Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

News hound Wildbunny accidentally posted his normal articles in The Stadium is all

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

14 not 15...

I feel ashamed.

Stayin true to the "hound" part of News-hound

and stayin true to the "Wild" in Wild Bunny, hehheh.

Should we start bumping the threads below it, til they go off the first page ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Goodness...we are going to use analytics, measurable data, and mathematical analysis to aid in shaping our team going forward? Shocking, and l o n g overdue.  Smart guys/teams win.  Nice. Hail

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/13/redskins-hire-football-strategy-analyst-indicating-shift-toward-analytics/

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Goodness...we are going to use analytics, measurable data, and mathematical analysis to aid in shaping our team going forward? Shocking, and l o n g overdue.  Smart guys/teams win.  Nice. Hail

https://riggosrag.com/2019/06/13/redskins-hire-football-strategy-analyst-indicating-shift-toward-analytics/

It's a good start. But it really only matters if the person with final say thinks it does. Football people have a longstanding tradition of thinking of themselves as progressive and open-minded only to retreat into their decision-making shells once they learn something factual, yet counter-intuitive to their understanding of the game. Let's hope we've got some open-minded people making decisions and utilizing whatever data these additions provide. 

• Like 1

This post is a little dated, however I was at Father's Day dinner at a Japanese steak house in Sterling, and had the pleasure of sharing a table with Pat Fischer, #37 of the old time Redskins.  He's 79 now, and I'll be honest, I didn't recognize him.  He was there with his daughter and her family.  We were chatting because the food process was taking forever, and she told me who her dad was, but said I probably wouldn't recognize his name.  Even through he pre-dated me, I certainly knew who he was, and we had a good conversation.  

Anyway, thought it was cool.  I told him my son was named for Sean Taylor, and he got a kick out of that.  :)  

On 6/6/2019 at 7:40 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I think my favorite is Phillip River's pullout game. 

I think Brady would scoff at the mobility slight.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i had a dream last night that our first play from scrimmage in the week one game was a run up the gut, guice broke through for like a 25 yard gain.... but then he got bottled up and started running backward and the refs didn’t call foward progress and we ended up with just a few yard gain... wtf dream guice!?

Also, if i could get my quarter back to have any of brady’s attributes i’d roll the dice.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This is now the final month of 2019 without football!! We’re so close guys.

Remember when it was March and I made a few posts about its gonna be 4th of July in just a couple days welp now look what ya gone n done hurried up summer so fast that its officially over starting this Friday summer is OOOOOVVVVVEERRRRR meaning training camp is so close ya can taste it...ya can taste in the air!!! I could Sunday doing lawn service...on the riding lawn mower....air blowing in my face, freshly cut grass smell...ahhhhhh yaaaa were ****ing close!! And I can't wait...whooooo  hooooo HAIL YA!...hey what's up man its bakedtater1 here lol

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, gingerluv1 said:

I am     not a tech guru...so when my phone got ran over I have to start over....

No you didn't. 

ALL you had to do was log back in. 

You can't be this clueless. And if you are, maybe the innerwebz just ain't for you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol some fool on Twitter is trying to tell me that Alex Smith was pedestrian in week 3 against the packers. He was 12/20 (8 missed passes) with 2 TDs and 1 interception. That’s not bad at all. That’s actually very impressive. 

True, but it's pedestrian because Alex Smith is pedestrian. I mean, just look at his names: Alex. Smith. There are so many Alex's and so many Smiths, you can't ask for anything more boring than that.

I'm convinced that having an interesting name is 50% of what's required to be a famous franchise quarterback. I mean, think about it. Sure, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson aren't so out of this world, but the rest..... Jurgensen, Theisman, Staubach, Favre, Fran Tarkenton, Roflsberger, etc. For every possible misspelling of a QB's name, their chances of success and popularity go up by at least 15%.