Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

LOL some people are complete idiots. So, this girl I’m acquaintances with on FB, she is a huge ravens fan, and posted an nfl fb meme video of Lamar Jackson shaking hands with kids in rams jerseys, and the joke was “Lamar Jackson shaking hands with the rams defense after the game” (implying that the kids were the rams defense).

she included in the fb post saying “I LOVE LAMAR JACKSON”. I gave the fb post a laugh reaction thing, and the moron comments saying “why are you being salty, when your redskins suck and the ravens are better”. Uh.......??? Way to COMPLETELY misunderstand the point of the video 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 idiot. 

• Haha 2

The Ravens offensive seem to be doing what the 1991 Redskins were able to accomplish.  They have a top offense and a top 10 defense and that doesn't happen often.  As a matter of fact, this is the Ravens last 24 drives.  Absolutely incredible.  They have a phenom at QB and almost everyone had a chance to take him.   Some teams had two chances.  Hell the Ravens didn't take him with their first pick.

touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, touchdown, missed field goal, downs, touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, field goal, field goal, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown.

Anyway, this type of production reminds me of the skins offensive production back in 1991.  Maybe one day we can get that back.  Well I can dream, can't I.  

• Like 1

if KOC can't even call plays after this team has scored what 2 late TDs against the jets, he is nothing to consider next year.  if he was any good, he'd be calling plays. I'm all for the next coaching staff/GM replacing haskins and bringing in their own guy even if haskins might turn into something. 

1 hour ago, SkinsFanMania said:

The Ravens offensive seem to be doing what the 1991 Redskins were able to accomplish.  They have a top offense and a top 10 defense and that doesn't happen often.  As a matter of fact, this is the Ravens last 24 drives.  Absolutely incredible.  They have a phenom at QB and almost everyone had a chance to take him.   Some teams had two chances.  Hell the Ravens didn't take him with their first pick.

touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, touchdown, missed field goal, downs, touchdown, touchdown, kneel down, touchdown, field goal, field goal, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown.

Anyway, this type of production reminds me of the skins offensive production back in 1991.  Maybe one day we can get that back.  Well I can dream, can't I.  

I think I read earlier today that the Ravens have only punted twice in the past three games, and both of those punts occurred after Lamar was pulled because the game was well in hand.  So, their first team offense has not punted in three games now (If what I read was accurate).

I also found out this week that Joe Theismann led the Redskins in punt returns and punt return yards in 1974.  That blows my mind.

Edited by Nerm

5 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Something lost in this entire fiasco: how's the marching band holding up? Last I heard they were barely getting any chances to play on game day.

They play HTTR during field goals now, not jus touchdowns : /

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I think I read earlier today that the Ravens have only punted twice in the past three games, and both of those punts occurred after Lamar was pulled because the game was well in hand.  So, their first team offense has not punted in three games now (If what I read was accurate).

I also found out this week that Joe Theismann led the Redskins in punt returns and punt return yards in 1974.  That blows my mind.

that is accurate.  I read that as well

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure they’ve always done that. 

Sort of, short version for fg Long versions for td.  Was wondering that myself when talking to someone in the band in the metro, said they changed to ling for FG because of lack of TDs.  I need to look for that, this was after the jets game, I forgot about it during the lions game.  Anyone can correct me in that, jus saw article the were playing the CD during tds in 2012

https://www.hogshaven.com/2012/12/27/3754156/call-to-action-stop-sitting-the-redskins-band-on-touchdowns

• Haha 1

Yeah i remember the short version was for FGs, but that’s hilarious they had to change to the TD version 😂 

actually, come to think of it...we only had 1 home game (home vs the 49ers) after our no TD streak started, up until the game against the jets, so really the marching band only went 7 quarters without playing the song for a TD (4 quarters in the game against the 49ers, and then 3 quarters against the jets). 

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

Watching the Cowpokes get their asses kicked by the Bills' just made my Thanksgiving meal even more special,  26-15. My gosh what an abysmal division the NFC East. The question now is who is going to win it.....LOL!

The two potential wildcard teams have much better records than the division leading cowboys (Seattle 9-2, Minnesota 8-3, dallas 6-6). :806: :dallas_sucks:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

By the end of the year, the band will play HTTR after every first down.

I think Panthers are still like that where some growl comes out everytime they do something cool.  I'm going to look for that tomorrow, my dad went to one of their games back in the day and couldnt stop laughing about it.

"Second down!!"

**raraow 

"Theres a squirrel on the field!"

*double raraow

On 11/29/2019 at 7:49 AM, skinsmarydu said:

The Patriots just signed Kai Forbath. UGH.

Jesus, hes going to go through their re-education program and become the actual Kobra Kai.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I think Panthers are still like that where some growl comes out everytime they do something cool.  I'm going to look for that tomorrow, my dad went to one of their games back in the day and couldnt stop laughing about it.

I think the Vikings do the horn much the same way, it seems way overdone.  When I went to the bucs game last year, the PA guy does a call and response where he says "that's enough for a Tampa" and the crowd responds with "first down".  Seems a bit much, but when you combine for 1 super bowl win between the 3 of them, what do you expect.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

"Second down!!"

**raraow 

"Theres a squirrel on the field!"

*double raraow

I'm watching the Clemson vs South Carolina game, and South Carolina has this God awful shriek they play randomly.  It's probably the worst one I've heard yet.  I don't see how even the game****s fans don't get sick of hearing that.