Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Come on... Duckey V. 2.0?!?! Sellers is twice the short yardage back Duckett is. if Seattle is getting rid of him, it cant be good, even if they are upgrading with Edge... that's sad within itself. I say leave Seattles trash on the street.

well they used a photo from the last game the skins played vs the Patriots, and Sean was in that game (Oct 28th, 2007-wow, almost a month before he died). Unless they played a preseason game before 2007, the last time they played would have been 2003, in Washington, and the only player on the D who is still with the team now is Fred Smoot (another wow). How upset would people have been seeing Smoot wearing #21 on the web page? probably cause more of a stink than having Sean Taylor on there. Or people here would roast the Patriots for putting up a photo with Bruce Smith, Lavar or Champ Bailey on it.

Personally I kinda like it, considering NFL network and other outlets go out of their way NOT to show any clips/photos with Sean. He was a very important part of this team, and just because he has passed does not mean he should be forgotten, or removed from the historical record.

RIP Sean, and we all know that run stopped shortly after that picture was taken.

Sean played when we got throttled 200009876.56 to 3? Last time we played the Patriots we got smoked like a blunt in Snoop Dogs mouth. Im not definite, but i don't think ST was on that team.

Edited by Stew

It's strange that they'd do that, but I can't decide if I should be bothered by it or not. It's possible whoever posted it didn't even realize what they were doing. They might have just grabbed the first Skins/Patriots photo they could find and didn't look at it closely, although that's probably unlikely.

If they had shown a photo of him getting beaten on a play or something, that would be in poor taste. I guess this is no big deal, but it is a little strange if nothing else.

EDIT: They've changed the photo.

Edited by Larry Brown #43

their graphics person needs to update the pix
and you need to update your sig...

15. Please maintain respectable size signatures within the limitations set herein.

Maintaining reasonable size signatures minimizes the amount of load time needed to access a given page. Furthermore, it reduces the amount of excessive scrolling required of users perusing threads. Signatures should not exceed 550 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. These dimensions are not a guideline, they are a rule. It is the standard dimension for the entire signature size a member can use. Regardless of the quantity of photos posted, the sum area of all the photos must not exceed the stated size limitations. In addition, signatures should not contain any more than 10 lines of text. The sum total of the height (ie. 200 pixels) INCLUDES text or any combination of images and text.

An example of a maximum sized sig is provided below:

examplek.jpg

I don't get the negative "is this newsworthy" comments. Does something have to fit a "newsworthy" definition to be posted? I never thought so.

In regard to the photo- its' cool imo. Can't say it was intentional, but maybe it was- out of respect. either way, I never get tired of seeing ST photos.

Edited by ljs

wow- I was posting that I went to the WP site in re: ST photo on patriots page- then it said the thread disapeared....

anyway- someone replied on the WP blog that they complained to the Patriots marketing, and now the site has changed the photo. can't figure out why someone would be offended by them using ST's photo.

wow- I was posting that I went to the WP site in re: ST photo on patriots page- then it said the thread disapeared....

anyway- someone replied on the WP blog that they complained to the Patriots marketing, and now the site has changed the photo. can't figure out why someone would be offended by them using ST's photo.

i don't see the problem either. some people on here get upset about anything ST related.

All of you that think I would suggest TJ duckett as a some kinda savior are Idiots. who cares that he played here two years ago. Marcus Mason, as much as I enjoy him running through other teams camp fodder, couldnt stick with two other teams either after he was cut from the skins. There had to be a reason right?

Duckett has proven MORESO than any other back on our roster that he can convert a 3rd and 1 or a fourth and goal from the 2. Nobody said he had to be a star, or we had to hang our season on his signing. I simply posed a question to all you fantasy football gurus!