Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly's New home

Griff

Originally posted by TankRizzo

is it me or does it not look that steep?

It is very steep. Now the nutjobs will be a lot closer to field then they were at the Vet. It was designed to keep the crowd noise in, like RFK, whereas FedEx lets noise escape.

Watch out for batteries. :D

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

That place just looks like noise will escape out of there. But how many more seats are in there and how many more cubic feet does it have? Also where will the nutjobs sit compared to the fat cats who dont make any noise?

Originally posted by Blazers21

It is very steep. Now the nutjobs will be a lot closer to field then they were at the Vet. It was designed to keep the crowd noise in, like RFK, whereas FedEx lets noise escape.

Watch out for batteries. :D

You don't have to go to school to know that place will NOT hold noise in. Look at the cut out sides. Noise will flow right out without a weird eco effect of anything. I think that's for concerts. I see what you're saying about the top with that cover for keeping it in...but I can't imagine it'll make that much of a difference.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

I feel a poll coming on.

How many years (or weeks) will it take for the Philthy fans to trash the new stadium? :laugh:

It doesn't come pre-trashed? I just figured that they'd want the Philly freaks to feel at home for the season opener.

that's okay, the Eagles don't spend much money on player development anyway, so they don't need the bigger stadium deal :laugh:

Lurie is rich and Reid continues to want to try and win a Super Bowl without having to spend money on any one except Donovan McNabb.

Douglas left. Trotter left. No doubt Taylor will be gone after this season.

Meanwhile, who have they acquired at WR or RB to support McNabb?

Nobody........they are still trying to tell us that Todd Pinkston and Duce Staley are going to be good enough to ride them to a title.

Originally posted by sippin2020

I just read that it only has 66,000 seats. Isn't that a little low for a new NFL stadium these days? Aren't we pushing 85,000?

Alot of the newer ones are samller seating with more luxery boxes and new technologies (big screens etc.) Raymond James Stadium seats 66,000 also down from 74,300 in the Old Sombrero.

The new Philly stadium looks good, much better than the Vet.

I have been by the new site a few times, The seats are closer to the field,but I don't think there will be as much of a noise factor because of the open sides. It comes down to the ticket prices and how many of the old blue collar vet fans purchase PSL'S. I believe the upper sections do not require PSL'S so the "700" section fans will have a new roost. If the crowd gets quiet there should be plenty of traffic noise as the staduim sits about 20 feet from I 95. The big difference of course will be the turf,which will not be a home field issue anymore

Originally posted by rdsknbill

How many years (or weeks) will it take for the Philthy fans to trash the new stadium? :laugh:

One of the major problems with the Vet was that it was managed by the city. City workers were responsible for maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning. Both Busch and Arrowhead stadiums are as old as the Vet and they are in great shape. With the Eagles managing the stadium now, I would expect it to be much less trashy. At least until some of the fans arrive.

And as far as noise goes - the Vet got really loud, and it's just a hole in the ground. I don't expect LFF to be any less noisy than the Vet - unless, of course, the wine and cheese crowd takes over from the beer and batteries crowd.

Wouldn't it be nice to open the new stadium with a Super Bowl year for the Birds? Nah, never happen. :D

Archived