Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Birdlives said:

I think the entire NFL ownership and the refs hate Dan Snyder and will do anything they can to see him fail. He’s abrasive, arrogant, divisive, and unpopular. We will never win with him as owner unless we flip everything and absolutely destroy the league.

I've been saying this for a minute now..

7 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I think the entire NFL ownership and the refs hate Dan Snyder and will do anything they can to see him fail. He’s abrasive, arrogant, divisive, and unpopular. We will never win with him as owner unless we flip everything and absolutely destroy the league.

Well, the NFL can force him to sell, like they did with the Panthers then.

serious question....when was the last year the Redskins had a FULL good season? like, not a bad 1st half of season to good 2nd half of season to make the playoffs, or a good 1st half of season to bad 2nd half of season to miss out on the playoffs? I certainly haven't seen one in my time as a skins fan. 05-needed a 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 07-needed a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2008-the 6-2 start to 2-6 finish. 2012-needed a 7 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2015-needed a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2016-the 4-2 start, and then we were what, 6-4-1 after destroying the packers on SNF, then collapsed most of the rest of that season? 

point is, JUST ONCE I'd like a season where we don't need a miraculous finish to make the playoffs, and I don't want a strong 1st half of the season to be followed up by an awful 2nd half of the season. its not really that much to ask for....is it???

• Like 1

Something just happened in the saints vs Steelers game that in all my years watching football I've never seen happen and I was so disappointed they didn't even talk about it they just moved on and I really would love to know what the rule is.

The saints receiver caught the ball going out of bounds and clearly got his first foot in bounds and dragged his second foot in bounds but in the process of dragging his second foot his first foot slid out of bounds.

Is it still a reception if your first foot comes down in bounds but when your second foot is in the process of coming down in bounds your first foot has now slid out of bounds?

I believe it should be an incomplete pass but not positive what the rule is.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

serious question....when was the last year the Redskins had a FULL good season? like, not a bad 1st half of season to good 2nd half of season to make the playoffs, or a good 1st half of season to bad 2nd half of season to miss out on the playoffs? I certainly haven't seen one in my time as a skins fan. 05-needed a 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 07-needed a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2008-the 6-2 start to 2-6 finish. 2012-needed a 7 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2015-needed a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs. 2016-the 4-2 start, and then we were what, 6-4-1 after destroying the packers on SNF, then collapsed most of the rest of that season? 

point is, JUST ONCE I'd like a season where we don't need a miraculous finish to make the playoffs, and I don't want a strong 1st half of the season to be followed up by an awful 2nd half of the season. its not really that much to ask for....is it???

This is an excellent topic..... I completely agree...As long as it didn't turn into a Patriots type thing I would love for us to be relevant again..... Personally I don't think we've had a good season since 91.

15 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, the NFL can force him to sell, like they did with the Panthers then.

Thaaaan we need start digging up some dirt on snyder

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Something just happened in the saints vs Steelers game that in all my years watching football I've never seen happen and I was so disappointed they didn't even talk about it they just moved on and I really would love to know what the rule is.

The saints receiver caught the ball going out of bounds and clearly got his first foot in bounds and dragged his second foot in bounds but in the process of dragging his second foot his first foot slid out of bounds.

Is it still a reception if your first foot comes down in bounds but when your second foot is in the process of coming down in bounds your first foot has now slid out of bounds?

I believe it should be an incomplete pass but not positive what the rule is.

that would still be two feet down...so a catch

1 minute ago, Stefanskins said:

that would still be two feet down...so a catch

But before his second foot came down his first had already slid out of bounds. 

Honestly I think it would actually be incomplete but I dont know that and would love to have found out by a rules expert.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

But before his second foot came down his first had already slid out of bounds. 

Honestly I think it would actually be incomplete but I dont know that and would love to have found out by a rules expert.

oh...then that would be incomplete..."control and two feet down" before you go out of bounds...so if he got one down then that foot went out of bounds before he could get the second to just touch that would be an incompletion...but who the hell really knows now-a-days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

This is an excellent topic..... I completely agree...As long as it didn't turn into a Patriots type thing I would love for us to be relevant again..... Personally I don't think we've had a good season since 91.

Wait....what do you mean by “as long as it didn’t turn into a patriots type thing”? Are you talking about like, the Super Bowls, and playoffs each year? 

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The 1999 season saw the Skins go 5-3 in each half of the season, win the division, reach the playoffs for the first time in 7 years, and win a playoff game. 

Thats why expectations were were so high going into the 2000 season when the future HOFers were added to a good team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinzdar55 said:

The 1999 season saw the Skins go 5-3 in each half of the season, win the division, reach the playoffs for the first time in 7 years, and win a playoff game. 

Thats why expectations were were so high going into the 2000 season when the future HOFers were added to a good team. 

Sadly, if there was one season Snyder absolutely blew up himself in obvious fashion, 2000 was the one.  He signed Coach Killer Jeff George, Reid’s to force Norv to play him, fired Norv, inserted Robisky, just an absolute catastrophic mess and mostly created by the owner.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah...having the redskins in the playoffs each season and always in contention for the super bowl would get old fast.....said LITERALLY no TRUE FAN ever 😂😂😂😂

I'm a true fan..I really am..I thought I've proven that here...and to me yes it would get old fast..it would actually really suck.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm a true fan..I really am..I thought I've proven that here...and to me yes it would get old fast..it would actually really suck.

Please explain to me how being in the playoffs each season and always being in contention for a super bowl would get old fast, or “would actually really suck”🤔🤔🤔 what part of redskins in the playoffs each season would suck???  What part of that would get old fast😂😂😂 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Please explain to me how being in the playoffs each season and always being in contention for a super bowl would get old fast, or “would actually really suck”🤔🤔🤔 what part of redskins in the playoffs each season would suck???  What part of that would get old fast😂😂😂 

Knowing each game is a gimmie.... knowing each year a division win Is guaranteed would suck..like I said if it was the Patriots way... I would be okay with the way it was in the 80s.. don't get me wrong I really enjoyed 91..knowing for a fact whoever played us didn't have a chance and knowing for a fact we were going to score 30-plus points..but year in year out it would get old..to me...this is just my opinion don't judge me

• Confused 1