Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Odeon. A building of theater, music, and culture...or a beast from Hades.

Wikipedia:

Odeon, from the ancient Greek Ωδείον (literally "building for musical competitions, from the Greek for "to sing", which is also the root of ode and aoidos) is a name for several ancient Greek and Roman buildings built for singing exercises, musical shows and poetry competitions. They were generally small in size, especially as compared to a full-size ancient Greek theatre.

Odeon, from Greek mythology, was an evil creature that roamed the Earth. He was a mythological monster that is described as having three heads, three tails, and five legs. He was known for rampaging villages in early Greece, and murdering all that crossed his path. Hades used Odeon to carry out his deeds on Earth.

:idea: Edited by ACW

Too bad the original quote was rushing or that'd be great OOC material.

:(

Yeah, it flows nice...I also like the idea of having a D-End that has five legs, a few tails, and murders everything in his path.

Rak and Haynesworth is going to be too much fun to watch together. I can't wait for that Giants game.

If he rushes from OLB, which looks to be the case a good bit, he'll get matched against a TE or RB - a huuuge mismatch.

He even looks pretty good in straight zone coverage. He still looks a little lost on play-action, biting hard on the run and losing his man.

Agree with the other comments.... How exciting is it that our first rounder is starting and appears to be one of the best players on the field! He just looks like a 4 year vet when he is rushing... Just compare the situation that the 9ers are having with the #10 pick in Crabtree and ours with this #13...

I think Orakpo already is ahead of where ST was.

If you guys recall, it took several games before ST was starting. FS is also a bit more of a learning curve then playing on the d-line or at linebacker

Orakpo has been awesome so far

ST didnt start but was still our best player..has RAK got us any points yet?how can he be ahead of ST then?remeber his first Preseason game he had a pick 6..St had 4 turnovers in two preseason games played..Rak has zero..RAk is a beast but better than ST no:(

I'm not comparing us to the 2000 Ravens, merely mentioning that a good enough defense can carry a mediocre offense.

I know what you are saying and not to nitpick, but I'd say a great scoring defense can carry a mediocre offense.

I think we'll become that this year because of the additions of Big Al and Rak, but that hasn't been us in years past.