke into her house and smashed and broke everything and put her dog in her car trunk in the garage - yea, that was all Tila's work. She had another episode 2 or 3 nights later that was even worse, then spent a day explaining and apologizing for it. If you check her bio on Myspace she talks about her bipolar disorder and her multiple personalities.

Obviously, no one deserves to be beat. But I have a feeling she had an episode and this guy was either trying to keep her from destroying his house or hurting herself.

WVURedskins,

Thanks for that information. It's easy to want to paint Merriman as an a-hole but I don't know that he's guilty of anything. If Tila Nguyen has mental problems (it seems pretty apparent, anyway) then there's no guarantee she's not manufacturing or distorting this for attention.

This is why you can't just assume a guy is guilty when he's charged with abusing a woman. All it takes is one looney tune or vindictive person to help destroy a person's reputation. The people with already compromised reps are even more vulnerable, obviously.

Well, I had no idea who Tila Tequila was until today, but clearly something is very wrong with Merriman from the neck up to even be involved with this woman.

The steriods, then the decision to try to play on a ligament that was 90% torn or something, and now this? If he really assaulted her, he's ****ed and he deserves to be. I don't know how big Tila is, but she doesn't look 6'4", 265. If there's more to this story like a psychotic episode or something, its still an indictment of his judgment for getting involved with her.

More info on her past.

From the TMZ link:

I was following her until she had another episode with P Diddy, and she threatened that she was going to go to the media and ruin his career.

When she first started dating Shawne she was all over twitter saying that she was going to marry him and have his kids. I suppose he made her erase those tweets cuz shortly afterwords she erased them and he tweeted that he was single and focused on football. This whole story reeks of a setup on her part. And although, I despise violence towards women-I cannot help but be reminded of a movie called 'There is a Thin Line Between Love and Hate'.

Another comment I liked:

"Tila Tequila has been released from the hospital"

Great, now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Archived