Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Lol thats absolutely the most worthless self advocation ive ever heard.

Pfffft

Ill use that in my next interview,"i get lots of likes on my posts on an online forum. Im kind of a big deal."

I unintentionally left out <now edited/included> that I had just seen a guy do it here, this evening, in a thread  :ph34r:

and that last line about the number of my likes was meant to be applied to that situation  :P

• Like 1

Will Alfred be a Redskin after this year? What does everyone think?

As much as it weirds me out to say it, I think his situation for next year is up for grabs. I'm pretty sure he's actually in a "well, we'll have to see" position here as opposed to the more expected (to me) "hell--are you kidding? Look at the guy's numbers and play over the last 3 seasons and understand that any perceived slipping is likely due to the mass-o-issues of the team these last two seasons."

Some very smart guys seem to think his success is as much a matter of numerous circumstances (that were more transitory than not) that fed to a few specific and real strengths, rather than just basic outstanding talent in a broad sense as a runner. Other very smart guys disagree.  :)

• Like 1

I agree with you. The line problems contributed to slipping numbers, but his carries weren't near as high (IIRC) due to us always playing catchup the last two years. Also, as RBs have short careers, it's kind of hard to justify giving a guy multiple years when he'll be 27 going into his new contract. Especially with it being such a replaceable position.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sometimes there's a poster who has maybe the tip of a pinky in grazing contact with Redskins football reality and his posts conjure an image of someone who's allowed to go to the day room occasionally and log in.

I feel like with the proper mentality this team is actually going to be fun to watch this year. Getting to watch some of these young players develop and grow and the way GMSM plugs in the new pieces will be fun.

If you go into this year hoping for a SB win, you're going to be disappointed.

But if you go into it hoping to see what the future has in store as the team gets built, understanding that there will be some tough losses and even straight up beatdowns on the way, it'll actually be an enjoyable season.

I feel like with the proper mentality this team is actually going to be fun to watch this year. Getting to watch some of these young players develop and grow and the way GMSM plugs in the new pieces will be fun.

If you go into this year hoping for a SB win, you're going to be disappointed.

But if you go into it hoping to see what the future has in store as the team gets built, understanding that there will be some tough losses and even straight up beatdowns on the way, it'll actually be an enjoyable season.

I go into every season hoping for a SB win...what's your point?? :P

One very likely beatdown this season will be against New England though

• 1 month later...

Just read Brewer's latest column regarding The Redskins' new philosophy vís-a-vís its current roster, & how depth will emerge as a central issue later this season.  Quite a good read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-have-right-idea-but-they-lack-depth-necessary-for-immediate-success/2015/08/16/ec19b104-4464-11e5-8e7d-9c033e6745d8_story.html

Something tells me that this little kernel of wisdom should get filed away for later in the year (as a little positive reinforcement).

[And let me just say, I have really been enjoying Jerry Brewer as The Post's new "Skins Columnist".  His story-telling style is unique, thought-provoking, and refreshing.  This guy just got done covering the Seattle Seahawks for the past nine years, so he knows what a Championship Football team looks like.  That gives his perspective some instant credibility.  Between Keim & this guy, I think we'll get an honest read on The Program this fall]

Edited by Diehard Otis
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This morning the WP published the most glaring diss of the team yet, IMO.  Today they put out a "special edition" for the opening of the NFL season.  It's an entire 16-page section of the print edition - something they do during week 1 of every NFL season.  But this year, the cover is unique.  Here is what the front page of the edition looks like:

WPdiss.jpg

Text reads:

You've seen it all before in Washington.

Eight head coaches.  Sixteen starting QBS.

Daniel Snyder has owned the franchise since

1999, and the equation that holds true is

one of constant, never-ending, repetitive

instability and failure. 

Your turn, Scot.

Low grade toilet paper

I wouldn't use the WP to line a gerbil cage or potty train a puppy.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. A new low even for the WP. It's sort of like the team they just kicked in the "gonads" ( that really makes me chuckle)

I bet they had a focus group of hacks sitting around for days thinking this crap up. The whole thing is pathetic.  

I don't know if it is the best business plan to alienate a large portion of your consumers with an ever dwindling circulation.