Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

please stop nick naming every portion of the team.

they've won one game.

also, dear players, you're not supposed to nick name yourselves.

either i'm aging must faster than i'm supposed to or you people are ruining this sport.

;)

Edited by tshile

Anyone else noticed how all the local media who picked the redskins to win between 3 and 6 games have seamlessly transitioned into how the division is wide open and 9-7 might win it?

No one's explaining where these 3-6 extra wins would come from.

Bunch of boobs.

Edited by tshile

• 2 weeks later...
In this morning's WP print edition:

Redskins name is not a divisive issue

October 16 at 5:44 PM

Regarding the Oct. 13 editorial “Washington’s loss,” about the use of the name Redskins:

What may appear on the surface to be a divisive and controversial issue isn’t. When seven to eight out of 10 individuals agree on something, it is not a divisive issue. It is not even an issue.

A December 2013 survey conducted by Public Policy Polling found that 71 percent of Americans were in favor of the Washington Redskins keeping the name. A July 2014 poll conducted by Research and Polling in New Mexico, in the middle of Indian country, received the same response: Seventy-one percent said the National Football League team should keep the name. Only 18 percent said it should be changed. And according to Research and Polling, there was no statistically significant difference in opinions among Hispanics, Caucasians or Native Americans. Two other national polls had very similar results.

The real issue is: How far do we allow political correctness to eat away at free speech? When we allow a few activists to hide behind politically correct words and phrases, we are allowing two or three people in 10 to determine what is correct for all of us. As an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe, I can tell you these activists do not speak for me and probably not for most American Indians.

It’s time to put this “issue” behind us and focus on poverty, education, jobs, domestic violence and issues that matter, whether on or off reservations.

Ronald G. Toya, Albuquerque

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/redskins-name-is-not-a-divisive-issue/2015/10/16/f899329e-7289-11e5-ba14-318f8e87a2fc_story.html

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help here.

Has anyone ever sat in the club level seats at fedex? Finding some good deal right now for them. Not sure if anything other than just the ticket is needed? Like an additional wrist band or something? 

Im finding tickets for just over $100...not sure if they are too good to be true..they are on stubhub so i know the tickets are legit just not sure if any additional items are needed.

Thanks

Looking for some help here.

Has anyone ever sat in the club level seats at fedex? Finding some good deal right now for them. Not sure if anything other than just the ticket is needed? Like an additional wrist band or something? 

Im finding tickets for just over $100...not sure if they are too good to be true..they are on stubhub so i know the tickets are legit just not sure if any additional items are needed.

Thanks

I've sat in club level with tickets purchased on secondary market - can't ever recall needing anything additional.

This is a what if situation scenario, so dont kill me.   What if Sean Payton and Matthew Stafford are released this off-season should we fire Jay and go after one or both of them. I remember when the Chargers releaseed Drew brees and Sean Payton make him into a monster. Im not comparing Brees to Stafford out of respect to Brees. But I do believe we do have a very strong Receiving core. Stafford could give us 7 to 10 strong years with Payton. This would also allow us to draft defense heavy.

Random thought for today......

I think RG3 gets traded to the Houston Texans in the offseason.  He gets to go home, and that team needs a QB.  Commentators pee their collective pants every time he and Andrew Luck face each other over the next 5 years.

Scott gets a third rounder for him.  We extend Cousins on a 3 year deal, and continue to build up our depth chart by spending 70 percent of our draft picks on defensive talent and special team contributors.  McCoy and a late round QB battle for number 2 spot.

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 1 month later...

They should have probowl analysists the fans can vote on too.

Since the probowl is mostly fake and about a bunch of huffing and puffing I'd reckon we'd vote up who use "unnamed sources" and a something a fair portion larger than a pinch of artistic liscense when creating nfl news stories...

It'd make the media leading up the probowl much more interesting.

Edited by Qdeathstar

Random thought for today......

I think RG3 gets traded to the Houston Texans in the offseason.  He gets to go home, and that team needs a QB.  Commentators pee their collective pants every time he and Andrew Luck face each other over the next 5 years.

Scott gets a third rounder for him.  We extend Cousins on a 3 year deal, and continue to build up our depth chart by spending 70 percent of our draft picks on defensive talent and special team contributors.  McCoy and a late round QB battle for number 2 spot.

That sounds quite reasonable after the Texans' epic fail yesterday...I hate saying that.

• Like 1

Damn...stage IV... I doubt he smoked

I'd be willing to bet he did.  I've smoked for almost 40 years...there are wrinkles & shadows that only we know of...he has some that makeup doesn't quite cover, but I've been wrong before, no biggie, LOL 

But if he handles all that stress without 'em, AWESOME. 

He lives here in ATL & was listed in the phone book for a very long time after he was famous.