Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry's Time In Tennessee Is Running Out

Skins4SB

When the Titans drafted Chris Henry in the second round in 2007, a lot of draft experts believed that they were reaching to draft him--he was a workout warrior whose on-field production in college never matched his 40-yard dash time.

Just two and a half years later, the Titans appear ready to declare that Mel Kiper was right. When 2009 fifth-round pick Javon Ringer ran around and through the Bucs' defense, it seemed to be the final straw. Unless Henry dominates the next three preseason games or there's an injury to one of the Titans' top backs, it's hard to see how he will beat out Javon Ringer and Quinton Ganther for the final two tailback spots on the Titans' roster.

Ringer is showing the instincts that Henry has never demonstrated while Ganther is a better special teams player than Henry. So it's looking highly likely that Henry's Titans' career will end with 33 total carries, 32 of which came during his rookie season.

What's funny is that on another team's roster, Henry would still have a chance to stick. He doesn't set up blockers like you would like, but he still is an interesting combination of size and speed. But between Chris Johnson, Lendale White and Ringer, Tennessee just doesn't have the need to take a chance on developing Henry.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/20/chris-henrys-time-in-tennessee-is-running-out/

Considering that we are looking for a speed back with the presence of Dorsey and Aldridge in camp, I think Henry may deserve a look from us. Maybe we can use him on kick and punt returns. Food for thought.

Considering that we are looking for a speed back with the presence of Dorsey and Aldridge in camp, I think Henry may deserve a look from us. Maybe we can use him on kick and punt returns. Food for thought.
So he is gonna get cut from Tenn because all he has is speed, and you want us to look at him? We have 2 speed guys here already in Dorsey and Aldridge.

So he is gonna get cut from Tenn because all he has is speed, and you want us to look at him? We have 2 speed guys here already in Dorsey and Aldridge.

He is much more talented than Dorsey and Aldridge. He also has a bigger frame than both of them, to take the hits from special teams.

He is getting cut from Tenn because they have Chris Johnson, Lendale, and last year's college RB sensation, Javon Ringer.

I was VERY impressed by him when I watched the Titans in the HOF game. He is definitely a better runner than anyone on our roster not named Betts or Portis.

But I'm sure we won't sign him, we are content with having average 30+ year old running backs who only play special teams....................:silly:

Archived