Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which colleges have produced more successful NBA and NFL players?!

WhoRUSupposed2Be

They did? Was it because of Brands new contract?

I think if you're talking about money, its one thing. Quality of pro is something different.

Well in sports your pay is based more on your performance than anything so I would say that the two are very closely correlated.

Football, all time (off the top of my head)

Alabama

USC

Ohio State

Michigan

Notre Dame

I betcha that's the top 5 (maybe not in order)

The last 15 years schools like Miami and Florida State have produced more NFL stars than most of those teams. So many I think they should be in the all time list.

Well in sports your pay is based more on your performance than anything so I would say that the two are very closely correlated.

Well, rookie contracts are guaranteed no matter how awful you are, and Duke has had some first-round draft pick busts that might still be "earning money"

I would think number of active players, and the quality of those players, would be a better barometer. The first is objective, the second is open to interpretation.

Duke would definitely still be up there, in the top three for sure. I think UConn has more players than any other team, so they've got to be up there too. Probably UCLA, UNC and Arizona round out the top 5.

Well, rookie contracts are guaranteed no matter how awful you are, and Duke has had some first-round draft pick busts that might still be "earning money"

I would think number of active players, and the quality of those players, would be a better barometer. The first is objective, the second is open to imterpretation.

By either measure Duke is one of the two or three most successful schools (if not number one). Boozer, Brand, Battier, Deng, Jones, Maggette, Duhon, etc..., etc... (now you can add Henderson to the list). Please, name me another college with more, better current NBA players.

EDIT: BTW, almost all of those guys are on their second or third contracts so they have earned their money based on their performance in the league.

The last 15 years schools like Miami and Florida State have produced more NFL stars than most of those teams. So many I think they should be in the all time list.

Yes but we're talking all-time here. The Florida schools are a relatively recent thing

By either measure Duke is one of the two or three most successful schools (if not number one). Boozer, Brand, Battier, Deng, Jones, Maggette, Duhon, etc..., etc... (now you can add Henderson to the list). Please, name me another college with more, better current NBA players.

EDIT: BTW, almost all of those guys are on their second or third contracts so they have earned their money based on their performance in the league.

I think UConn has better players overall in the NBA than Duke:

Ray Allen

Caron Butler

Rudy Gay

Emeka Okafor

Ben Gordon

Richard Hamilton

Charlie Villanueva

I also count 13 players on an active roster, the same number as Duke.

I think UConn has better players overall in the NBA than Duke:

Ray Allen

Caron Butler

Rudy Gay

Emeka Okafor

Ben Gordon

Richard Hamilton

Charlie Villanueva

I also count 13 players on an active roster, the same number as Duke.

Yeah, UConn is the only other team I can think of that is in the same league. I'm just saying, it makes sense that Duke players could make the most money and Duke and UConn clearly are the most successful college programs in the NBA right now.

Yeah, UConn is the only other team I can think of that is in the same league. I'm just saying, it makes sense that Duke players could make the most money and Duke and UConn clearly are the most successful college programs in the NBA right now.

I would agree that UConn and Duke have to be the top two programs as far as NBA talent goes, at least as of this moment.

Yes, but it is also based on what era they also played in. You can't for example say that Shaq was a better player than Wilt or Russell just because he got paided more. Besides the highest paid player isn't always the best player, just usually one of the best.

No, in the last 15 years, Miami and Florida/Florida St. have been eclipsed by Ohio State and USC.

You're still living in the 90's, youd probably name Tupac as today's best rapper, and he's about as alive as Florida State's program :-)

No, in the last 15 years, Miami and Florida/Florida St. have been eclipsed by Ohio State and USC.

You're still living in the 90's, youd probably name Tupac as today's best rapper, and he's about as alive as Florida State's program :-)

In the last 5 years alone, the only guys USC has put out that have had any real impact for their teams are Carson Palmer, Troy Polamalu, LenDale White, Mike Patterson, and maybe Reggie Bush (although he certainly has had a lot to live up to for all of his draft hype).

FSU's put out Antonio Cromartie, Ernie Sims, Leon Washington, Brodrick Bunkley, Anquan Boldin, Bryant McFadden, and Lawrence Timmons.

I'd say it's really about even actually.

And don't even joke about Ohio State versus FSU or Miami in recent years.

Archived