Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

This is probably thread worthy and it's very possible that it has already been made a thread, but Shanny calling out his team and saying that he was evaluating for next season is the turning point in this season.

Could be turning point of the franchise if we win tomorrow...

How come every year when training camp starts you hear about dozens of players being lost to season ending injuries in practice but it never happens this time of the year in practice.

Is it because there practicing much harder in training camp or do you think its because there bodies are in much better condition this time of year.

i'd say a little of both. i mean yea they are practicing harder in training camp, for 2 practices per day for 3 straight weeks, in the sun and heat. but also, by this time they've been practicing since minicamps and training camp, so their bodies get used to it as the season goes on.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

Could be turning point of the franchise if we win tomorrow...

yep. lets stay in evaluation mode tomorrow night. i for one am loving this new mode that shanny has brought up :) such a same that the eagles, giants and cowboys havent thought of that mode yet...

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but this "thot" did pop into my head a few minutes ago.

Herb Brook's "Miracle" speech as portrayed by Kurt Russell, but with a Redskins twist.

"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em 105 times, they might win 62. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we score on them. Tonight, we defend against them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest football team in the NFC East. You were born to be football players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a talented football team the Cowboys are. SCREW 'EM! This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"

I have alot of respect for Andy Reid, even though he fleeced us on the Mcnabb trade, and I feel bad for him after all he has done for the Eagles for the players to go out and lay down on his last game like they did today. I've always hated the other NFC east coaches but I don't know why but I never had that kind of feeling about Reid. I think that he is a good coach and I'm glad that he is getting out of the NFC east. I hope San Diego hires him and I think he will do a great job there. It's just awful though that his players couldn't have put up a better effort today for him.

I have alot of respect for Andy Reid, even though he fleeced us on the Mcnabb trade, and I feel bad for him after all he has done for the Eagles for the players to go out and lay down on his last game like they did today. I've always hated the other NFC east coaches but I don't know why but I never had that kind of feeling about Reid. I think that he is a good coach and I'm glad that he is getting out of the NFC east. I hope San Diego hires him and I think he will do a great job there. It's just awful though that his players couldn't have put up a better effort today for him.

He plays guys hurt, he never went anywhere without McNabb, never gave Dmac the weapons he should have, except when he brought in Owens, who he couldn't control and then was the only team in the league to offer a POS of a human a job, which then ended his. Don't even get me started on his own family life, that he put football over. I'm sad he is leaving the eagles and I think it's funny his team quit.

He plays guys hurt, he never went anywhere without McNabb, never gave Dmac the weapons he should have, except when he brought in Owens, who he couldn't control and then was the only team in the league to offer a POS of a human a job, which then ended his. Don't even get me started on his own family life, that he put football over. I'm sad he is leaving the eagles and I think it's funny his team quit.

What was he supposed to do? Stop working? How do you know he never sought help for his kids? I think he needs to work on his philosophy, because he had one guy who was streaky with his accuracy, and another that wasn't accurate at all. And I'll give him props for offering Vick an apportunity to revive his career, and taking the heat that came along with it, even though what Vick did was terrible.

What was he supposed to do? Stop working? How do you know he never sought help for his kids? I think he needs to work on his philosophy, because he had one guy who was streaky with his accuracy, and another that wasn't accurate at all. And I'll give him props for offering Vick an apportunity to revive his career, and taking the heat that came along with it, even though what Vick did was terrible.

Okay, I just don't think that's any reason to like him.

Seems pretty quiet in here so soon after such a HUGE win. :cool:

We ban too many SEA trolls or homegrown idjits and now you have nothing to play with? :evilg:

Or just too many hung over? :ols:

Edited by Jumbo

Let's liven it up a little.

Fun Facts ...courtesy of Redskins Public Relations.

A Redskins win Sunday would...

• ... improve the Redskins to 24-17 in postseason play all-time.
  • ... make the Redskins 7-1 all-time in NFC Wild Card Round
    games.
  • ... make the Redskins 14-2 in postseason home games, not including
    the 1936 NFL Championship moved to the Polo Grounds in New
    York.
  • ... give the Redskins six straight wins in postseason games played
    at home. Washington has won its last five postseason home games
    dating back to the 1986 NFC Wild Card Round. This is the second longest
    postseason home winning streak in team history behind an
    eight-game streak from 1942-1984.
  • ... improve Shanahan to 9-5 in postseason play as a head coach.

Edited by Mark The Homer

What's really freaking frustrating is that aside from from the fact that the Skins lost, is was to Seattle AGAIN! That team just seems to have the Skins number when it comes to the postseason. The Skins just can't seem to beat those guys no matter who's coaching or playing. :mad:

Redskins leading 14-0, lose game.

Nationals winning by 6 runs, lose series

Capitals have 3-1 lead, lose series.

Choke, choke, choke.

My first text this morning upon learning that NHL lockout was over.

"Great news! Now we get to go watch the Caps choke yet again this spring after all!"

Yeah, blowing a 2 TD lead in a playoff game at home is frustrating and not something I expected. I admit I had already started to think about ATL at the end of 1 period. Shame on me.