Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF is up with all these people driving with headphones on???

It's illegal here in MD / VA I believe

**** those earphones, people do know there are devices to plug Ipods into the car stereo so you can use those speakers instead of earphones

exactly. go to a 5 and Below or something and buy the cassette tape plug-in or something....thats what I do. It only costs like 3 bucks.

Wonder if such devices exist for non-Ipod devices. I have a Creative Zen and I'd like to plug that thing into the car audio system.

I don't think cars have cassette players anymore...I know mine doesn't. I think they plug into the cigarette charger now

Wonder if such devices exist for non-Ipod devices. I have a Creative Zen and I'd like to plug that thing into the car audio system.

I don't think cars have cassette players anymore...I know mine doesn't. I think they plug into the cigarette charger now

look online and you can find non-proprietary FM transmitters that use the headphone jack.

I don't have an ipod or ear/headphones in my car, but I guess i don't see what the big issue is. So you're listening to music close to your ear (via headphones) rather than from your speakers...but you're not talking to anyone via a cell phone and your hands are still free to operate the car.

Don't see why listening to music on headphones is different from listening to it from car speakers or talking to someone on your cell phone with a hands free device. Is the law's rationale that you may not hear an emergency vehicle's siren?...of course, the same can apply if your car speakers are turned up too loudly.

I'm guilty of this at times...I use iheartradio on my bb a lot and sometimes I just want to keep listening to that rather than the local radio or a cd.

I see no big deal with it and don't really understand how it's much more dangerous than using the stereo. I can have my car stereo blazzin so loud that can prevent me from hearing a screeching car or a horn.

Like others have said, it could also be people talking on the phone.

About 12 years ago, 5 of my friends and I pulled up next to a car full of black guys listening to their headphones. They had their windows down. So we rolled down our windows played Deicide (death metal band) and started headbanging.

So we headbanged for a minute and looked back over at their car and they were cracking up laughing at us. I thought it was really funny at the time and so did they.

Archived