• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
Toe Jam

Random "Thot" Thread (Stadium Edition)

So everybody knows that the Bengals picked up TO. Well, living in Steelers' territory I occasionally listen to local sports radio when all the other stations go to commercial at the same time. So on the local ESPN radio show the fans were talking about TO, and one guy called in and said that what the Steelers need to do is go out and find some safety that can "Own TO the was Sean Taylor used to in Washington."

It brought back some happy memories of TO getting Alligator arms over the middle of the field.

Oh man. It is only a meaningless preseason game, but I cannot wait to go back to FedEx Field on Aug. 13 to tailgate. Football is so close.

I wouldn't call this preseason meaningless. This preseason is going to mean a whole lot, I personally think. I'm so excited.
I agree. I'm unbelievably excited. It's just something about the Redskins, man. Cannot wait, even for preseason!!!:helmet:

If we are back to the gold pants of yesteryear....according to GM Allen...where are they in practice...are they making their debut in preseason?

Even though I'm a dire hard baseball fan, I cannot wait for football to come back. I'm gonna miss the pre-season game since I'm out of the Washington viewing area.

Will the game be steamed on WTEM, though?

Even though I'm a dire hard baseball fan, I cannot wait for football to come back. I'm gonna miss the pre-season game since I'm out of the Washington viewing area.

Will the game be steamed on WTEM, though?

I believe that every single pre-season game will be on NFL network.

Is something wrong if I dislike Philly (their fans) and NY (freaking Eli) more than Dallas? The major part of the rivalry was before my time.

The MTH approach are MORE overpriced and have MORE "stupid fees" than buying season tickets...

Okay, I'm gonna track this for 2010 right here in post 1425 (see tag). This is the first time I've bothered to track this. All prices include total cost for a pair of tickets (unless I state 3 or 4 tickets) meaning prices include tickets, fees and shipping.

Buffalo:

Section 201 row 4 - $92 - Stage Front, includes $4 fee, no shipping

Purple Parking - free (tailgate buddy went to the beach and didn't need it)

Baltimore:

Section 223 row 7 - $130 - Dream Tix, price includes $5 fee and $15 shipping

Orange Parking - $35 from an ES member. I could have got it from Mainstreet for $30, but what the hell.

Dallas:

Section 135 row 4: $296 - eBay, price includes $20 shipping Section 223 row 5 $600 - Stubhub

Orange Parking - $35 from an ES member (thanks, bro).

Houston:

Section 223, row 5: $238 - asc/ebay, local pick up

Orange Parking - $50 eBay

Green Bay:

Section 220, row 8: $220 - ES member (thank you :))

Orange Parking - $35 ES member Jeffro contribution to the ES Tailgate Fund

Indianapolis

Section 220, row 8: $220 - ES member (thank you :)) Section 223, row 5: $290 - asc, local pick up (actually bought a block of 6 for $870)

Orange Parking - $35 shipped, ES member (thank-you)

Philadelphia

Section 103 row 19, three tickets, $375 including Orange parking and shipping - ES member (thank-you)

Tampa Bay

Section 223 row 5: $154 - ascticket via eBay, local pick up

Orange parking - $35 shipped, ES member (thank-you)

New York

Section 222 row 10 - 4 tickets and an Orange pass: $300 - ES member (thank-you)

Edited by Mark The Homer

Page 37's not showing up for me :mad:

Okay, I know I've asked this before, but what exactly are the differences between PR and KR?

One returns punts, the other returns kicks?
:obvious:

I meant why are they rarely the same player?

WAY. Way over the Brett Favre returning story. ESPN especially needs to get the **** over it. Yeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

I find it incredible how many people on this forum are blaming police for ticketing our players. As if it's acceptable to drive damn near 100 miles an hour. Then they complain about the tickets they've gotten in the past for the same infraction. Bunch of morons around here, I tell you.:ols: