Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I'm not sure Kirk winning one playoff game qualifies him as a "big game" QB.  What's his overall record in elimination games?  His overall record against teams with winning records?  It's horrible.  Go beat San Francisco then come talk to me.  For the record I'm not even a Kirk basher, I think he's a perfectly capable QB, but he isn't elite and certainly wasn't worth that much money.

He won in Philly for the NFC east in 2015, that’s all I can think of lol

6 hours ago, max21 said:

He won in Philly for the NFC east in 2015, that’s all I can think of lol

That wasn’t an elimination game though. We wouldn’t have been eliminated if we lost that game. Elimination games would be.... 

2015-2016 WC game against the packers: L 0-1

2016 season, week 17 vs giants: L 0-2

2018 season (as a Viking) week 17 vs bears: L 0-3

last weekend @ saints: W 1-3.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That wasn’t an elimination game though. We wouldn’t have been eliminated if we lost that game. Elimination games would be.... 

2015-2016 WC game against the packers: L 0-1

2016 season, week 17 vs giants: L 0-2

2018 season (as a Viking) week 17 vs bears: L 0-3

last weekend @ saints: W 1-3.

You sure? I seem to remember we lose that game then Philly takes the NFC east and no playoff spot for us. I could be wrong 

52 minutes ago, max21 said:

You sure? I seem to remember we lose that game then Philly takes the NFC east and no playoff spot for us. I could be wrong 

Upon checking, if Philly had won that game, they would’ve been 7-8, and we would’ve been 7-8 as well. Philly would’ve then been 3-2 in the division and we would’ve been 2-3 in the division, but there would’ve been still 1 week left to play, and a redskins W against Dallas and an eagles L to the giants would’ve still won us the division. Week 17 would’ve ended up being an elimination game if we had lost. 

In other words, no it wouldn’t have eliminated us, but we would’ve needed a W (which did end up happening) and a Philly L (they beat the giants 35-30) to win the division. Kinda like how the eagles and cowboys week 17 scenarios were for this season. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Kuechly is only entering his age-29 season, so this is a completely unexpected retirement. Arguably the best linebacker for multiple seasons in the 2010s, Kuechly finishes his eight-year career with at least 100 combined tackles in every single season. His unique blend of speed, aggressiveness, and smarts led Kuechly to seven Pro Bowls, five All Pros, and one Super Bowl appearance. Kuechly is one of the most accomplished players in Carolina Panthers history and will be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame despite a shorter than normal career. His leadership and reliability will be missed in 2020 and beyond.

Great player, concussion issues maybe? Gotta admit my first thought was un retire and join the Skins? Maybe he wants to play only for Rivera...

As much as the media here talks down on the Redskins, the press here are some of the most unprofessional, lazy group of folks I ever seen. They really do help spin the bull**** surrounding the Redskins but can't even hold a reasonably professional phone presser. Everybody knows that if you are on a conference call, you put your ****ing phone on mute if you're not speaking. Yet you hear typing, chirps, alerts and that ****ing song. What does the media do with that **** up? They report it as if its the Redskins deal. ****ing dumb asses.

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 1

It's going to be great once free agency rolls around. I dont think every single player would want to come here in free agency but ya can bet your ass the place looks alot more appealing to other players now. And the greatest thing about it is, is these players that will be free agents will want to come here to WIN and not just for a pay out. I'd suspect alot of Panthers players wanna come over..and its gonna be like take your choice.