Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When to sign draft picks??

Shouldn't the front office be a bit more prepared to sign our draft picks no later than two weeks after the draft? I get sick of the waiting game and the posturing. It almost cost Patrick Ramsey his career in Washington last year and Heath Shuler doomed himself right from the start. here is the status of the NFC draft picks...http://espn.go.com/nfl/nfc/draftsignings2003.html

uh Bufford, what the hell is that a picture of next to that Bulletts logo in your sig???

Just curious b/c it looks preety creepy

and oh yeah, have patience, it's the norm, there's nothing we can do and it would be stupid to sign our guys earlier than most of the other teams. right now, everyone's just waiting for someone to set the bar.

This is a good year for us. Unlike previous years where we were needing these players right away we have the luxury of not having to have them start right away.

Jacobs will sign quick. Smoot tried to play the game of "I want 1st round money" and he did not get it. Jacobs knows he has some stiff competition and it would definitely hurt him to sit out.

Dockery is a 3 rounder and should not be a threat to holdout. Not sure how many 3rd rounders have held out. It seems 3rd rounder get anywhere from 450k to 600k signing bonuses so he pretty much knows what on the table for him. One thing I have read alot on lately is that teams are wanting to do longer contracts than the usual 3 year contract.

Hamdan I could honestly care less about right now but we know he will sign soon. No threat

Brad Banks should get the same contract as Hamdan. No threat.

The skins don't really have to worry about holdouts. Most holdouts are first rounders trying to buck the slotting. Second rounders who hold out usually have some kind of leverage, like playing a position where the team really needs help. Jacobs has no leverage -- he's not competing for a starting position. The skins are likely to say, "Go ahead, kid, let your agent pay you for a while."

Dockery and the rest aren't likely to hold out. Their salaries are pretty much locked.

Isn't it nice for a change not to be worried about this issue? No fretting over Ramsey...and look what happened with Jammer last year!! Yep, it's nice to let the other fans moan and groan about the impact of their prized rookies missing camp. At worst for the Skins, it's a minor inconvenience.

Archived