Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Okay. So your "friend" have any original thoughts on Brennan or is this it? Because if that's it,this isn't anything new. Matter of fact,these points were made a few hundred times by this time last season.

colt supporters can say what they want about this thread, but the reality is they are distraught that they thought he was going to be competing for a #2 position this year (and praying to replace JC as the starter) and now he's on the bubble of not making it as

the #3 qb.

and i will also agree that the OP didn't REALLY add anything to the discussion that hasn't already been discussed to death.

i don't think there is anything else to add at this point.

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Okay. So your "friend" have any original thoughts on Brennan or is this it? Because if that's it,this isn't anything new. Matter of fact,these points were made a few hundred times by this time last season.

Whats even funnier is that he is using his friends thoughts about an old topic in an annonymous message board...he couldn't even have come up with this himself? Why post?

Im done with Colt, been done with him. People need to stop saying he had an EXCELLENT preseason last year. It wasnt EXCELLENT. Daniel has easily out played Colt. There are fans who will continue to beg the Skins to keep him on the roster just because his name and personality. If you cant bring it on the field, none of that matters.

I am all for letting Colt go to the PS and giving Chase the # 3 spot based on CAMP AND PRESEASON! He has looked poised and Colt hasn't. Red Zone INTs are the WORST kind! Bye Bye CB :nana:

You know who else had an odd sidearm delivery? Sonny Jurgensen. He did okay with it.

Not to say that Colt will be anything like Sonny Jurgensen, but more to say what the **** difference does it make how he throws the ball, as long as it gets where it's supposed to go?

Point of release is important because it makes a significant difference in how defensable the pass is coming out of the thrower's hand. Obviously it's best if the ball comes out at the highest point. Also, I bet it effects the speed at which the ball comes out. Tom Brady and Jay Cutler have perfect throwing mechanics which is part of the reason everyone touts them as having such a quick release/strong arm.

Sam Bradford also has that same crappy side-arm motion as Brennan but it hasn't seemed to effect his draft stock in the slightest. Maybe it's just a correlation, but it seems to me that a lot of the sidearm qbs develop that motion to compensate for less than ideal arm strength, so that they can get more velocity on their throws than they otherwise could with a regular motion.

What do Jason Campbell's 4 years of preseason stats against UPS drivers look like? I'm sure they're MUCH better than Brennan's right? They must be since Campbell is an NFL starter and Colt is garbage...
Why are you getting all defenseless? And why bash JC? The comment was about Colt supporters.

Anyone else notice the fantasy "overvalued, undervalued, and Sleepers", that were being scrolled across the screen last night during the half-time show...I could of have sworn I saw TJ Duckett as a "sleeper", I remember looking at my roommate being like WTF? Was I seeing things or did anyone else see that? Maybe it was a mistake and they meant to put edge up there...

Anyone else notice the fantasy "overvalued, undervalued, and Sleepers", that were being scrolled across the screen last night during the half-time show...I could of have sworn I saw TJ Duckett as a "sleeper", ...

Was Fred Davis listed as a sleeper? Cuz that would have been funny.

Campbell gets 2.5 seasons of fail...but he needs more time. Brennan get's a few quarters of success, a few quarters of fail...and he's garbage forever. Yep, sounds about right. Thread fail.

Yes because for 2.5 seasons Jason Campbell has entirely failed, never winning a single game or producing anything statistically.

You are being ridiculous dude. Everyone has their ups and downs in their career but you are whining about people irrationally writing off Brennan in the very same breath that you do the same thing to Campbell.

Does it really bother you this much that, for the first time in his young career, Brennan is getting panned for a couple of bad performances?

Brennan is not a better pro QB than Campbell is by any real measure no matter what we think. Why should he be? He has less experience and he simply wasn't as good a prospect. It's why, at this point in his career, he's a 3rd string qb and a former 6th round pick. Brennan's expectations don't reflect the reality of his situation because his fans on this board have created a monster of unfounded adoration based on a few insignificant premises. The exact same thing happened a year or two ago with Anthony Mix to a lesser extent.

Brennan's a charismatic, likeable guy, and I hope we keep him as the third stringer. If not--I wish him the best, but I'm by no means expecting him to be anything more than a solid backup in the league and I will shed no tears if he gets cut.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

If Campbell fails I don't see either as the answer.

We'd be fools to assume they were if we let Campbell go. Next year should be a deep QB draft class if there aren't a lot of spectacular options. As of now, there don't appear to be any Matt Staffords or Mark Sanchezs in next year's class but it's early. Nobody was talking about JaMarcus Russell until the season was over and then he ended up the consensus #1.

Bradford looks like a solid mid-first rounder. He's being wildly overrated right now because of his statistical performance last year but he should come down to reality once a serious evaluation process is conducted with him.

Tebow could be an intriguing prospect late in the first round because of the intangibles he'd bring to the field. He'll take a while to develop the throwing and footwork mechanics of an NFL QB and will take even longer to learn how to run a WCO and read a defense but if a team has the time and patience, I think he will be a good QB one day.

But if our season turns south, I know I will be watching a lot of Ole Miss games because my favorite prospect in the class is Jevan Snead. He's pretty much got everything you want in a prospect. Arm strength, accuracy, good mechanics, poise, mobility, runs a pro-style offense, and if Ole Miss does anything this year, it will pretty much be because of him.

He's going to go high and I think he'll be the 1st QB taken. I'm almost hoping Ole Miss has a bad year just to ensure that he'd fall to us if we needed him. I don't relish the thought of trading up into the top 5 to get a QB, especially when our needs on the OL are so great. But if we were to do it, he'd be the one I'd want to grab.