Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Heard a reported talking to Campbell today and mention that Kelly is working in practice as the number 2 receiver. Is this a change? All we have heard so far is that they are trying to make Thomas #2. Is Kelly the new number 2 receiver because if so, thats good since I have a very low opinion of Thomas, who thinks he is all that, and yet has done nothing, zip, nada.

This Giants Game is looking nice. Eli just had a nice pass to Manningham called back. He did something Campbell doesn't normally do, and thats threw it to a spot before the WR was there. Sometimes Campbell does that with Moss, and with Thrash 2 years ago, but I wish he'd do that more.

EDIT 1 : Whats also interesting is that Campbell isn't the only QB who throws it short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down. Delhomme just checked down and threw it about 7 yards on 3rd and 15 or so.

EDIT 2: Eli got a nice first down on a pass to Jacobs. The thing I noticed about it was the pass was high and forced Jacobs to jump for it. Jacobs did and got the first down. Thats something that Campbell can do as well, if only our WRs (I'm looking at you Hagans) could jump and catch the ball...well, that guy Kelly can do just that. Hopefully we'll see more of that from JC this year.

Edited by Thinking Skins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4404222

Q: Do you think Green Bay was wise taking B.J. Raji over Brian Orakpo in the 2009 draft? Orakpo is a DE/LB and I hear that they are just going to move Raji to the DE, even though he is a DT. Do you think that Orakpo would have been the smarter choice looking at what position needed to be filled?

From Chris in Gahanna, Ohio

A: What a great question. From what I see of Orakpo, he has a chance to be a 10-sack star. Players like him are hard to find. But if you are switching to the 3-4, you have to find big defensive linemen. Raji is good enough to be a 3-4 end, but if needed, he can be Ryan Pickett's replacement at nose tackle in the next couple of years. The fact that the Packers drafted Clay Matthews covered the outside linebacker question, but, wow, I'm thinking Orakpo could be a star.

I don't think I've heard one bad thing about Orakpo. It seems like everyone believes he will be a star in this league. I can't wait to see what he does to Eli and the Giants on the 13th!!

I just really hope that I'll actually be able to watch games this year at school... I'm not sure if the skins games get priority over other programing in the Post Exchange or in the cadet rec rooms. guess I'll have to wait and see.

either way, the offense better get it together or this is going to be a LONGGGG autumn.

Is it safe to buy an authentic Portis jersey or would I be wasting my cash?

Edit- Point being, how much longer do you think he'll be a Redskin?

Yeah Portis is safe because even if he plays only a couple more years he most likely will be the Skins all-time leading rusher and could become a really cool throwback down the line.

Heard a reported talking to Campbell today and mention that Kelly is working in practice as the number 2 receiver. Is this a change? All we have heard so far is that they are trying to make Thomas #2. Is Kelly the new number 2 receiver because if so, thats good since I have a very low opinion of Thomas, who thinks he is all that, and yet has done nothing, zip, nada.
to be fair, neither of them have really done much. They make me yawn whenever they're on the field. If they don't step up their game, I wonder what will happen to them next year?

The skins have had such terrible luck with recievers the last decade. Besides QB, it's probably the position we've had the least luck in.

Man, I'm psyched for the game Saturday night. I've decided to skip a concert as well as my meet & greet to watch a preseason game :laugh:

Redskins football is heeeeeeere :point2sky

Hmm. Let's see what kind of fan you really are.;)

What concert are you skipping?:silly:

Hmm. Let's see what kind of fan you really are.;)

What concert are you skipping?:silly:

Too much of one. If I didn't have girls or the Redskins in my life I wouldn't be so broke :laugh:

It is Hurt and Sick Puppies. The girl to the left of my sig is Sick Puppies' bassist and I'm going to marry her. I just forgot to tell her that last time I met them and now I'm going to miss that chance again :D

*On the note of the concert my friend texted me the other day and she's like they should call it the Michael Vick tour :hysterical:

Edited by Rdskn4Lyf21

nope. True Redskins play on the team. fake Redskins don't; see Jason Taylor.

That is True! See Rock Cartright!

Preseason jitters; are we going to be 6-10 or 10-6... can't figure who we are??

Edited by sens11