Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lucas Smith Affidavit now filed with the US District Court - Obama Kenyan BC

ThinSkin

Lucas Smith Affidavit now filed with the US District Court - Obama Kenyan BC

September 4th, 2009

As of today, September 4, 2009, this Affidavit has been filed with the United States District Court in Southern California ~ represented by Orly Taitz.

This is a legal affidavit that declares Lucas Smith to be of sound mind and judgment. Lucas can go to jail if he lied on this affidavit.

The document (Certified COPY of Obama Kenyan Birth Certificate) you see here, once it is validated by the court, is pretty much the proverbial “smoking gun.”

lucas_1.jpglucas_2.jpglucas_3.jpg

DOJ to judge: dump birthers' suit

September 07, 2009

Categories: Miscellaneous

The Justice Department is urging a federal court to toss out a lawsuit in which prominent birthers' attorney Orly Taitz is challenging President Barack Obama's Constitutional qualifications to be president.

In a motion filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, Calif., government lawyers did not directly rebut the conspiracy theory Taitz propounds that Obama was not born in Hawaii as he claims and as asserted by Hawaiian officials as well as contemporary newspaper birth notices. Instead, the federal attorneys argued that the suit is inherently flawed because such disputes can't be resolved in court and because the dozens of plaintiffs can't show they are directly injured by Obama's presence in office.

"It is clear, from the text of the Constitution, and the relevant statutory law implementing the Constitution’s textual commitments, that challenges to the qualifications of a candidate for President can, in the first instance, be presented to the voting public before the election, and, once the election is over, can be raised as objections as the electoral votes are counted in the Congress," Assistant United States Attorneys Roger West and David DeJute wrote. "Therefore, challenges such as those purportedly raised in this case are committed, under the Constitution, to the electors, and to the Legislative branch."

The birthers' suit claims that Obama is a citizen of Indonesia and "possibly still citizen of Kenya, usurping the position of the President of the United States of America and the Commander-in-Chief.”

Lieutenant Jason Freese and some other plaintiffs in the case claim they have a real injury because they are serving in the military commander by Obama, the alleged usurper. However, West and DeJute say that argument is too speculative.

"The injuries alleged by Plaintiff Freese and the other military Plaintiffs herein, are not particularized as to them, but, rather, would be shared by all members of the military and is an inadequate basis on which to establish standing," the government lawyers wrote.

Another plaintiff in the suit, Alan Keyes, is a three-time, longshot presidential candidate who ran most recently in 2008. Yet another is Gail Lightfoot, an ultra-longshot vice presidential candidate in 2008. The DOJ argues that they were not directly aggrieved by Obama's election because they never had a mathematical chance of winning.

"The [lawsuit] does not allege, nor could it allege, that any of these Plaintiffs were even on the ballot in enough states in the year 2008 to gain the requisite 270 electoral votes to win the Presidential election," the motion states.

The Justice Department brief takes a few shots at the wackiness of the birthers, accusing them of trafficking in "innuendo" and advancing "a variety of vaguely-defined claims purportedly related to a hodgepodge of constitutional provisions, civil and criminal statutes, and the Freedom of Information Act."

Those arguments notwithstanding, the DOJ lawyers were pretty kind to the birthers and to Taitz, since the filings in the case are replete with spelling errors, among others. Taitz submitted another purported foreign birth certificate for Obama last week in a filing labeled, "Kenian Hospital Birth Certificate for Barack Obama."

The case is set for a hearing Tuesday morning before Judge David Carter. There's a strong chance the session will devolve into something of a sideshow since a couple of plaintiffs in the case are now in a dispute with Taitz and have sought to bring in a different attorney to represent them in the case.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0909/DOJ_to_judge_dump_birthers_suit.html

So the State of Hawaii is no longer part of the United States of America. I guess if the Republicans want to get rid of Hawaii, we get one too. I nominate Texas.
Partial :high5:

Only if Ron Paul can stay.

President Paul! :peaceout:

Dems are scrambling to connect these loons to folks who would be running next year. GOPers are scrambling to make sure they haven't had their picture taken with their loons at any fundraisers.....ever.

One fourth of Republicans believe these loons. Another one fourth "aren't sure".

As to ThinSkin's post: Part of me wishes the DOJ were staying out of this issue. (Since it makes it look like the loons are the brave, tiny, rebels, fighting against the mighty Imperial forces.) OTOH, I guess somebody has to be the defendant, and the government is it.

Possible DOJ argument that maybe they should be making: Since Obama has been sworn in, he's now immune against all legal proceedings, unless he's Impeached, first. If the Loons want their Day In Court, they should go petition Congress to convene Impeachment proceedings. (Make the GOP in Congress vote, on the record, in public, either for against The Birthers, instead of their current tactic of trying to encourage them without looking like they're encouraging them.)

Obama could put a stop to all this just by producing the long form birth certificate. I bet it wouldn't set him back but 18 or 20 bucks. I'll chip in if he's a little short.

Why should he? This is pure political gold for him. The State of Hawaii said they have it and produced whatever doc they have that everybody else in the State uses for proof.. Two Newspapers back there announced it. And, he knows if he did. They would say it was a fake.

Its better that folks like this are out there trying to say he somehow pulled one over on the whole country. That he was behind some conspiracy going to back almost 50 years. Its sounds funny just typing it.

Its better that folks like this are out there trying to say he somehow pulled one over on the whole country. That he was behind some conspiracy going to back almost 50 years. Its sounds funny just typing it.

It's not unusual for a hometown newspaper to run a birth announcement, even if the announcers have moved away. Both of my daughters' announcements ran in my childhood hometown newspaper, desite the fact that I moved away several years before they were born.

That being said, regardless of the Obama questions; we KNOW McCain wasn't eligible to run. The canal zone was NOT U.S. territory when he was born there, and the law that changed that was NOT retroactive.

One fourth of Republicans believe these loons. Another one fourth "aren't sure".

As to ThinSkin's post: Part of me wishes the DOJ were staying out of this issue. (Since it makes it look like the loons are the brave, tiny, rebels, fighting against the mighty Imperial forces.) OTOH, I guess somebody has to be the defendant, and the government is it.

That 1/4 wouldn't believe anything if it were produced. The other 1/4 would be the same. 100% of those folks probably wouldn't vote for Obama for other reasons. Maybe his race? maybe his party. Either way, Obama could cure cancer and AIDs tomorrow and they still wouldn't vote for him in any election. President or local garbage collector. Wouldn't matter.

I think the longer these folks are out there. The harder it is for the GOP to take advantage of sagging admin numbers.

Obama could put a stop to all this just by producing the long form birth certificate. I bet it wouldn't set him back but 18 or 20 bucks. I'll chip in if he's a little short.

Yeah, and the government could end these JFK conspiracy theories if they'd just release a few more pieces of evidence.

:secret:This question is over. It was over, over a year ago.

Yeah, and the government could end these JFK conspiracy theories if they'd just release a few more pieces of evidence.

:secret:This question is over. It was over, over a year ago.

speaking of JFK.

Larry, Where we YOU when all this happened? I'm going to need YOU to produce some proof on your location that day or I'm going to assume you're covering it up.

That being said, regardless of the Obama questions; we KNOW McCain wasn't eligible to run. The canal zone was NOT U.S. territory when he was born there, and the law that changed that was NOT retroactive.

Actually, when it comes to those words, "natural born citizen", I think I'll take the legal opinion of our local legal expert, Predicto, who's opinion (as I understand it) can be summed up as:

The only people who have the authority to define the phrase "natural born citizen" is the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court has never defined those words.

It is virtually guaranteed that they never will. (Because of standing.)

In the unlikely event that they ever
do
define them, the odds are about 99.99% that they will rule that "natural born citizen" means "any person who was a citizen at the time of his birth, according to the laws in effect at the time of his birth".

Yeah, McCain was eligible.

speaking of JFK.

Larry, Where we YOU when all this happened? I'm going to need YOU to produce some proof on your location that day or I'm going to assume you're covering it up.

(You're reminding me of that loon who was demanding that Obama produce written proof of his Christianity, or else he's Muslim.)

(You're reminding me of that loon who was demanding that Obama produce written proof of his Christianity, or else he's Muslim.)

I'll remind both of you that there's been one conservative posting in this thread, other than the op, and he's essentially agreed with the two of you.

(And I'm the one who gets mocked for faux oppression.) :hysterical:

I'll remind both of you that there's been one conservative posting in this thread, other than the op, and he's essentially agreed with the two of you.

(And I'm the one who gets mocked for faux oppression.) :hysterical:

1) Agreed that the GOP has done a very good job of courting the Birthers while claiming that they aren't doing so, and of claiming that they're a tiny, fringe group, when they're more than half of their Party.

2) I'd also point at this:

1) Agreed that the GOP has done a very good job of courting the Birthers while claiming that they aren't doing so, and of claiming that they're a tiny, fringe group, when they're more than half of their Party.

2) I'd also point at this:

From the OP, like I said, the only other conservative in the thread has agreed with you.

And I never said anything about the GOP courting anyone, nor distancing themselves from anyone. I simply spoke for myself, about this thread, and am not surprised at all at the tactics used here -- yet again.

I think anyone in their right mind can see what you quoted, and what you claimed I said, and see the utter and complete ridiculousness of it.

(Funny, given that you and Buford have ****ed the entire thread about the lack of an honest debate.) :doh:

Do the birthers really prefer Joe Biden to be President of the United States and Nancy Pelosi being one step away?

Pelosi wouldn't get to be Vice President. Biden would get to select his own Vice President. Pelosi only gets elevated if Obama and Biden are incapacitated simultaneously (or in succession before a new Vice President is sworn in).

Archived