Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Fanatic of the Year Contest

Reaganaut

I'm not sure whether this has been covered by the site admins already, but I'd like to find out how hard core people are on the list through a contest where we all have to vote on a poll for the winner who would be honored in a hall of fame type of system. Is there anything along this line affiliated with Extremeskins?

If not, any interest in this?

I take its kinda like "ExtremeSkins.com Redskins Fan of the Year" type of thing? Nothing of the sort right now. Definitely something we might be interested in.

But logistically... it'd be difficult to come up with a formula for entries.. let alone a winner. Maybe with enough feedback... we can create something good out of it.

But we *do* have THE MAN contest software... and that's the member who basically knows his teams best that year ;)

I'll see how this thread unfolds.

I think that this will have to be done with pictures. People start their own thread with pictures of their Skins paraphenalia (basements etc) and we see who has invested the most in the team. Then a vote determines the winner. Whoever has gone to the most trouble to support the team would win.

I'd start by asking folks to describe just how much they sacrifice to make Redskins football a part of their lives.

I mean, is all you have to do flip on your television, and get an instant fix and catch all the action in super slo-mo, and tivo it so you can watch each play ad nauseum, then spend the next week (and all subsequent offseason) breaking it all down to subatomic levels in the air-conditioned comfort of your study with your brothers and sisters on Extremeskins ?

OR ... do you maybe live in a cave in the badlands, and have to trek 375 miles every week, overland, fighting off bears and survivalists and lost INS officials and starving nearsighted condors, to get to the nearest AM radio, then sit there in the scorching sun without so much as a cold PBR to ease your suffering, and delicately try to tune said radio to a talk station that at least gives you updates every 20 minutes, that you might catch the partial score once or twice before the game is over. And then trek home again, of course. Probably barefoot. Through the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

THAT's a fan, my friends.

I vote for that guy.

Of course, somebody will have to find him and let him know.

I remember when I was deployed in the military my girlfriend would mail me tapes of the games. I would avoid the newspaper (it wasn't hard -- it was usually old) until I got the game tape so I wouldn't know the outcome. When I got it, I'd find the chaplain and his VCR and watch it when I got a chance. All my soldiers knew I did this.

One time one of my buck sergeants announced the score of the game in formation just when I got my tape -- he thought he was funny. I think that sonofa**** is still cleaning latrines.

I remember on my honeymoon last year in Bolivia I would beg my wife to go to an internet cafe just to see the scores of the skins game :) The page would take about 30 minutes to load but didn't care. We went to any american type bar and see if they had football on or not, I was calling everywhere to catch one of the games but all that was on was soccer :(

I was even waiting for the last possible minute in the skins vs colts game to board the plane, had it gone to overtime I don't know what I would have done, luckily the colts didn't get any closer.

Nothing personal, Johnny P., but I think we're looking for something a bit more .... how to say ... substantial?

:cool:

jbooma ... spent a little time in La Paz, drove across the Altiplano to Titicaca, and did the whole hydroplane thing all around the lake. Which is to say ... me gusto Bolivia, y me encontre con unos Bolivianos muy simpaticos ... pero, el honeymoon? Be interested to know how that came about. Is she a native?

And feel free to tell me to mind my own damn business if you like, by the way. I just have my overseas radar set on "sensitive" these days for some reason ...

Originally posted by Om

Nothing personal, Johnny P., but I think we're looking for something a bit more .... how to say ... substantial?

jbooma ... spent a little time in La Paz, drove across the Altiplano to Titicaca, and did the whole hydroplane thing all around the lake. Which is to say ... me gusto Bolivia, y me encontre con unos Bolivianos muy simpaticos ... pero, el honeymoon? Be interested to know how that came about. Is she a native?

And feel free to tell me to mind my own damn business if you like, by the way. I just have my overseas radar set on "sensitive" these days for some reason ...

That was a low blow :silly: :silly: :silly:

Originally posted by Om

Nah her mom was from there. We were in Jamacai for a week and Bolivia for two, it was incredible. Every monday I would run and find some internet cafe and wait, wait, wait, wait, for the page to load :( I wouldn't miss it though for the world, had to find out what was going on with the skins.

One other thing the game against the packers was the day after our wedding. We made sure to get away from everyone during that day so we could see the game, it was sad but I thought should have won.

My favorite line down in bolivia was, Tengo una cervesa

Originally posted by Om

I'd start by asking folks to describe just how much they sacrifice to make Redskins football a part of their lives.

I cut off my left hand and sent it to Michael Westbrook in Dec. 2001 after he dropped a sure first down catch in the redzone on third down at home against Philly.:rolleyes:

Archived