Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Irvin to join ESPN Countdown

jbooma

Does anyone know what happened to Sharpe, is he still with ESPN or jumped to the NFL channel?

Form USATODAY: Irvin to ESPN: ESPN is expected this week to announce Michael Irvin will replace Sterling Sharpe as an analyst on its Sunday NFL Countdown pregame show. Sharpe, an ex-NFL star receiver, joined ESPN in 1995.

For Irvin, a regular on Fox Sports Net's Best Damn Sports Show Period and NBC's Arena Football, it's a comeback for his public image. The former Dallas Cowboy faced a felony drug charge that was dismissed in 2001 after prosecutors said a police officer conducted a search without a warrant.

Originally posted by Awgustlab

Greeeeat. Now we get to hear talk every Sunday about what kind of idiotic suit Michal Irvin is wearing that day. Makes for great television.

i was thinking the same thing... does he get to choose his own wardrobe?

Originally posted by Awgustlab

Greeeeat. Now we get to hear talk every Sunday about what kind of idiotic suit Michal Irvin is wearing that day. Makes for great television.

They had to, to keep up with what suit Deion is wearing on the other channel. :puke:

I think that most of us can agree that Irvin is a jackass, that's a given. But the thing that I can't believe is that ESPN would replace a guy with the insight and strong analyst abilities, (Sterling), with a guy that has difficulty stringing together two related thoughts....first they don't re-new Rich Eisen's deal, and now they do this...I hate ESPN. :box:

Archived