Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Campbell. Start Collins, develop Brennan, Daniel.

Atlanta Skins Fan

Every snap Jason Campbell takes in practice or a game, robs the real QBs on this team of the practice and development they need.

It's over. It should have been over at the end of 2007, but it's certainly over now. If you want to win in 2009, cut Jason Campbell now.

C'mon Danny. Sure, they'll laugh at you for a week. And then you can laugh at them with your team in the playoffs. Do it now. Don't look for trades you won't get. Don't drag it out. Grow some balls and cut Jason Campbell now.

Waiting is just stupid, and you're not a stupid man, right?

Its funny that the Colt fans are getting jumpy now that they know that there boy is about to get shipped back to the Island. :lol

Anyway, let me restate, you're asking the team to start a 37 year old system QB with a LOWER QB rating this preseson then J.C. Do you understand how crazy that sounds??

Its going to be Campbell, Collins, and Chase this year, with Chase possibly getting a chance to prove his worth late in the season if it becomes clear that Campbell will be released next spring.

As irrational and unlikely as it is to happen, I'd really like to see it.

ColdnGrey can keep hyping the preseason rating thing like he has been all day, but at least Collins doesn't play scared.

If you want to take a step back to Mark Brunell territory by putting a man with an old arm that won't last a full season in charge, then by all means, keep championing this horrible idea.

I take that back, at least w/ Mark Brunell you got a starting QB with a 37 year old. You're promoting watching a career backup try to sling the ball for 16+ games. That's insane.

If you want to take a step back to Mark Brunell territory by putting a man with an old arm that won't last a full season in charge, then by all means, keep championing this horrible idea.

I take that back, at least w/ Mark Brunell you got a starting QB with a 37 year old. You're promoting watching a career backup try to sling the ball for 16+ games. That's insane.

He's played better than our 27-year-old starter so far in preseason. People thought Kurt Warner and Kerry Collins were done for too. Turns out old guys can be competent QBs afterall.

This is ridiculous. No matter how you may view Jason, he's clearly better than any of the QBs on the roster. Anyone know who the QB was when we went 6-2 to be begin the season last year? And yes, the same guy was the QB when we went 2-6 down the stretch. But that had more to do with the o-line than anything else. Why not give him a chance to get used to his second year in the same system and an o-line a chance to play together for another season without the injuries it suffered last year.

What's also insane is to keep trotting Campbell out there.

I'm willing to give him one last chance because I want him to succeed. I want to like him. But if he's still looking like he did at the end of last year and at during this preseason by the end of September, he needs to go.

The way this team is currently built, it is a good QB away from being a playoff team. Thats it...we've got the defense, we've got some good weapons on offense. We've got a lot of talent.

It's not gonna last forever, we can't keep waiting for Jason Campbell to grow a sack.

At least Collins came in down the stretch and guided this team to a playoff berth. I'd like to know how you're so sure that he can't last an entire season. It's not like his body is old and decrepit like Brunell's was. He's a backup, there's not a lot of wear and tear.

I know it's irrational and I know it's highly unlikely to happen...but I'm sick of Jason Campbell.

Every snap Jason Campbell takes in practice or a game, robs the real QBs on this team of the practice and development they need.

It's over. It should have been over at the end of 2007, but it's certainly over now. If you want to win in 2009, cut Jason Campbell now.

C'mon Danny. Sure, they'll laugh at you for a week. And then you can laugh at them with your team in the playoffs. Do it now. Don't look for trades you won't get. Don't drag it out. Grow some balls and cut Jason Campbell now.

Waiting is just stupid, and you're not a stupid man, right?

thanks for starting yet another thread telling everybody here what we already know and have already discussed FOREVER.

And what upside have you seen in JC to warrant him a free pass?

There is no free pass in the NFL. But impatience has not served the Snyder-Skins well. Campbell has improved year to year, and this is the year he produces or gets to move on. That is why he does not have a contract.

Campbell is on a short leash that is getting tighter, you can tell by Zorns tone and body language :doh:(somebody wrote that) But honestly I do think it is true. Zorn will pull Campbell and start Collins if JC does not snap out of it. JMHO.

This is ridiculous. No matter how you may view Jason, he's clearly better than any of the QBs on the roster. Anyone know who the QB was when we went 6-2 to be begin the season last year? And yes, the same guy was the QB when we went 2-6 down the stretch. But that had more to do with the o-line than anything else. Why not give him a chance to get used to his second year in the same system and an o-line a chance to play together for another season without the injuries it suffered last year.

How is he clearly better? He's got more experience than Daniel and Brennan and he's younger than Collins. The circumstances dictate that Campbell is better, but lets be honest...he's not "better" by leaps and bounds. If he's *SO* good, why do these debates keep popping up about him? Why isn't he the undisputed QB of this team?

I didn't see the Steelers poor O-line play holding Big Ben back last year. Can we quit with that tired excuse? By all accounts last night the O-line did a good job yet Campbell still looked like crap.

What's also insane is to keep trotting Campbell out there......

I agree with a lot of your points. I really do, I just think that it would be more frustrating watching Collins stink up the joint, then at least having a chance at watching some athleticism from Campbell.

I'm in the Camp that says this year is it for Campbell. Either he becomes the franchise QB or he's released. If that's the case, I'm ok with seeing what he can do with the entire season. I wouldn't make his leash any shorter then, lets say, Romo sits to pee.

Archived