Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank 'em!! Squads ranked in the NFC EAST

Farbod21

Yes the final cuts havent been made, but Im bored and I think its time to really rank the squads from the NFC East...

QB

Eagles

Giants

Cowboys

Redskins

RB&FB

Redskins

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

WR&TE

Redskins

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

OL

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

DL

Giants

Redskins

Eagles

Cowboys

LB

Cowboys

Redskins

Giants

Eagles

DBs

Redskins

Giants

Eagles

Cowboys

STs

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Redskins

Id rather have CP than any of their RBs. Id rather have Sellers than their FB. Done.

Of course CP is better than all of their RB's, and I agree with Sellers. I was speaking in terms of depth. Tashard Choice is better than Rock Cartwright. Can't really determine who's better between Betts and Jones (not yet).

Of course CP is better than all of their RB's, and I agree with Sellers. I was speaking in terms of depth. Tashard Choice is better than Rock Cartwright. Can't really determine who's better between Betts and Jones (not yet).

In the limited games Jones played last year, he did more of significance then Betts has done since the end of '06...Betts is probably the most overrated player in the league. I would take Felix Jones in a heartbeat over Betts.

I agree that Betts is overrated. But Id rather have a MONSTER #1 RB than two really good #2 RBs. Jones cannot be an everydown back, and Barber is almost as overrated as Betts is. Tashard Choice is glorified Marcus Mason. Sellers is by far the best FB in the NFC East.

All this said. I think all 4 teams have a solid RB stable. You can make arguments for any order at this position....

In the limited games Jones played last year, he did more of significance then Betts has done since the end of '06...Betts is probably the most overrated player in the league. I would take Felix Jones in a heartbeat over Betts.

Yea, I agree. Jones does like like he's a far more impact player. Speed always kills.

How do you have our oline ranked last(true) and rb/fb ranked one. You saw what happened to CP's production when the oline broke down last season. Even with a healthly oline the giants and cowturds have a better rushing attack than we do. Why? Better talent on the oline, better depth at rb...all starts there.

I agree with the rest of your rankings. If Mcintosh could step his play up at weakside then we have a shot have having the best LB core in the division.

Id rather have CP than any of their RBs. Id rather have Sellers than their FB. Done.

But its about the position as a whole. Clearly Betts doesn't get it done anymore and Cartwright (aside from the Rams game in 2005) has never truly been productive on offense. Alridge, Dorsey, and Mason clearly have shown anything because they haven't actually played.

This is compared to the stable of running backs the Cowboys have that are all offensive threats; Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice.

Sure Mike Sellers is better than Deon Anderson but does that really make up for the depth the Cowboys have?

I don't think so.

But its about the position as a whole. Clearly Betts doesn't get it done anymore and Cartwright (aside from the Rams game in 2005) has never truly been productive on offense. Alridge, Dorsey, and Mason clearly have shown anything because they haven't actually played.

This is compared to the stable of running backs the Cowboys have that are all offensive threats; Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice.

Sure Mike Sellers is better than Deon Anderson but does that really make up for the depth the Cowboys have?

I don't think so.

Again, Id rather have CP than Jones or Barber. Id rather have Portis and Betts than Jones and Barber. Id rather have Rock and Sellers than Choice and Anderson....

Basically I think that Barber sucks, Choice is overrated, and Jones, while a Homerun hitter, will give you 10 good plays a year. Nothing more.

I don't think so.

And yet with all that we still had more rushing yards and a better ypc than the Cowboys. That's great that everybody thinks that the Cowboys #3 RB is better than our #3 RB. How about putting more weight on the guys that actually will touch the ball.

So since we were a better running team then I guess it does make up for the depth (or perceived depth) that the Cowboys have.

And yet with all that we still had more rushing yards and a better ypc than the Cowboys. That's great that everybody thinks that the Cowboys #3 RB is better than our #3 RB. How about putting more weight on the guys that actually will touch the ball.

So since we were a better running team then I guess it does make up for the depth (or perceived depth) that the Cowboys have.

Thats the thing. The Cowboys #3 actually touches the ball. And it isn't because Marion Barber sucks, because as much as I hate him the fact is the guy can run the ball, its because Tashard Choice is actually good. We got more yards than the Cowboys last year solely because of Clinton Portis. But what I'm saying is if CP goes down, I'd rather have the Cowboys depth than ours. They have a better RB situation than us going down the depth chart, and that truly matters.

Just because Felix Jones and Tashard Choice won't get 250 carries this season doesn't mean they aren't significant. You can focus on the starters all you want, but think back to last season. As Clinton's season started to deteriorate, wouldn't it have been nice to have a back or two that could have stepped up and helped carry the offense at least for a game or two while CP got some rest. Last year when Barber went down, Felix Jones stepped up and played nicely. Then he goes down and Tashard Choice came in and didn't play half bad either. While Barber rested, he had guys that backed him up and played good football.

Can you imagine if CP AND Ladell went down... we wouldn't get a yard on the ground at all. And with our passing game we might not get a first down.

All I'm saying is going down the depth chart the Cowboys have us beat at RB. Come the end of the season, and especially in the next few years, we'll be wishing we had the young talent and depth the Cowboys do at running back.

Thats the thing. The Cowboys #3 actually touches the ball. And it isn't because Marion Barber sucks, because as much as I hate him the fact is the guy can run the ball, its because Tashard Choice is actually good. We got more yards than the Cowboys last year solely because of Clinton Portis. But what I'm saying is if CP goes down, I'd rather have the Cowboys depth than ours. They have a better RB situation than us going down the depth chart, and that truly matters.

Just because Felix Jones and Tashard Choice won't get 250 carries this season doesn't mean they aren't significant. You can focus on the starters all you want, but think back to last season. As Clinton's season started to deteriorate, wouldn't it have been nice to have a back or two that could have stepped up and helped carry the offense at least for a game or two while CP got some rest. Last year when Barber went down, Felix Jones stepped up and played nicely. Then he goes down and Tashard Choice came in and didn't play half bad either. While Barber rested, he had guys that backed him up and played good football.

Can you imagine if CP AND Ladell went down... we wouldn't get a yard on the ground at all. And with our passing game we might not get a first down.

All I'm saying is going down the depth chart the Cowboys have us beat at RB. Come the end of the season, and especially in the next few years, we'll be wishing we had the young talent and depth the Cowboys do at running back.

Wow. Your logic is extremely flawed. Todd Collins is a better backup than whoever the Patriots decide to go with as their #2, but you wont find one person on the entire planet that likes our QBs more than theirs.

CP didnt deteriorate last year, his Oline went to ****, and Zorn's playcalling became predictable and overly conservative.

Yes, their RBs are more evenly talented than ours, but as a whole, Id rather have our running backs because CP is just that good...

Archived