Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

• 2 weeks later...

So today I was talking to my boss about how excited I am about RG3, and how I'm expecting big things.

His answer was "He looked great on Sunday, but I'm just worried he might turn out like David Garrard. You know, he plays well for a while and then defenses figure out how to game plan for him."

:doh:

That was pretty much how that entire conversation went. Awesome guy, but god damn Florida pro football fans.

Edited by FSUSkins24

So I live in Ravensland...

I'm watching this Ravens show and the bloviators all say that the Oompa Loompa QB in Seattle is better than RGIII. Pretty funny stuff, it's obvious they are comcerned about losing fans to the REAL team in the mid Atlantic.

They also said that the Bengals are way better than the Redskins and will roll over them on Sunday.

Ravens fans... :doh:

So I live in Ravensland...

I'm watching this Ravens show and the bloviators all say that the Oompa Loompa QB in Seattle is better than RGIII. Pretty funny stuff, it's obvious they are comcerned about losing fans to the REAL team in the mid Atlantic.

They also said that the Bengals are way better than the Redskins and will roll over them on Sunday.

Ravens fans... :doh:

The idiocy of Raven's fans never ceases to amaze me. They are the biggest group of hating ass ****heads I've ever seen, not to mention most of them have an embarassing football IQ. Oh yeah, purple camo...

Edited by Skins4Life6388

Jonathan Ogden? lol

Yeah, that was kind of a silly comment on his part. You could also tell he added in the "retired" part because their most iconic player has been one of the most iconic players in the NFL for over a decade now. I think the Ravens suck as much as everyone else... but lets not put so much spin on things.

My random thot? I hate the Stadium after a loss like this. "Well then why don't you get the hell off ES?" I would, but I want to talk about the Skins with fellow fans. There is just some much vitriol, and knee jerk, and yadda yadda yadda. I guess I'll stick to the tailgate for a few days :(

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I need to ease up a bit, but reading a couple of those "Don't Feel So Bad" threads has left me a little disappointed...

Moral victories are for Georgia Southern. We deserved that win just as much as the Giants did. I'm also just not as sold on the Giants as other people are, so the "Hey at least we had the champs on the ropes" stuff is not going to fly with me. I think their d is average when they can't tee off on one dimensional teams with noodle arm QB's. They actually faced a real 21st century offense today (it still feels weird to say that) and they were simply lost at times. We also lost our TE to a potentially career altering injury, and are getting banged up more and more at multiple positions. Simply saying "Hey sport, we'll get'em next time!" Is quite frankly shortselling us imo.

We as fans should be pissed that we essentially handed the Giants a victory on a silver platter. This was our moment to let everyone in the NFL know that we were not going to be ****ed with, anymore, and we literally let it sail right over our heads. Also, the Giants fans thanking the D on their message board are retarded. Eli saved their asses. Their D wrote checks during the week that they couldn't cash on the field. "Don't run my way! Nah man, not over here!" They gave up 250 rushing yards. They would've been destroyed in the media had they not been bailed out.

And the defense is beyond saving at this point. Whatever we have to do to fix it, I'm down. Shanahan completely **** the bed here, tearing down a good but not great defense, and other than some flukey season where we were close to average statistically in total defense, it's been an abject disaster. He also gets blame for hiring a lame duck defensive coordinator, who doesn't have full autonomy over the system he runs, and If we have to go back to the 4-3 (where Orakpo is far more effective as a pass rusher playing in the dirt), do it. If we have to cut an incredibly average D Hall and create some cap space, do it.

It is a complete and utter joke the way this season has ended up, with both roles on each side of the ball being reversed (offense carrying the defense) from where we expected it to be heading into the season. With last years defense (which was supposed to be a lot better this year), we are probably 5-2 right now, looking to make a playoff push in the back half of this season. Instead, we are sub .500. Why should I be happy about that?

*Oh, and the Shanahans pkan to phase Moss out of the offense simply has not worked, as he is clearly our 3rd best receiver, after Garcon and Davis. Other guys have either been inconsistent, or simply have not (apparently) done enough to be worthy of more touches.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

We're about halfway through the season, and our rookie QB is behind only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers in QB rating. He leads the league in completion percentage, and also has the second most rushing touchdowns in the NFL.

Meanwhile, our rookie running back is 1 yard out of first place in rushing yards, and his per carry average is a full yard higher than the only guy ahead of him.

I mean holy *****, we have offense. ELITE offense. Still hard to believe.

• 4 weeks later...
Great balls of fire, message boards are to morons what Mecca is to Muslims.

What morons? Smart people listen to you...uh, or should...whadda ya tryin' ta say?:pfft:

Sorry if I've been a little super-uber-duber happy today, but we all should be. I know we weren't playing against Vick, but his O-line is disastrous, or he wouldn't have been hurt(searching for the "AWWW" inside, but it just won't come out.) He had his hope here in the ATL, and he lost it. The team he's on now is our division rival, and we will continue to do everything possible to try and kick their ass.

And it didn't even take "everything possible". We had 'em by the half.

That ****ing rocks harder than a KISS concert in the 70s...and that was pretttty ****ing hard, for those that remember.:cool:

Hail!!:point2sky:dallasuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, i really really wanted to make a thread about this but i will just put it here....if any of you are calling into NFL Radio...please stop. Every "Redskins" fan that calls up sounds like an idiot. They have nothing to say other than negative thoughts. After we beat Dallas they are calling complaing about how bad we are....and now they are all calling saying Philly is gonna beat us. Have a little pride in your team b/c you're making the rest of us look stupid...Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...

How come every year when training camp starts you hear about dozens of players being lost to season ending injuries in practice but it never happens this time of the year in practice.

Is it because there practicing much harder in training camp or do you think its because there bodies are in much better condition this time of year.