Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumors about new World of Warcraft expansion

War Paint

Suppose someone offers you free tickets to a Redskins game however there is a very important event on war craft that could possibly mean the death of your war craft dude, which do you choose?

LOL. Bad example. Why would I kill off my warcraft dude to see the Skins suck in person?

Well then give it a shot. The trial is free for like 2 weeks

Is it addictive, yes. However, while many people are "addicted" to the game, there are also people who play casually. I'm on and off, I'd resubscribe but what would be the point? I don't run raids. The game is a bit boring after 80, I guess I'd just go around the Argent Tournament raising G all day.

Elliot in the Morning talks about WoW every now and again. At this point in my life it's hard to imagine spending 4 to 8 hours a day playing a video game.

stay away from it. MMORPG's are life consuming games. If you need something to kill a lot of time they are great... and you will actually meet a lot of people. If you have a full life at the moment, they are destructive.

stick with xbox.

I am curious, how many hours a day do each of you spend playing the World of Warcraft?

For me usually 30 minutes to an hour and a half each day.

Days like today were I have nothing to do but laundry and clean my place...closer to 3-4 hours over the course of the day.

And.... It's these same kind of guys that helped make the wonderful technology that allows you to share your opinion with thousands of other 'Skins fans from the comfort of your own home. :evilg:

Hey man, I've been an IT geek fulltime for 15 years and most of my family is too - but I don't play WoW. I build gaming machines for my 16-20 year old nephews so they can play it. I have played WoW when setting up their machines and tweaking the settings, and YES, it is cool. I would never spend hours playing it though. I used to be addicted to Full Tilt Poker, but kicked that habit, so I understand being addicted to online gaming - whether it be Poker or WoW.

Those pictures were jokes, and not meant to offend anyone. :hysterical:

I play about 3 hours a day for about 3 days a week. I am what you would call a 'casual gamer.' :)

It's a diversion, like watching football. And it's social. I'm in a guild with a bunch of real old friends, some of whom live in other parts of the country now. Instead of bowling night or playing golf on the weekends, we play WoW.

I don't think of it as a waste of time any more than anything you do to decompress is a waste of time. But then again I don't treat it like a full-time job either.

WoW's **** child, Galakrond... It was a new server when WOLK came out, then around Christmas they designated it a "recommended" server, and right before 3.2 came out we went back to "recommended" so we're used to having hardcore players for a good 3 months then never seeing them again...

Is that a pvp server? I hate the thought of PvP servers, I can't figure out how anyone would lvl with the thought of walking out of your area to get slaughtered by some dude looking for rep.

Sholazar Basin.... Download Gatherer, turn the heads up display on, turn off all nodes shown except titanium veins and fly around... I'd start off at the FP at the lake, go south east towards that pillar, fly around the outside counter clockwise until you get to the dragon area, then head southwest to the mistwalkers (or oracles I forget) lake (where the hydras are) then back to the outside and follow that around...

The basin is good no doubt, but only when it isn't being mined like crazy, which on my server it usually is, I typically went to Icecrown and I looped the Eastern two sections with the occasional flight up to Jotenheim, this was painfully slow while I was on my slow flapper but then I got my fast flapper (5k gold! omgness!) and it cut my time considerably. I found more titanium in Icecrown than I ever found in the Basin, plus it never seemed as crowded.

Is that a pvp server? I hate the thought of PvP servers, I can't figure out how anyone would lvl with the thought of walking out of your area to get slaughtered by some dude looking for rep.

In four years of playing WoW I've never ganked another player, but I would never play on a PvE server. What's the point of playing an online game if the computer is the only thing that can kill you? Other human beings are the ultimate opponents and the ultimate threat. Makes the game much more interesting, IMO.

In four years of playing WoW I've never ganked another player, but I would never play on a PvE server. What's the point of playing an online game if the computer is the only thing that can kill you? Other human beings are the ultimate opponents and the ultimate threat. Makes the game much more interesting, IMO.

My problems with pvp servers are:

1) getting ganked

2) my pc is not a gaming pc as such I'm at a disadvantage straight away

3) I like a more relaxed game, we've got the pvp areas in the pve and I've tried them a time or two and they were exciting, but I just didn't care for them as much as I do questing and running instances, and gearing.

PvP servers gives more of a danger feel to the game, which I like. However, some classes are more fun than others to play on a PvP server.

You don't have to have a gaming pc to have an advantage, just good latency and a solid class. Sometimes having a low power pc helps out. For example, somebody with their graphics turned all the way up may think they are hidden behind a bush and grass. The person with low settings sees the person trying to hide because they have their grass and bushes turned down in their graphic settings, thus they don't see the bush the person is trying to hide behind.

PvP servers gives more of a danger feel to the game, which I like. However, some classes are more fun than others to play on a PvP server.

I think class is probably my biggest problem, in that my main is a warrior which is all but useless in pvp, and that simply gets annoying. When I return to WoW with the new x-pac I may try my hand on a pvp server with a hunter or something tuned to dps.

I think class is probably my biggest problem, in that my main is a warrior which is all but useless in pvp, and that simply gets annoying. When I return to WoW with the new x-pac I may try my hand on a pvp server with a hunter or something tuned to dps.

I recommend a rogue. They are real good dps and have a lot of PvP tools. You can pick and choose your battles. Also, if you come across a toon of the other faction when questing, you can stay in stealth and avoid a confrontation if the enemy toon looks more powerful than you.

I play mostly horde, but I did level a Night Elf feral druid on a horde dominated PvP server once. Being able to stealth saved me from a lot of grief.

If you want to PvP the class of choice is: Paladin. They have the strongest defenses in the game and they still hit hard as hell. They aren't impossible to beat but they do handle the most common PvP classes fairly well.

Just don't go holy.. Ret paladins are murder in pvp and thier dps is great.

Worst PvP class IMO is the Shaman. The second the level cap went over 60 the Shaman's time in the sun was over.

All classes have advantages against some and disadvantages against others.

I play a paladin. I do well against rogues, warriors, DKs, other paladins :) and I hold my own against hunters, druids and shammies, but priests, mages and warlocks are really tough for me.

In any fight Paladins are good for my play style because we don't need to take hit first to survive a fight, and I don't ever hit first.

I haven't played a Warrior past level 27 so I couldn't tell you who they fight well against, but I know Mortal Strike is an extremely effective PvP ability. It's brutal on most healing classes.

Yeah, but everyone plays a ret pally. I'm dual specced holy/ret and I stay holy most of the time. I find as a holy paladin I'm far more useful in BGs because plate healers are so rare these days. And it's MUCH easier to get into a pug as a healer.

And I can still hold my own in a fight.

If you want to PvP the class of choice is: Paladin. They have the strongest defenses in the game and they still hit hard as hell. They aren't impossible to beat but they do handle the most common PvP classes fairly well.

Worst PvP class IMO is the Shaman. The second the level cap went over 60 the Shaman's time in the sun was over.

I have an 80 ret paladin too. Yeah, they are real good, but they get hit constantly with nerfs. My ret is nowhere near as beastly as he was when WOTLK came out.

Hey man, I've been an IT geek fulltime for 15 years and most of my family is too - but I don't play WoW. I build gaming machines for my 16-20 year old nephews so they can play it. I have played WoW when setting up their machines and tweaking the settings, and YES, it is cool. I would never spend hours playing it though. I used to be addicted to Full Tilt Poker, but kicked that habit, so I understand being addicted to online gaming - whether it be Poker or WoW.

Those pictures were jokes, and not meant to offend anyone. :hysterical:

I'm not offended. :) Just upset that picture of me in my underwear leaked on the internet. :)

:cheers:

What is everyone's guess when WOW is no longer :) I say people are going to figure out shelling $15 a month (or whatever it costs) for the same old thing just new colors and levels is going to get them to turn to other things.

My guess unless they competley change the experience 5 years it will be like myspace ;)

Archived