Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wacky Ralph Exposed: "the sins of our past"

First a question. How did I find out?

I wish I could say it was a case of good detective work, but it was really just serendipity raising its ugly head. Kwai Chang Kane said it best, "The answers you seek shall be found only when you stop searching for them." (Kung Fu the original series)

I had long ago resigned myself to the fact that Wacky Ralph's fate, like that of Amelia Earhart, would forever, and fittingly (I thought) remain a mystery. But the great architect of the universe, with the help of google, does indeed work in strange and mysterious ways.

Today I was reading a thread in which someone mentioned that they recently saw an Extremeskins baseball cap that wasn't sanctioned by Blade. It occured to me that their might be another company called extremeskins that sells caps.

So I went to google and did search for "extremeskins", but all the results were in some way related to our forum-- no help there. Then I did a search for "extreme skins" and low and behold the second result had the following headline...

From the Sins of Our Past Department-- Wacky Ralph...

Thinking it was just an old humorous classic Wacky Ralph post and worth a laugh I clicked on it and much to my surprise it brought me to a Cowboy's fan forum. I then read the thread and my jaw dropped.

Part of me wanted to forget it all. To let it go and just keep the ''truth'' to myself. Some things, I thought, are better left buried...

But first let's take a comercial break for a mandatory legal disclaimer from our sponsors.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WARNING: DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER LIES AHEAD!!

If you want to preserve your memories of Wacky Ralph the way they were then read no further. The truth is there for those who dare, but be advised, the truth will most asuredly not set you free.

You take the blue pill, the story ends and you wake up believing whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and i show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Read on if you want the red pill, for all others the story ends... here.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

You took the red pill huh? Everybody takes the red pill. Welcome home Pandora, welcome home...

End of disclaimer.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

...I read the following quote by Scott David, aka Wacky Ralph, aka aspiring author, aka who knows what else and decided the truth MUST be told...

Regarding Wacky Ralph, at this stage I sort of hope the secret stays buried-- not for my sake, but for the hog-nose-wearing faithful at the Extreme Skins forum.

Ralph here's a taco shoved right up your asss from this hog-nose-wearing fan...

Here's the inside scoop...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...

About two years ago I was at work... and had to use a different computer. This sucked for me, 'cause I didn't remember my DMN password-- I had simply bookmarked the webpage so I didn't hafta sign in every time I flipped to the screen. Now... I didn't wanna be just another tool who uses different aliases on the forum (since that sort of thing pissed me off), so I wasn't sure what to do. One of my coworkers shouted something at me and I answered back, "My cat's breath smells like catfood!" --a line from Ralph Wiggum on The Simpsons. Inspiration struck! Or maybe that was gas. Either way, I logged back on to the DMN forum under the name Wacky Ralph. It became sort of a literary challenge-- to create a fictional character so bizarre that it couldn't be linked back to me. And it worked! Wacky Ralph started using a "Wack-Factor" on posts he didn't like, quoting washed-up professional wrestlers, continually rambling on about tacos, and acting like a general moron. And I tell ya, it was liberating to behave like a goof, not really caring if anyone took you seriously. Wacky Ralph became popular in a short time. One of the other posters even named him the forum's MLB in some post, if I remember right.

Then, I got my old computer back, and I figured that would be the end of Wacky Ralph. But the cruel hand of fate pulled Ralph back into the limelight once again...

On Jerry's old "backroom" forum, I came clean with my creation, telling others the truth about Wacky Ralph. Mr. Bill had two interesting observations-- One, that he actually liked Wacky Ralph better than Scott David... and two, that I should've given Wacky Ralph a better sendoff, like a soap opera death. Naturally, I liked Mr. Bill's second observation the best.

Since the Wacky Ralph name was already taken on the DMN forum-- and since I (of course) couldn't remember the WR password, I decided to revive the character at the Extreme Skins' forum. It was fun-- Wacky Ralph was a lovable, incoherent fat-ass with a strange taco fetish... and he instantly became the most beloved member at the Extreme Skins' website. You see, for the past two years, I've been working on a novel (only 50 pages away from completion... thank God...), and for whatever reason, writing about football helped me to overcome the always-perpetual writer's block, so Wacky Ralph actually helped me do a better job with my book.

A few weeks before I got married back in May, I had enough of Wacky Ralph, so I decided to kill him off. In a final post ( www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9514&highlight=wacky+ralph ) I explained to everyone that I had a terminal disease and was going to die... so see ya.

And I never posted again.

This caused a huge stir in the Extreme Skins community-- one that I never intended. I figured that it was pretty obvious that I was joking around, but some people took it seriously and a huge manhunt for Wacky Ralph began. The poster Art tracked down my e-mail address over to a George Carlin forum I posted at a few times two years ago, which sort of freaked me out. And that was the end of it.

But once again, the hands of fate got grabby...

Jerry started to post on the Extreme Skins' forum as Ralph's Kidnapper ( www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10094&highlight=wacky+ralph ), claiming that he had Ralph locked inside his trunk and issued a series of ransom demands. The Extreme Skins' forum didn't know what to do-- all forums, from the DMN to Mazevo ,has to deal with the occasional troll, but this was a mind-**** of a truly different creature. Eventually, the moderators at Extreme Skins terminated his account. But Wacky Ralph's popularity continues unabated over at Extreme Skins-- whenever you go their forum and hit "search", the ten most recent searches are shown. And without fail, there's always two or more of 'em devoted to poor ol' Ralph.

So that's the strange saga of Wacky Ralph, Internet Legend. You are now one of a handful of people in the Brotherhood of Ralph-- those who know the secret of the Champion of Tacos and general idiocy. Hide that which has been revealed, for there are those out there who'd break open your skull to discover the origins-- and final resting place-- of Wacky Ralph.

One last time: TACO!

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22extreme+skins%22&btnG=Google+Search&num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off

http://pub38.ezboard.com/frenegaderadiofrm3.showMessage?topicID=109.topic

Postscript:

Quoted from another post on the thread listed above...

I'm more into Wacky Ralph since he duped a whole nation of Deadskin fans. You be lots o fun and all, but I really worship your alter ego. Sorry.

I hope no one other than the select group here ever find out what you pulled off. It is brilliant. It deserves special adoration. It deserves to be as secret as who really is "Deep Throat" and where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Deep throat and Hoffa huh? Yeah right. Take a big puff next round for me. :high: :rolleyes: :finger:

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

It seems quite odd that you would show up right after Wacky Ralph left, isn't it? Hmmm.

Makes one wonder.... :twitch:

Dude, you are way off base. I showed up here, as you put it, in February of 2002. I was here before, during and after Ralph's tenure.

I hope your just busting my balls. If not you shsould have learned a long time ago that the best way to create an enemy is to accuse them of something they didn't do.

Think before you write.

Good work BCS.

Wacky Ralph is one of the interesting characters from our past. I knew fairly early that he wasn't a true Redskin fan, but, he was a careful debate and consistently funny. So, I dealt with him as genuine and I always liked his skill as a writer and humor.

When he left I looked a little more closely and found his trail. That's when I posted a message about whether he was out on a George Carlin site living large or something to give him the opportunity to come back. When he didn't I was able to track his internet use to where he was and roughly who he was.

One reason he never posted here again is because his account was banned when I found out. The reason I've never said anything is because I very much respect a skillful alter ego such as was created with Ralph. Scott David deserves great credit for being so able to slip into that persona and make it not only fun, but memorable. It is a mark of an exquisite writer and character, and, simply put, Ralph was so beloved, even by me, it wasn't worth breaking the news. Ralph was tucked away.

I tried to coax our friend Scott David back to the board openly when a discussion came up wishing to pit him against me in a knock down drag out, which would have been interesting. I may have hit him with Ralph then :).

In any case, what I think is important is to remember just how good a character that was. We always knew he was an alter ego of someone. Only a few of us really knew who though. Now while he can't ever come back he was still fun to have known :). I can still hack his computer and destroy his book though if you'd like? I could even tell you some of what he browses from time to time if it'd make you feel better :).

For the record, guys, BCS is not Ralph. I think you may want to avoid the association, however playful, in case it's taken more seriously than you intend it to be taken. To some here the ruse may be a terrible affront and to be attached to it might be impolite. To others, the ruse was a wonderful lark it was intended to be.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Fine, I was only kidding BCS.

I was hoping you'd play along. :P

Hail to the Skins.

OH, well let's keep that in our bag of tricks for next April Fools Day. ;)

I hoped it was a joke, but I guess it's hard to tell over the net whether someone is being serious or sarcastic.

As always Hail brother Skeletor.

Originally posted by Art

In any case, what I think is important is to remember just how good a character that was.

Indeed. It was brilliant.

I can still hack his computer and destroy his book though if you'd like?

Naah! To be honest I hope it gets published. He WAS...there I go again... I mean he IS a hell of a writer even if he's a Cowpuke fan. Might even leaf through it myself one weekend.

I could even tell you some of what he browses from time to time if it'd make you feel better

Now that on the other hand, sounds like deliciously wicked fun. Heh heh heh...;)

Damn, just when I thought the Wacky Ralph legend died off, back it comes.

It's really quite incredible when you think about it, that a person who "died off" well over a year ago can still create such a stir.

But anyway, I'm glad this mystery was cleared up. Good work BCS. :cheers:

Archived