Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Why do media still thinks it's Redskins related when they post articles about RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the Redskins section?

Does nobody told them they are no longer parts of the team?

During the colts game some colts fan was asking my dad what's up with rg3 lol

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No I’m perfectly fine watching eagles Vs titans and giants Vs saints :) and then Steelers Vs ravens to end the day. I honestly feel like the titans can win. Why not watch that game :P 

Would be cool to see a poll of what everyone is watching this weekend but I'm to new to start a thread and don't want to get blown up by the mods here. I'll probably be watching Redzone all day and monitoring my draftkings lineup

Looking forward to this stress free football weekend. With Washington off and SF definitely tanking now that Jimmy G is broken, I will be leisurely chilling with some Sunday Ticket games. 

For noon games, I find most interest in Miami @ NE, Philly @ Indy, and Detroit @ Dallas. 

Then it's the NOLA@NYG for sure. 

:) 

5 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

Looking forward to this stress free football weekend. With Washington off and SF definitely tanking now that Jimmy G is broken, I will be leisurely chilling with some Sunday Ticket games. 

For noon games, I find most interest in Miami @ NE, Philly @ Indy, and Detroit @ Dallas. 

Then it's the NOLA@NYG for sure. 

:) 

Ya mean Philly at Tennessee?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've got a regular customer, we got to talking when he first paid with a cowboys card.

He came in today, and "thanked me" for the Redskins getting AP...said he's killing it in his fantasy league. 

Then I said, : You shoulda picked Crowder too.  ?

Yeah some guy was ranting to me mad because he didn't have Alex Smith on his fantasy..lol I express that's why I cannot play Fantasy Football I pic nothing but Redskins players..

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeah some guy was ranting to me mad because he didn't have Alex Smith on his fantasy..lol I express that's why I cannot play Fantasy Football I pic nothing but Redskins players..

I’ve been doing fantasy football for the past two years with my brother and 7 or 8 of his close friends that went to college with him in Vermont, and i did that the past two years. It got to the point where my brother named his fantasy team “Would Roy Helu Draft Roy Helu?” ? it didn’t help that i kept forgetting about how it’s pointless to draft players with the same bye week, and i kept forgetting to set my lineup week to week...by week 8 last year i had 5 guys on my roster who were out for the season. 

I learned my lesson this year though! I think I’m 2-1 right now. 

I always litter my sole year long fantasy team with skins.  The last few years, Doctson lots of Crowder, Alex Smith of course, Perine, Kelley, our kicker, and even our D.  My best year was Kirk and Jordan Reed I think 3 years ago, when Jay late in the year started passing in obvious run downs.  I ONLY have Alex currently, and finally gave up on Crowder after almost 2 years of expecting monster games every week. I still think he is going to explode this upcoming week and he likely will now that I released him.  Another homer plucked AP before I could heh.

For the record I predict Ryan Anderson FB scores his first TD in week 13.

Hail yeah its nice to see AP get a little shout out for his solid work last week.  Just our ****ing luck of course he got injured late. I am glad we have Bibbs back at the ready to pinch hit. He seems to have a little more AP / hop in his step, than Kelly or Perine.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

AP is injured?

He sprained his ankle late, which is apparently why we saw Bibbs get some work. At least I think that's what i heard/read.

I read Sept 24th that he's expected to be ready for week 5 but am curious, have we been having light or full practices to grade him proper?  It doesn't sound severe at all but still want to hear he has taken a full practice.

If anyone remembers the sprain or finds a clip, hook us up.

Edited by RandyHolt

First place! 

We parlayed not playing into first, but I still hate the bye week.  Everyone in a division should have a bye in the same week. 

Until Wentz is 100% they may do better with the journeyman Foles. His playbook seems more effective to me. How can they expect more from Wentz and his playbook, than the bowl winning Foles playbook anyways. Hopefully there is turmoil and confusion in Philly with a few more Wentz led losses.

Watched Red Zone all day yesterday. The NFC may have been a tad overblown. The Rams are legit and I think the Bears are too if Trebisky can play at that level(their D is awesome). But beyond that? Not really sure. The Saints are 3-1 but struggled with the Browns at home and gave up a ton of points in other games. Falcons look off. Bucs are crashing down to earth. The rest of the West sucks. The Packers are up and down and Rodgers is still gimpy. The Lions are...well the Lions.

The NFC East in particular doesn't look that strong. The Cowboys are average at best. The Giants somehow have the most boring offense in the league despite sensational talents at RB and WR. The Eagles don't quite have that magic they had last year. I think this is a year where 10 wins could win the East. Hell 11-5 might get a bye.

So I was in PG County for a funeral today - less than 10 miles away from FedEx Field. Since it was on the way back to PA, I thought I'd swing by and just take a look at the stadium as I haven't been there in 16 years. I was so excited about going to that 'Skins game as a boy and I didn't really take time to take the stadium in ('Skins won that game, by the way - 20-17 over the Rams). 

So I came in by way of Landover Road and came up to the lots and as soon as the stadium came into view, something struck me about it: unless you looked very closely, you'd never know the 'Skins played there. The facade is very colorful - there's no doubt it's FedEx Field as the arrangement of purples, oranges, and greens testify but until you drive around to the other side of the stadium, you really have to look for anything having to do with the team that plays there every autumn. 

Now I know RFK wasn't painted purple and gold when the 'Skins played there but it was concrete, multi-purpose facility where a baseball and football team played. FedEx Field is (apart from the odd soccer game or concert) the home of the Washington Redskins. You go to M&T Bank Stadium and there's no doubt who plays there 8+ times a year. 

Edited by thebluefood

Was on twitter tonight and Cooley posted a pic of him watching tonight’s MNF game with his son. Somebody asked him if he’d make a comeback to play for the skins. I respond saying pretty much “dude..this isn’t fantasy land, this is real life...he’s been out of football since after 2012-2013 wildcard game, pretty sure he’s just fine being up in the radio booth”.

cooleys response? “I’m 36. 0 chance” ??. Short and to the point i guess