Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I've been watching some old vids of the Skins back years ago, and man, I get chills just watching this... . . I'd give about anything to be able to see this excitement the fans show and the comradery the team shows.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Q_PZDpzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Q_PZDpzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Domino's new pizza still tastes like poop!!!!

What?!?!

For the first time ever, I wish Domino's would go back to being the Redskins official Pizza Store. I remember in '99 when we beat the Giants like 50-21, Domino's was giving away free cheese pizzas. I think them idiots took like $1 off for every touchdown we scored.

Edited by MLSKINS

Classic typical raiders fan:

Maybe Al's offer for McNabb was better, but Philly...

Nobody can understand why Philly traded McNabb to the Redskins. So far, I haven't read any place where one of the talking heads has figured it out.

So I'll give you the bobbytime scoop. I can make educated guesses too.

It is common knowlegde, IMO, that the GMs expect Tom Brady to get traded after he getds his raise. It is also highly speculated, IMO, that the GMs wouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning was traded after he gets his big raise.

This season is uncapped. The smart GMs are looking to shed high salary. GMs have to be concerned about getting fired. Fans, on the other hand, are free to demand whatever makes them happy at time 0 and then change their minds at will at a later time.

I suggest that Philly did not want to face Tom Brady or Peyton Manning 3 times a year, and opted for the lesser evil, 3 times against McNabb. Maybe they can beat him - at least they know his tendencies and weaknesses.

Redskin's owner Daniel Snyder had the BIGGEST CHECKBOOK available to sign players during the uncapped season. So now he is out of the QB derby.

IMO, Al Davis surely has this information and played his hand accordingly. I expect that if either Bady or Manning gets traded, the Raiders will be a major player - especially since we have a op ten draft pick (only St. Loius needs a QB and also has a top ten pick).

Bobbytime won't give you the pick... because Al is going to trade it for a veteran player. The handwriting is on the wall. ND QB Tommy Clausen and ND WR George Tate aren't on Al's radar

:ols:

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/05/03/DI2010050303966.html

WP: Michael Wilbon Chat (in print 5/11/10):

D.C. vs. Philly: The Donovan question raised a larger point. Why is this area so much more supportive of Redskins players than the Philly area is with Eagles players. Are expectations here just that much lower? Is it something cultural? I'm not just talking Donovan either. Could you imagine if Haynesworth was in Philly? Remember what happened with TO?

Michael Wilbon: Great question...We're not Philly. We're a community constantly in transition and Washington never had the battling personality of Philly. We're different places. Thank God. No place else is Philly. If this was Philly, I wouldn't be living here, I can tell you that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/05/03/DI2010050303966.html

WP: Michael Wilbon Chat (in print 5/11/10):

D.C. vs. Philly: The Donovan question raised a larger point. Why is this area so much more supportive of Redskins players than the Philly area is with Eagles players. Are expectations here just that much lower? Is it something cultural? I'm not just talking Donovan either. Could you imagine if Haynesworth was in Philly? Remember what happened with TO?

Michael Wilbon: Great question...We're not Philly. We're a community constantly in transition and Washington never had the battling personality of Philly. We're different places. Thank God. No place else is Philly. If this was Philly, I wouldn't be living here, I can tell you that.

Wilbon, please don't use "we're" when referring to my town. You are from Chicago and please go back as soon as you can:laugh:

Wilbon, please don't use "we're" when referring to my town. You are from Chicago and please go back as soon as you can
Thank you. That guy is a DC poser. He represents us in no way.

He's a tried and true Chicagoan and would $)^^@&% Michael Jordan if given the chance.

Plus no true Washingtonian would ever had said what he said about Sean Taylor.

Hail!