Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

10 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Nov Playoff run. Redskins 

It just feels so... good to read those words...this is by far a different season.. life just feels different all the way around..it just sucks I don't live in a sports town..it's a big enough town for sports fans but there just idnt any here..that's why I've been relying on this place for several years..it's the closest thing I have to.. talking sports(especially Redskins football)with..outside of my best friend..but he's a dolphins fan...not sure what my point is here..umm Thank you es lol if..IF it turns into a Nov playoff run this place will be more home than ever..I keep my phone bill paid so I can come to this site..and that's the truth.

• Like 2

PFF has been consistent most of the season that Swearinger has been elite level good and Nicholson has been one of the worst safeties in the league.  I haven't really focused on Nicholson to judge.  But I do recall he had his critics coming out of the draft and then the narrative changed that they are all wrong after his debut season.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is holding at the LOS the only 10 yard penalty? 

Im trying to think of another 10 yard penalty.  Minor infractions, including (I believe) holding on the secondary, is 5 yards, and personal foul calls are 15, grounding and PI are spot fouls.  

I don’t know why I thought of this....

Illegal block in the back, illegal hands to the face, offensive PI, illegal batting of the ball(I think I have seen this 1 time in the last 20 years) are the ones that stick in my mind.

• Like 1

So there's some fans that aren't happy about us not having an explosive offense..not scoring like the saints or chiefs or Rams..and everyone is different and expresses there feelings different.

Ive seen alot of younger fans say they would love to have been around in the Gibbs early years. Well to be completely honest I don't think y'all could have stand being around in the gibbs early years .First..thank God there was no fantasy football..no such thing, so how you would make it through the game is be on me. Second..this is how Joe Gibbs won football games(besides the 91 season)run the ball and run the clock out..win games/lose games and on to the next game... For those who are enjoying the way we're winning right now and werent around in the Gibbs days buckle up and enjoy the ride!!

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why Strohman a 7th round rookie was covering OBJ multiple times yesterday ? Iv watched this kid get torched consecutively for 3 or 4 weeks now going back the Saints game. In a otherwise great defense this guy is slowly becoming a liability and even dopey ELI was picking up on it and started going after him late . Someone explain to me why he is on the field?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Can someone tell me why Strohman a 7th round rookie was covering OBJ multiple times yesterday ? Iv watched this kid get torched consecutively for 3 or 4 weeks now going back the Saints game. In a otherwise great defense this guy is slowly becoming a liability and even dopey ELI was picking up on it and started going after him late . Someone explain to me why he is on the field?

Having him iso against OBJ for that 3rd and 17 was unexplainable. How does he have no help? Why is he matched up w OBJ anyway? How is there no cover 2 concept anyway for a 3rd and 17?

Baptism by fire. This was our big worry coming in. If Dunbar or Norman go down, then we are going to ave to rely on some late R or undrafted rookies to take a lot of snaps.

Moreau had a quiet game yesterday, which is good for a slot corner but I wonder why he didnt start outside opposite Norman.

If Norman goes down, Im worried.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:
7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I am very interested, VERY INTERESTED, in fishing for some secondary depth with a late round pick.

If Norman goes down, Im worried.

All this. 

(And if he woulda stayed focused, he'da had that last int...)

He got burned all last season. A backup is in order, if not a full replacement. 

On 10/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF has been consistent most of the season that Swearinger has been elite level good and Nicholson has been one of the worst safeties in the league.  I haven't really focused on Nicholson to judge.  But I do recall he had his critics coming out of the draft and then the narrative changed that they are all wrong after his debut season.

It's hard to not imagine what this D would be if Derwin James was back there instead of Montae. It's even more difficult because Payne is playing great at a position which we desperately needed to upgrade. I can't say with confidence that I would have changed the pick if I could,

FS is arguably the most difficult position on defense and given that Montae's rookie season was cut short, I'm still holding out hope that he'll come around. He'll never be Derwin, but his tangibles keep me optimistic that his ceiling is quite a bit higher.

Why do the ****ing bowl winners get a bye week the week the trade deadline ends?  Yeah, why not add a WR since you have 2 weeks to get them up to speed.   I still think byes should all be the same for everyone in your division.  Why the **** does football need 1/2 game leads like baseball much of the season? There are only 16 ****ing weeks.

Happy Muhhh Hallo... Mahalo Lucy

MV5BMTY0MTU4OTAwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDIx

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I'm trying to think who's the weak link on our starting defense and I don't think we truly have one. Preston Smith is the only one I'm "meh" about right now, but he's much better than many other defenses worst starter. Mason Foster is playing very good this season (and he was last season as well in the beginning too), Brown isn't where he needs to be yet, but he's still good. I mean we've taken extraordinary steps over the past 2 seasons on D. 

Do you all think we're resigning PS? 

10 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Damn Garcon is good......

Well, it IS Oakland, afterall.

Honestly i'll be surprised if Jon Gruden is there next year. The Raiders had some good players on that team but they've went beyond the cliff, and have crashed and burned in the ravine, the ashes scooped up and is being spread as fertilizer as we speak.

Whatever happens to him, for the love of anything good PLEEEASE Jon, do NOT look in this direction, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Allen hires him; we all know how that buddy-buddy system works...

• Haha 1