Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

All in all, very happy with the season.

Kirk showed me a lot, just not 100% sold on him yet.  (I have RG3-itis when it comes to QBs now...THANKS OBAMA!)

Defense was good, definitely have some studs over there yet to bloom.

Lets have a great off season, get healthier and get back at it again next season!

HTTR

Even though I've mentioned Houston earlier in this thread, I woke up this morning with the following random thought......

What if RG3 went to Arizona?

The more I think about it the more it seems to make sense as a possible landing spot that no one is talking about.

- Strong connection to the military and community service events

- Older QB (36) with limited upside going forward that is probably not a long term solution

- A front office that has shown a willingness to take on reclamation projects in order to get talent for a smaller pricetag (Palmer from Oakland, Honey Badger in draft despite weed issues)

- A highly innovative, aggressive style head coach who has been called "The ultimate Quarterback Whisperer."  This article makes me think Arians might be exactly what RG3 needs to make the jump to the next level at QB 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546950-bruce-arians-the-nfls-ultimate-quarterback-whisperer

One section in particular struck me:

"Everybody needs a guy that believes in him, and Bruce made me believe I could do anything," said Holcomb. "When it came to X's and O's, Bruce made his money by designing play-action passes that could really hurt defenses. Even today, he'll play-action teams to death. But what sets Bruce apart is that he can get you to do things you didn't think you were necessarily capable of. And it's all because he really cares about you, and, in return, you want to make him proud."

"You make them pick the plays so you can say, 'You picked it. You make it work,'" Arians said. "It increases the level of accountability."

- A superstar, face of the franchise, receiver (Fitzgerald) who seems to share RG3's emphasis on strong family ties, military community service, and charity fundraising.

- A small(er) fanbase and media market that would not spotlight his every move to the degree that he is currently exposed to and allow him to continue his development with less distraction.

Thoughts?  

I think the fact that they are knocking on the Super Bowl's door this season will also be an added incentive for RG3 knowing he would be going to a team that would give him a legitimate shot to make the playoffs every year.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How much longer until the season starts?

Worst time of year. 

well, if we're talkin pre-season, there's 25 weeks and 5 days until the hall of fame game (i'm guessing, its usually the first sunday of august, right? which would be sunday august 7th). if you mean regular season, then 31 weeks and 5 days...so 222 days until the first sunday of the regular season. but, 219 days until broncos vs whoever for that Thursday night season opener.

yep, depressing isn't it... 

Jeez. It's just been 48 hours. I love football, but no, I wouldn't want it year round. I like the break. Makes the season more exciting when it does come. I imagine around May, when mini camps start, I'll be ready for the season.

I'm enjoying the Terps and Caps right now.

For me, the offseason is the longest and toughest EVER. I love the NFL, pretty much the only sport I follow 100% of the time. At least there's only a month until free agency :D

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the offseason is the longest and toughest EVER. I love the NFL, pretty much the only sport I follow 100% of the time. At least there's only a month until free agency :D

I love football. Especially the Redskins. No other thing that happens in a TV is even remotely close. I hang on every second and know where I will be for every game.

That said, thank freaking jebus it ain't every week. I'm always thankful to get my Sundays back. I also like having my mood even back out.

I don't think my heart could handle Redskins football every weekend of the year.

• Like 3

Well, for one training camp/pre-season where he was cut and picked up by the Raiders and played out his career. Yes, I had to look, I was one year old in his very brief stint here :P

But still pretty cool none the less.

True but to be perfectly honest i never even knew that sloth was played by john matuszak

• Like 1

I love football. Especially the Redskins. No other thing that happens in a TV is even remotely close. I hang on every second and know where I will be for every game.

That said, thank freaking jebus it ain't every week. I'm always thankful to get my Sundays back. I also like having my mood even back out.

I don't think my heart could handle Redskins football every weekend of the year.

I couldn't put enough likes on this it's %100 exactly how I feel.
  • Like 1

You know, it's probably plain as day, but even as cynical as I can be about the Skins I never stopped to realize that the Skins of old would have found a way to not take advantage of this gift wrapped 2015 season - but the GM and Coach Gruden and Co. jumped all over it (9-7 is not something to write home about) and now they tasted winning, a title, and a foundation should be set to build on. 

People who post links to mocks, should have to just say who our picks are.

We so rarely run a 34 defense, we shouldn't even acknowledge it anymore. It confuses our fan base and the make pointless, silly posts and get mad when they're corrected.

Maybe we should pretend it's an exciting new defense.

Sooo besides breeland I don't see much of anybody sticking around from the secondary..I love hall,he's wonderful for the locker room ,great leadership and works hard but I can't be the only one thinking its time for him to hang it up or maybe he will succeed in the safety spot idk...point being out side of breeland I think it's time for an absolute over haul in the secondary..I am on the fence with golston I have to say

DHall- takes paycut to be Redskin. Already a record holder in HoF. Been solid leader for us. Willing to change position and works hard to excel, while training replacement.

Nobody likes him.

Morris has one good year, progressively gets worse, can't block catch or hit a hole.

Fans upset he's leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to miss Morris..I will automatically follow what ever team he goes to that much more..like I do the raiders now for heeeeellllluuuuuu jr.

Helu had that big of an impact on you that you watched raiders games more to see him play? He was always pretty disappointing to me compared to expectations.

• Like 2