Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Finally, a place to blow off some steam about the team.

I will shoot the tv during the next game if the 2nd string oline doesn't give the QBs anytime to properly evaluate their game play. I'm so sick of watching the oline get pushed around

I liked the play of Robert Hansen(sp), he had good coverage and almost had an easy INT but dropped the ball. HE looked the best out of the back up backers.

I have to disagree. The only reason it appeared to be good coverage is that the ball was tipped and he was in the right spot. He missed a huge opportunity there. Also he didn't do a very good job of wrapping up on his tackles.

He's a rookie so obviously room to grow, but I certainly felt he could have played better.

Its like twitter, but even more random.

I don't mind critical thinking, but I loath crybabies.(that was random)

Don't ever EVER compare ES to twitter. lol.gif

Well, as for thursday's game, the starting OL had good pass protection, and for, that's all the counts as far as the other performances go.

Edited by skinfan13

I have to disagree. The only reason it appeared to be good coverage is that the ball was tipped and he was in the right spot. He missed a huge opportunity there. Also he didn't do a very good job of wrapping up on his tackles.

He's a rookie so obviously room to grow, but I certainly felt he could have played better.

NOt just good coverage on that play, but there two other completions on him where he actually was close and made quick tackles. I give him the benefit of being a rookie, but he was close to making several plays in his first real action. That's all, no parade, no man love, just someone to watch for.

Tragically, hopes of rebuilding the database were severely crushed when it was learned the original data files were apparently accidentally over-written and lost forever. However, quite interestingly, a site called www.redskinsdb.com surfaced in 2006, providing very similar data searches. What is interesting is the screens are almost exactly like the old extremeskins.com database screens, and the searches and results are, again, almost exactly the same. Since these screens were designed from scratch by Blade, it is obvious that whoever runs this site stole the script for the search routines and data from extremeskins.com prior to the merger. The original owners of extremeskins considered a law suit, but decided legal action was not worthwhile.

Ironically, in the end, the theft is a good thing. That's because the database, the owner of which is almost certainly an ExtremeSkins member and may have even read this post, now lives on.

www.redskinsdb.com

www.redskinsdb.com/players.asp

Edited by Mark The Homer

I have officially backed away from the cliff and realized that the game wasn't that BAD. I mean zero points is what it is, but the game still showed us what we needed to improve upon. The one positive I didn't hit on was NO major injuries, which is always something to cheer. Our starters will get more playing time in the coming weeks. I think Zorn has realized that you can't be scared to play your starters. Injuries will occur whether they're in games or practices. And as far as evaluating talent, I think if you draft and/or sign a guy, and he doesn't work out in practice, cut him. All in all, I still think we're going to have a good season. Just call it a hunch. :D

I can't believe im saying this. But the Redskins probably need to consider updating their uniforms. Especially the pants. Pretty bland. I know that goes against tradition and all. But other teams, like the Giants, have done it. Per the Just For Men commercial: "Its time".

I'm with you. It's truly time for a change of pace in uniforms. Maybe try some throwbacks or something.

I rewatched the game today..... The first teamers didnt look too bad...

The offense moved the ball a little with a passing game that was missing Moss, Thomas, portis... No one fears Betts(Bettis)...Jasons throw to Hagans would have gave us a 1st down if not a little high, but he was throwing in traffic... Still had more time in the packet than we are used to seeing!

Defense: Take out the fact that Tryon was beat like a drum and that 1 play where Rice burnt Fletcher, they looked pretty solid, and that was without Haynesworth and Rogers...

Finally, Its preseason! Manning got put on his back, the lions won, Cutler threw interceptions... Orton looked Horrible.... Dallas got spanked by the Raiders!

I feel better......

It doesnt help that our first 3 preseason games are against really good teams and the 4th isn't no slouch neither.......

We will be ready for the Giants in week one, question is, will they be ready for us....

Edited by HailSkins83

We will be ready for the Giants in week one, question is, will they be ready for us....

I really believe we can come out and shock them (I did say that last year :D). I just want to see our first team offense get much more time together in these next 3 games. Every other game I'm watching and the teams are doing just that.

On a side note, I can't wait for the Dolphins game Monday night so I can show off my Orakpo jersey in my kickass seats and get it all over TV down here :laugh:

I really believe we can come out and shock them (I did say that last year :D). I just want to see our first team offense get much more time together in these next 3 games. Every other game I'm watching and the teams are doing just that.

On a side note, I can't wait for the Dolphins game Monday night so I can show off my Orakpo jersey in my kickass seats and get it all over TV down here :laugh:

We were completely overwhelmed in every aspect last year the first time we played the Giants.

Actually, we were overwhelmed both times! Why didn't we learn the lessons from week one last year?

Does anybody know how negotiations for the new CBA are going? I know the Redskins have 2-3 guys next year up for new contracts (Campbell, Rogers, and Rocky are for sure, I think there's another guy I'm forgetting), and they're probably hesitant to get deals done until they know what the cap will be in the forseeable future (if there is one, and I fully believe there will be one).