Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I want to officially announce my disappointment that no one joined in my Chick Hernandez chant while RG3 was signing jerseys.

I would like to say I enjoyed my second training camp visit, and am officially saddened that I have to drive to Richmond next year.

Some factors that make me question if Davis gets re-signed along with some counter points to show some objectivity):

Griffin didn't use his TE much at Baylor. By itself, this point doesn't have much merit because we run a different offense. I'm assuming Griffin didn't have a pass-catching TE of Davis' caliber either. Added to my next points however, I think this does have merit.

Davis has had a quiet camp. It's only practice, and the team has apparently spent a bunch of time on the spread concepts that Griffin is accustomed to from Baylor. Which goes back to the first point.

Davis had a quiet first preseason game. I know, I know, it's just one game.

Davis' blocking is suspect

He's likely to command a hefty contract.

The TE blocking is quite important to our run scheme. Thanks to LL for posting the Gibbs videos.

Having Paul means we already have a guy at TE that should create similar mismatches that Davis provides, but is a much more willing/adept blocker. Too early to tell, and his drops last week didn't help his case.

There aren't many positions on the team that badly need reinforcing, so focusing on a talented, better blocking TE is possible in next years draft. RT is an obvious need.. assuming one of our guys doesn't step up big-time.

Obviously, if the Paul experiment fails, Davis improves his blocking, or there is no such TE (draft or FA) then I think Davis definitely gets re-signed. I also think I can see why the team hasn't cut Cooley yet.

Edited by skinny21

Given this team's penchant for getting injured, I almost started a thread a couple weeks ago entitled, "Who will get injured next?" I didn't think that would go over that well though. Main point being is that this team endures way too many injuries year after year. More than other teams it seems like, maybe I'm trippin.

I didn't want to believe it at first, but now that I've seen how some people on this board are reacting in the preseason, if this team struggles, a bomb will go off in the Stadium. How the hell could you want a guy fired, if this team goes sub-500, when he JUST DRAFTED his guy at QB, only to replace the system/coach/possibly GM, and start over, again, only to repeat the cycle that we finally are starting to look like we might end in the near future?

Dummies

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I didn't ant to believe it at first, but now that I've seen how some people on this board are reacting in the preseason, if this team struggles, a bomb will go off in the Stadium. How the hell could you want a guy fired, if this team goes sub-500, when he JUST DRAFTED his guy at QB, only to replace the system/coach/possibly GM, and start over, again, only to repeat the cycle that we finally are starting to look like we might end in the near future?

Dummies

Let's not forget the unjust cap penalties we're laboring under for two years.