Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Addams Family or The Munsters, Democrat or Republican

HailSkins81

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have a theory, which has been somewhat tested with those I know, that more liberal people prefer The Addams Family, and the more conservative people prefer The Munsters. I think also that liberals prefer Jeannie to Bewitched, but to keep things simple, I am keeping it with Addams and Munsters.

Which do you prefer, and what are your political leanings?

I am a centrist Democrat, and prefer The Addams Family.

This would be a good idea for a Political Science thesis paper.

I've always preferred the Addams Family... just a higher quality show acting and storywise, but do have a softspot for the cheesey Munsters. Interesting theory, I wonder how it will pan out.

So far, the sample has only been Democrats/ Liberals. Need some variety in here to get a true idea. When I grew up, I wished I was an Addams. That's probably why people think I'm strange now. :)

Just curious, do you have a basis for this theory or is that just what people that you talked to in the past?

For me, I loved The Munsters and I vote Dem. When I was a kid, especially every weekday in the summer, I'd watch Leave It To Beaver, The Munsters, Hogan's Heros, and Gomer Pyle from noon to 2:00. That was lunchtime and inside rest time. I'd be outside before and after that during the day.

Just curious, do you have a basis for this theory or is that just what people that you talked to in the past?

It's just been my experience in speaking with people that the more liberal leaning prefer Addams, while conservatives prefer The Munsters.

This poll makes it a little more scientific than just asking people, and I suppose will either back up the theory, or not. It could end up that an equal number of Dems or Republicans like either show, then the theory is shot...LOL.

Conservative Republican here, and I'm a fan of the Addams family. Now I'm younger, so I never grew up with the Munsters the way I did with the Addams family (in their many incarnations), which might skew your results in an unexpected way. But there you have my vote.

same with me- I'm a fan of the Addams Family, but I grew up on the movies, not the tv show. And I've never seen the Munsters. I am conservative.

This poll makes it a little more scientific than just asking people, and I suppose will either back up the theory, or not. It could end up that an equal number of Dems or Republicans like either show, then the theory is shot...LOL.

Gotcha, well good luck to ya. Like I had wrote earlier, time had a lot to do with watching The Munsters. When I did watch Addams Family, I do remember saying that I liked The Munsters better. I hope I don't throw off your theory too much.

same with me- I'm a fan of the Addams Family, but I grew up on the movies, not the tv show. And I've never seen the Munsters. I am conservative.

Yeah, I remember all the movies, but have only seen a couple of the old episodes, weren't the originals in black and white? Anyway, I think I saw 1 episode of the Munsters back in high school and was in no hurry to make it a habit.

Yeah, I remember all the movies, but have only seen a couple of the old episodes, weren't the originals in black and white? Anyway, I think I saw 1 episode of the Munsters back in high school and was in no hurry to make it a habit.

They both ran in the 60;s so yes Black/White.

I liked the tv versions of Addams family,The Munsters, Bewitched and I dream of Jeanie.

I dont get how people can base political leanings of viewership on these "family" shows.

Are they thinking that because people knew one of the Darrins on Bewitched was in the closet that conservatives didn't watch it as much or that liberals liked the Munsters because they can relate to to Herman and other thinking that the beautiful and smart girl is an oddity as they think of a former Alaskan Gov?

Barbara Eden was the babe back then and has aged gracefully

The Munsters was awesome. The car they drove, was built by George Barrit. One of the OG hot rodders.

It was a 32' ford, that had a second frame welded to the other and it had a blown bad ass 351 W in it. That car was truly a fast freaking car.

When they went to Europe and raced the coffin, they had to lie to a funeral home to get the actual coffin, because nobody would sell it to them. Then they pulled the motor out of the DD and dropped it into the coffin. Do you have any idea how fast that coffin would actually go? Awesome.

Adams family was too goofy. They were the Monkeys to the Beatles.

Archived