Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

Half of me likes the fact that he has those kinda balls the sensible half thinks it was kinda crazy to risk losing 11 million dollars in salary by trying it

Dare I think a 330 lb pulling tackle coming at straight him is just an dangerous, not to mention FB/TE types looking to truck him on routine tackles.

For the record I am fine with him doing it since he succeeded

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Everybody concerned about Josh possibly getting injured... did anybody stop to think about the bull getting injured by Josh?

From sources it seems the bull wasn't an Odell Beckham's fan, or Dez Bryant's. So maybe it helped...

38 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Dare I think a 330 pulling tackle coming at straight him is just an dangerous, not to mention FB/TE types looking to truck him on routine tackles.

For the record I am fine with him doing it since he succeeded

I'm not sur a 330 pulling tackle will look to kill Josh on this move.

And while you're fine about him as long as he succeeded, I'm pretty sure some at Redskins Park didn't liked it at all. Football players often have stuff in their contracts preventing them from stupid things like this (and some are even forbiden to ride motorcycle if I'm right). So I wouldn't be surprise to see this story get a little bit of steam and pops back in Norman's face. If they intend to get rid of him, maybe there's some ways to do it with a lot less financial trouble due to this...

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Dare I think a 330 pulling tackle coming at straight him is just an dangerous, not to mention FB/TE types looking to truck him on routine tackles.

True but he'd get paid full salary in those instances. 

If he got gored by a bull the skins could keep his 11 million dollar salary this year. 

• Like 2

He is an American bull fighter. We don't need red capes.

It may be more dangerous walking in countless areas, near Raljon, or DC/Baltimore, vs jumping over a bulls ass. It wasn't charging directly at him. Maybe there is no risk clause in his fat contract. Yeah just being there is bad, ok, Dad. Point taken.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/27022757-ed8d-406f-9171-b09beef4ac56

Maybe by the time he retires, he won't able to jump; or told to not jump so as to not jolt his brain unnecessarily.

Edited by RandyHolt

"I just wanna say, I am extremely thankful that this team drafted a healthy runningback who we can lean on instead of Samaje Perine. Welcome to the Redskins, Bryce Love, we're probably going to be using you a lot."

Man, it would feel so good to be able to say that instead of hoping that Adrian Peterson only dislocates one of his shoulders and not both of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

56 days till week 1. Can’t come soon enough 

I was just thinking here we are mid july..damn.. it will be pre season in a couple days!!..training camp is basically here...wholly **** I have a football season to start getting pumped for...than think wait..what's there to get pumped about?...ITS CALLED REDSKINS FOOTBAL AND I ****ING LOVE IT!!!..hell no we wont win **** this year and I'm not ok with that..but ya know what?!..I'll never give up..front n center for every Redskins game..rather it's a 3 game win season or 14 game win season im just as excited as the previous game for skins football!

We have a rookie qb..no one knows how its gonna pan out..but its exciting to see what's gonna happen.

A technically rookie running back that could be exciting to watch.

A couple wr's that play physical and have good hands so that's a plus..Will they get play time?..Mclovin will I believe.

For me I always look to the previous season and all the positives that happened to get me pumped for the upcoming season.

The win against Dallas at home and the way it happened was AMAZING!..the cardinals were poop last year but the season opener win was awesome...the win against the packers who also weren't so hot was bad ass..a win in New York is always a plus.. regardless of how their season turns out..and the hard fought loss against the titans was...satisfying as a Redskins fan..they fought with all there might and just fell short... the win against Jacksonville again Jacksonville wasn't anything to write home about but the team played as a team and got the win..the win against the Panthers to top a three game win streak..for me.. I'm looking forward to another season of Redskins football!!

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content
  • Like 3

Madden 20 ratings are out. They're hardly an important measure, but still fun to look at. Matty I and Payne are both 1 point higher overall than Jonathan Allen. Geron Christian and Ereck Flowers are tied for 5th highest overall on our offensive line, both grading out 65. The next highest overall on the line is 75 for Moses and Roullier. The next lowest is Wes Martin at 63.

Our LG position is going to be the type in franchise mode where the first CPU move is going to be signing any free agent it can get its hands on lol

For anyone interested: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings?i=1&t=26&s=ovr_rating:DESC&=undefined

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

Folks don't like Samaje for those 2 fumbles 2 years ago but it won't take much for him to be our only back with no health concerns.  If he isn't, already.

I wish Jay would use him out of pistol, if he still hasn't taken well to the new formations (to him) Jay prefers. Perine killed it in college out of pistol and while i don't know if its a factor or not in his uninspiring pro career, but think its safe to assume he is more comfortable mentally running out of it.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Folks don't like Samaje for those 2 fumbles 2 years ago but it won't take much for him to be our only back with no health concerns.  If he isn't, already.

I wish Jay would use him out of pistol, if he still hasn't taken well to the new formations (to him) Jay prefers. Perine killed it in college out of pistol and while i don't know if its a factor or not in his uninspiring pro career, but think its safe to assume he is more comfortable mentally running out of it.

But we know Jay does not adjust.  Runs the same predictable plays.  It is unfortunate really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

But we know Jay does not adjust.  Runs the same predictable plays.  It is unfortunate really.

I am actually (ok cautiously!) more optimistic with offensive play calling than I have been, since late in 2015.  All because of our new offensive coordinator, and compounded by him having some experience with DHask. So maybe Jay will hand over the keys on offense, and try new blood.  Without an extension, I think he needs to pull out all the stops to be here in 2020 - and what bigger way than trying a new play caller.

I am not sure how much leeway OCKOC has been promised but feel we need a new vision. Jay's fantastic at getting guys open in the short and intermediate game with a minimal cast, and so Jay can still have a big hand in an awful lot of what we see.

But Jay sold (for ~ 3 years?) heavy run on first tendencies, and so PAP was there for the killing. and he basically rarely took it. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I sure hope Jordan Reed's toe is better. He survived last year but was stuck in generic 4 yard routes, and in (as we learned late in the year) physical therapy almost daily for the entire year.

Prediction:  JR at 100% is going be our WR1, and bring our offense to the next level.

I keep going back to Jay using deception late in 2015 that was a spring board to get us into the playoffs.  At the root of that, was Jordan Reed. He had a MONSTER finish to that year. Nothing beats deception better than showing heavy run looks with multiple TEs, and then passing to them.  I think Joe Gibbs was the first to ever do that, it was pure genius at the time, and viola, it still works. To maximize the chances of passing from heavy jumbo, I want Jay to target young aggressive LBs that predictably blow pass coverage duties in their quest for a TFL, almost every time.

Running from pass looks, to maximize that its beneficial to use a back that can break tackles. Aka, an all down back. Guice!

Check out those 15 late season game logs. That wasn't just a good player going off for a month, it was all play calling.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReedJo02/gamelog/2015/

Scroll down this game log (the first one I chose) - Jay came out passing on first down. Every one.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512260phi.htm

I am surprised moar didn't/don't clamor for moar of that less predictable offensive. Was that McVay input???

**** Philly.

Edited by RandyHolt

Welp...that golden ball of greatness comes up over them tetons later n later each time I leave the farm to deliver gold to all the valley peeps which tells me only one thing..I've got the taste of REDSKINS TRAINING CAMP in my mouth!!!..and yes I brushed my teeth this am

20190720_072317.jpg

Edited by bakedtater1
Add content
  • Like 2