Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An important lesson learned about signing punters.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Throughout the past few seasons, the Redskins have searched to find a capable punter, who can help the Redskins in the field position game. We longed for the days of Tom Tupa and his amazing punting skills. We drafted Ray Guy award winners, and good students to aide our punting woes. But to the chagrin of all of us, none of them panned out. We cringed through the shanked punts, the headcase blow ups and the bad holds only to find these guys on the waiver wire searching for a job.

Enter 2009, the REDSKINS HAVE A PUNTER! Hunter "the Punter" is just that, and does it exceedingly well. And now we know what makes a great punter. It's not about punting average, or hang-time. It's about name.

Let me explain:

Derrick Frost, name sounds like a black guy ... not a good punter.

Durant Brooks, seriously I'm pretty sure his paperwork got mixed-up with some black kid in Michigan. Somewhere in the Lake Erie area some black family has a 26 year-old son named "Roger Billingsworth III", and Durant Brook is a punter.

Hunter Smith, wow, might as well name him Bob Wilson, aside from being named Mike Smith it doesn't get much more generic white guy. And as we can plain see, this guy is quite the punter.

When someone says their name is "Derrick" or "Durant" there is no way any of you envisioned a punter. You thought maybe RB or WR (and no H_H, white people aren't allowed to be RBs), punter was the last thought, and when you heard their names you said, "Okay quit ****ing around, what's this guys real name? 'Mort McKenzie'?"

So let's face facts, black names = bad punters, white names = good punter.

Also, please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying only white people can be punters, Reggie Roby, when I first heard his name, I thought white guy.

I don't think I've ever seen a black punter or kicker...

Chad OCHOCINCO or whatever kicked for the bengals the other night. Dont know what the outcome was though.

Above poster beat me. Thats why I have a NNT attached to me. I guess next I'll get hit with a NNP for being to slow on them too.

I like it. Hail to Hunter Smith! In the words of Danny Smith, "we haven't had one of those in a while." It really is sad when a well respected special teams coach chosen by Joe Gibbs admits that we haven't had a real punter for almost the entire time he's been here.

You know, I keep gettin touchbacks in Madden because I still have no expectation of kicking it into the endzone from the 50.

To the OP: How does this thread contribute ANYTHING to this site whatsoever? Could we get a NNT over here?
It's a joking thread (while also bringing up the fact that we do seem to have a good punter now) from a long established member...what else would you prefer?

Another thread on Campbell and how he's worse than Colt/Chase/Tebow/your flag football QB? Relax man.

And yes, Reggie's definitely a black name. Or as the Sports Junkies call Lurch's mom's black ex-boyfriend, "Reeegggie."

Derrick Frost is NOT a "black" name lol...I don't know any blacks with the last name of Frost, and "Derrick" would more likely be "Darnell". :cool:

Durant? No way in hell is that a "black" name, either.

And Reggie is DEFINITELY a "black" name lol :yes:...Reggie Bush, Reggie White, Reggie Williams...Eddie Murphy's character Reggie in "Trading Places"...come on, now. ;)

Derrick Frost is NOT a "black" name lol...I don't know any blacks with the last name of Frost, and "Derrick" would more likely be "Darnell". :cool:

Durant? No way in hell is that a "black" name, either.

And Reggie is DEFINITELY a "black" name lol :yes:...Reggie Bush, Reggie White, Reggie Williams...come on, now. ;)

Exactly, this thread is lame as hell.....wasnt even remotely funny.

WTF....first off, Derrick Frost DOES NOT sound like a black guy.....It sounds like a black snowman....second, are you implying that blacks cant punt? Reggie Roby was a beast back in the day....

You didn't actually read his entire post, did you? lol...Because he clearly says this at the end of it:

Also, please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying only white people can be punters, Reggie Roby, when I first heard his name, I thought white guy.

Archived