Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So if we're still in a need to draft a franchise QB in 2010, who is the guy?

LetThePointsSoar

I know we have the OL needs that desperately need to be addressed, but assuming JC fails again and nobody feels comfortable with Colt or Chase, do we trade up to chase a Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford (assuming he goes)? I don't follow college football too seriously other than highlights on Sportscenter and PTI, just curious what everybody thinks?

Sam Bradford. But he is likely to be in the first 2 picks.

Hopefully, we would have to give up a ton to get him.

It really isn't even an option unless you believe Rabach, Samuels and Randy Thomas will be even better players twelve months from now.

Sam Bradford would be a good pick, but he's likely to be a top 5 pick, and I don't think we're anywhere close to a bottom 5 NFL team, obviously.

Another guy I like is Jevan Snead, who could be there in the 20-25 area (again, depending on our pick).

A late round guy to target would be Zac Robinson from Oklahoma State. He's got good size, mobile, and has an experienced arm. He could probably be had in the late 2nd-3rd round.

IF Campbell fails, we will have to draft another QB. Colt won't be ready, and Chase is an unknown. If we do draft, I think we need to trade up to get either McCoy or Bradford (Tebow is a risk). We can't settle for an above average QB in the draft. We need to get an elite player who can really lead this team and isn't just a game manager. We need a stud, even if it costs us in other positions. We can hopefully fill the holes on OL with free agency.

IF Campbell fails, we will have to draft another QB. Colt won't be ready, and Chase is an unknown. If we do draft, I think we need to trade up to get either McCoy or Bradford (Tebow is a risk). We can't settle for an above average QB in the draft. We need to get an elite player who can really lead this team and isn't just a game manager. We need a stud, even if it costs us in other positions. We can hopefully fill the holes on OL with free agency.
I would agree. Now Bradford would be ironic since he is registered with the Cherokee Nation as 1/16 Cherokee, and then getting drafted by the Washington Redskins who's name has been debated as to whether it is derogatory or not. :D

Lets put it this way.

The Free Agent QB crop is going to be really bad next offseason. It was actually a topic on 980 today.

The same for 1st round QBs.

So, if Jason isn't back. Look for a trade to a team for their backup....sending a 2nd rounder and us having only a 1st rounder on day one again.

Going for a rookie would be dumber than last offseason.

At this point I'm tired of wasting late 1st round picks on QB's (Ramsey, Campbell). While early 1st round picks aren't a sure thing either I like both Bradford and Snead am all for trading up to get either one of them. We will still need to address the O'line so I'm not sure what that will do to hurting us in that department maybe it ca be addressed in during FA.

I'm not sold on Bradford until the end of this season. He had GREAT protection last year. He lost most of his line, so I'm not totally sold on him. I like McCoy, he read defenses well last year. I remember him changing plays at the line and when the blitz came he threw a quick slant to an open reciever and it burned defenses. He's also a good runner and a competitor. I really like Jevan Snead also. I wouldn be stoked if we could get him late 1st.

Snead all the way. Leader of a pro style offense in the SEC, good size and arm strength, and he comes up big when he has to.

His stock after this year could obviously climb though. Depending on how we do this season, we could be out of reach for a lot of QBs unless we do some trading up.

Archived