Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 1/19/2017 at 11:05 AM, DC9 said:

No, he grew up a Bears fan.

He said it in his presser after we beat them.

I was just trying to be nice by giving you the answer in the form of a question....

Something about the way he speaks, what he reveals, and his un-commitment to Pierre-like rhetoric about wanting to be here doesn't sit right with me.

P.s-- Is that Pollux Troy in your avatar?

Edited by TheShredSkinz
Castor
  • Like 2

Falcons have the worst rated red zone defense in the NFL.:rofl89:

GO, PACK, GO!!!

Edit, add:  Just saw on NFLN that the fire alarm in the Steelers' team hotel got pulled at around 3 a.m....and Brian Billick joked, "Tom Brady didn't do it, even though he might have been 'generally aware', he didn't tell anybody to do it"...:rofl89:

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

Feel like this needs its own thread because I doubt that I'm doing anything wrong here but on the off chance that I am figure I'd ask here.

I see the guys talking about Jay Gruden's comments today and I go to www.redskins.com and click on the videos menu which brings up a bunch of videos I'd like to watch.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/

They feature the HC the new OC and the new DC talking and I'd like to watch these but every time I try to watch I get an annoying error message that says "We're sorry but this video is no longer available - Watch more videos" On every video that's posted up now. 

So not to be funny but wth? Where did the video go? Clearly this was just conducted today it should be available and if it wasn't available why did someone at Redskins.com post it in the first place?

I tried on workstation and my iphone and getting same error. The videos won't play on either. I searched on Youtube for these interviews and they aren't there and even looked at NFL.com to see if they were there on the team page and of course they aren't. Its like they never happened

Why for such a big business does the NFL continue to have one of the worst video sites anywhere? It seems to me that these videos have a shelf life of about 1 hour in that if you miss them once done you won't see them ever. Anyone have a fix for this? So annoying

Edited by bobandweave
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Isn't there normally some kind of end of year presser? Anyone know when that might be?  I'm anxious to hear what Allen/McCloughan have to say about the new hires, and of course Kirk's situation

Most teams have them early januari. Can't remember if we had one last year. 

I will send question on twitter to some Redskins media dudes. 

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 2

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

@wilco_holland That was hilarious, but there's no politics in The Stadium, including this thread. There's a Random "Thot" Thread in the Tailgate for stuff like this, among the political threads themselves. Please post it there if you'd like, thanks. 

Ah okey will move it then. Never come outside of the stadium and thought this might fall outside the political posts. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779549/article/bills-ot-cyrus-kouandjio-underwent-surgery

So we're not the only team to waste a pick on a Kouandjio...and at least ours was a 4th rounder and not a 2nd.

Wasn't kouandjio pretty serviceable/good this season while Trent Williams was suspended? Or was that someone else 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

yep, n' Nsekhe is a fa if im not mistaken

He is, but I'm fairly certain that he is a restricted FA, so all we have to do is give him a high enough tender offer to force any interested teams to surrender a high round draft pick if they want to steal him.

• Like 2

What if we franchised Cousins for another year and got Bridgewater on the roster.  Give him a year to learn the offense and continue healing his leg.

For the record, I don't want this, just a hypothetical.  Would people revolt?  Are the Vikings gonna stick with Bradford?  I can't imagine Bridgewater is gonna be ready to go out of the gates next year but he looked pretty solid before going down.  He's one of the few QBs that I think still has upside, might be a low risk high reward situation.

Mike Shanahan, former Coach/GM of the Redskins- Blames RG3 and Snyder for all his failures in Washington

Rumoured to be going to San Fran, with his boy ( both were accused of running a staff rife with nepotism, and unqualified coaches).

Goes to SF, with a monumentally worse owner and team situation. Whats the first move? Hire a laughably unqualified man to be GM.

It's clear who's going to be running  things there (again), so it should also be clear who's going to be the scapegoat when that clown show blows up in their faces.

Enjoy the leaks

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mike Shanahan, former Coach/GM of the Redskins- Blames RG3 and Snyder for all his failures in Washington

Rumoured to be going to San Fran, with his boy ( both were accused of running a staff rife with nepotism, and unqualified coaches).

Goes to SF, with a monumentally worse owner and team situation. Whats the first move? Hire a laughably unqualified man to be GM.

It's clear who's going to be running  things there (again), so it should also be clear who's going to be the scapegoat when that clown show blows up in their faces.

Enjoy the leaks

Maybe we can get them to trade 4 #1's and a 3 #2's for Cousins before it falls apart?

• Like 2

I have to say, after all the talent issues we've had at certain positions over the years, we've been super lucky to have 16 seasons of great LT play. Putting Trent's past issues aside, if you had to choose between Chris Samuels or Trent Williams to block for our franchise QB who would you choose? Both in their primes at the same time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I have to say, after all the talent issues we've had at certain positions over the years, we've been super lucky to have 16 seasons of great LT play. Putting Trent's past issues aside, if you had to choose between Chris Samuels or Trent Williams to block for our franchise QB who would you choose? Both in their primes at the same time. 

Silverback all the way!  And forgive me for not welcoming you to the board, (in Yoda voice)...lazy, I have been.:lol:

Welcome, and HAIL!

• Like 1