Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you to kind people

hockeysc23

Just a simple thank you to all the people out there that go above and beyond to help others out of the kindness of their hearts.

Story: My lovely dog, rescued Chocolate Lab, was spending some time over at my parents house since I was in OC Maryland for the weekend. She is a great dog that just loves to be around people. So my brother and my dad had her chained up outside on the deck with a long cable so she could run around but still stay close as they were hanging out on the deck.

Well she got tangled up so as my brother went to untangle her she slipped her choke chain and sprinted off (assuming something must've spoked her or she smelled something). This was around midnight.

Needless to say my brother and dad spent a long time looking for her but finding a chocolate lab at night in a strange neighborhood for her was not possible.

Well I got a phone call the next morning from a lovely lady that found my dog. Took her in for the night, feed her and gave her water. She later called animal control since she obviously couldn't watch her all day. But the fact she went so above and beyond for a stranger was really moving and thoughtful. But my lovely dog was reunited and home last night.

I am sure there are many here that do these kind of gestures for strangers and let me tell you that you have no idea how appreciated it is until you are helped by a random person.

All I ask is that you pay it forward as I intend to do.

Good story. About five or so years ago on the day before Thanksgiving a HUGE german shepherd ran through our neighborhood scaring all the kids. I looked out and saw this beast chasing my 8 year old down the driveway. So I ran out and in a second or two figured out that the dog was friendly and just trying to play.

Long story short, it became obvious that it was lost, so I figured I'd take it in for the night and post some fliers the next day.

I was going to let it stay in the backyard, but it got cold, so soon enough this giant thing was in my very small house, very playful, romping all over. He had a tag with a Vet's name on it, so when Friday came we called the vet, who then called the owner. They didn't live far, but far enough that they couldn't find him. The woman lived alone with her daughter, her husband was deployed to Iraq. She was so happy to see her dog, and I was very happy to get him back to her.

One other time i was walking my dog in the local park, and this big ol' hairball came running up on us to play.. I waited and waited for an owner to come and claim it, but when none did, I checked his collar, and there was a phone number. I didn't have my phone on me, so I packed him in the car, took him home, gave him a bone to chew on and called. Again, very relieved owner, the dog had run away the day before. She showed up with her daughter.. th kid all screaming and happy to see the dog.

Both times they offered me money, and I refused. Didn't seem right to take money for something I'd do anyway.

I like to think that as a result, my Karma is good.

~Bang

Thanks for the story and contribution Bang. At least from my experience you have no idea how grateful I was. Unfortunately Animal Control wouldn't give me the ladies address ( I am sure some sort of security concern) but I intend to call her tonight so I can send her a thank you card and a small gift card as a token of appreciation.

I'll look for any way possible to keep an animal from going to the pound.

BTW, back about a month ago I made a thread about a cat I rescued... as an update, the kitty is doing VERY well, he's healthy and friendly and has been adopted.

~Bang

Not a pet story, but a good pay-it-forward moment.

I was waiting with my son in a medium line at Gamestop. Anyone who has been to Gamestop knows that it can take a while even in a short line. After about 7 minutes of not going anywhere, and not looking to go anywhere soon, the guy in front of me noticed that my son was holding a game that was one of a bunch he was about to trade in. He gave us the game, we thanked him, and left.

Does this apply to me?

I was walking into a restaurant when some lady in a minivan waved me over asking for help...so she told me she was lost and wanted to know where route 3 was....well considering I wasn't from that area, I pulled out my phone to look. She in the mean time tells me she wants south on 301...I knew where that was so I pointed out the sign.

It turns out she was trying to get to fort meade...I sent her south to upper marlboro :doh: I felt bad

Bang,

I have a story similar to yours.

One evening last summer, I was playing outside with my daughter. A yellow lab comes bounding around the corner, my daughter yells to it, and before I can help it, the dog starts licking her face, almost knocking her over.

I get over to them and gently pull the dog away. It has a collar, but no ID. I put her in the back yard and then let her sleep in my other dog's kennel for the night. The next day, I saw a poster with a description of the dog. I called the number and half an hour later, a van pulls up in front of my house. Three kids, all under the age of 7 (or so) get out and run up to my door. The dog sees them and goes crazy. The oldest was a girl, and she was bawling her eyes out. I gave the dog back to the mom and the little girl, hugging the dog's neck, looked at me and said 'Thanks for finding my dog'. Now THAT made me feel good.

Bang,

I have a story similar to yours.

One evening last summer, I was playing outside with my daughter. A yellow lab comes bounding around the corner, my daughter yells to it, and before I can help it, the dog starts licking her face, almost knocking her over.

I get over to them and gently pull the dog away. It has a collar, but no ID. I put her in the back yard and then let her sleep in my other dog's kennel for the night. The next day, I saw a poster with a description of the dog. I called the number and half an hour later, a van pulls up in front of my house. Three kids, all under the age of 7 (or so) get out and run up to my door. The dog sees them and goes crazy. The oldest was a girl, and she was bawling her eyes out. I gave the dog back to the mom and the little girl, hugging the dog's neck, looked at me and said 'Thanks for finding my dog'. Now THAT made me feel good.

As it should. :)

A nice little update:

I talked with the woman that found my dog and politely asked for her address if it wasn't too much of an inconvenience to send her a thank you card.

Well my amazing dog ran about 1.1 miles away and over a major road in annandale. Wow.

Archived