Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys win the NFC East

No Excuses

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/09/cowboys-win-nfc-east.html

You may have overlooked this as you focused on how the Cowboys would replace Terrell Owens and who would start at right corner.

Wade Phillips did not.

"We won our division in the pre-season,'' Phillips declared after his team's 35-31 win over Minnesota. "We were 2-2 and everybody else was 1-3.

"That was an accomplishment.''

Maybe the Cowboys should hang a banner in the new stadium _ as long as it is 90 feet above the field and doesn't interfere with the punter.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: when do the preseason playoffs start :D

The thing is... I can honestly see Simple Wade saying something like this, only he's being serious. The media room immediately just bursts into laughs and tears. Then, even though he was completely serious, he starts to chuckle himself and just shakes it off as a simple joke.

What worries me is, the last several years the Cowboys were given the division and assumed to be playoff bound. It was almost a certainty they would win a Super Bowl. They were offseason favorites and were America's Team again. Well, they didn't win a playoff game.

Now, they are being overlooked and no one is sure what they will be or even if they will be in the division race. That worries me because it is when they are counted out that they will do what they were supposed to do the last couple of years.

I wouldn't sleep on anyone in this division.

;6713438']What worries me is' date=' the last several years the Cowboys were given the division and assumed to be playoff bound. It was almost a certainty they would win a Super Bowl. They were offseason favorites and were America's Team again. Well, they didn't win a playoff game.

Now, they are being overlooked and no one is sure what they will be or even if they will be in the division race. That worries me because it is when they are counted out that they will do what they were supposed to do the last couple of years.

I wouldn't sleep on anyone in this division.[/quote']

Your talking about the other three teams in the division. The pukes are what they are and will not suddenly become a playoff winning team.

he has to compete with perennial preseason champions the detroit lions

Except this year, the Lions will be regular season and playoff champions. :)

Cowboys' OL depth is questionable, and one of them is definitely a dud(Cory Proctor). Pukes fan, beware.

Cory Proctor ****ing sucks. Him making the team makes me want to cut MYSELF.

;6713438']What worries me is' date=' the last several years the Cowboys were given the division and assumed to be playoff bound. It was almost a certainty they would win a Super Bowl. They were offseason favorites and were America's Team again. Well, they didn't win a playoff game.

I wouldn't sleep on anyone in this division.[/quote']

Nice senitment, and quite frankly I wouldn't sleep on anyone in this division either. However, all I've heard this entire offseason is that the NFC East is a three horse race and that the Skins are the definitive fourth place team. Plenty of people are touting the cowboys for potential division champs.

...makes me want to cut MYSELF.

Try eating a lot of cake as well...it helps. Just don't forget to pull the trigger immediately afterwards...can't have those calories going to the hips now can we?

]What worries me is, the last several years the Cowboys were given the division and assumed to be playoff bound. It was almost a certainty they would win a Super Bowl. They were offseason favorites and were America's Team again. Well, they didn't win a playoff game.

I wouldn't sleep on anyone in this division.

I posted this over at CZ as well -- This division is WIDE open. I don;t think anyone can say that one team is going to win the division. OR even finish last. Every team has more questions surrounding this year then any of the previous 5. I think the division as a whole is going to be down -- in comparison to previous years.

It is still the best division in the league -- every division as a patsy -- except the Beast.

Archived