Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

20 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Why were so many Anti-Lavar?  Is it because he was a free lancer, uncoachable, toxic?

Media.

Narrative was that Lavar was being benched rather then his knee was permanently damaged and career basically over.

• Like 1

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder urged Maryland legislative leaders on Tuesday to allow gambling at a future Redskins stadium in the state, according to three lawmakers who attended the meetings.

Sen. Guy J. Guzzone (D-Howard), the chairman of the Senate Budget and Taxation Committee, said Snyder met with him, Senate President Bill Ferguson (D-Baltimore City) and three other Senate leaders and pushed for a potential stadium he would build to get a license if Maryland legalizes betting on professional sports teams and contests.

“They are interested in the sports betting stuff,” Guzzone said. “It’s a long lineup of people who are interested.”

In one meeting, people who attended said, Snyder conditioned keeping the team in Maryland on the ability to offer sports betting at a new stadium. Two people said they understood Snyder to be suggesting he would rebuild at the FedEx location.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/daniel-snyder-wants-legalized-gambling-at-a-future-redskins-stadium-in-maryland/2020/01/21/7104b0ee-3ca9-11ea-8872-5df698785a4e_story.html

I grew up with RFK stadium. Obviously DC is the best option. But the team built Fedex Field in Maryland. For 22 yrs people of DC and Virginia have had to travel to MD in order to go to games. maybe it's time to move the stadium to Va. I've heard the majority of season ticket owners are from Virginia. maybe it's time DC and Maryland drive to Va for a change. Maybe 22 years of them traveling to Va. 

I get it... DS wants gambling at the stadium. I guess because there is yet more revenue in that option. Build a huge retractable roof stadium and in the off season hold soccer games. Hold concerts. etc. etc. 

14 hours ago, VRIEL1 said:

I get it... DS wants gambling at the stadium. I guess because there is yet more revenue in that option. Build a huge retractable roof stadium and in the off season hold soccer games. Hold concerts. etc. etc. 

Do both.  No reason not to.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Jonathan Allen is eligible for an extension now that his third year is up. If we were smart we'd lock him up now before he blows up next year playing next to Chase Young. He's been good but not a game changer so he'll come a lot cheaper. Next year after he has a likely Pro Bowl caliber season he'll be a lot more expensive.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Jonathan Allen is eligible for an extension now that his third year is up. If we were smart we'd lock him up now before he blows up next year playing next to Chase Young. He's been good but not a game changer so he'll come a lot cheaper. Next year after he has a likely Pro Bowl caliber season he'll be a lot more expensive.

I agree, this is definitely the time for a 5-year deal though and not a 3-year deal. Keep him locked up longer on a team-friendly contract.

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Soooooo Shanahan thought he had a chance to land kirk?

That was the plan until they were able to trade for Jimmy G who he liked a lot. The other thing is that Kyle didn't really say he'd have taken Mahomes at #2 otherwise...he moreso said because he had a plan A at QB (and then happened upon an even more desirable plan A later) he didn't put much consideration into drafting a rookie QB that year. And Lynch must have agreed. 

• Thanks 2

Its very easy to think of Antonio Brown's situation and say all the things we hear in the current media climate about who he is. The media is always in the now when it comes to judging a person's wrongdoing. Today Roger Goodell talked about being worried about AB's health. In that moment I recalled the hit he received against the Bengals.

I also thought about how many times a player takes a hit to the head and it goes unnoticed (and the player chalks it up as being a part of the game). I know even for myself playing up through college ball that I've had my share of stingers and zingers. I'm not sure when or how many hits to the head causes CT brain trauma. But if you look at a fighter, sometimes a simple jab can knock a guy out. The media and a lot of us would call that guy Glass Joe or some ****. My bottom line point is if AB gets the help he needs (and I hope he does) and is able to come back in the league, coming the Skins might be amazing. He a great football player that seems to be suffering from something mental. And it might be football related. Which is why Goodell is even speaking on it IMO. But what a transformation.

Edited by joeken24
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1