• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     

Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 

Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 

If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 

My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   

Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  

49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 

1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers

Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    

That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 

Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 

How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 

It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 

3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  

Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 

End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 

Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    

Next week Kirk Cousins!   

Toe Jam

Random "Thot" Thread (Stadium Edition)

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well there goes any chances of the cowboys being easy at all this season.. ****in witten stay in the booth!!

He's terrible, and he's gonna be terrible on the field. Don't sweat it. 😏

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

He's terrible, and he's gonna be terrible on the field. Don't sweat it. 😏

Ruben foster gonna make him regret it dohhh hahaha

So, it looks like I’ll be in Nashville the week of the draft! Anyone know how easy it is to get into the venue for the draft (in general, like does it cost money to get in, if it doesn’t is it first come first served, etc)? 

Any info would be appreciated! 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:05 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, it looks like I’ll be in Nashville the week of the draft! Anyone know how easy it is to get into the venue for the draft (in general, like does it cost money to get in, if it doesn’t is it first come first served, etc)? 

Here is a lot of what you need to know from the local paper there, The Tennessean:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/23/nfl-draft-2019-tickets-location-experience-nashville-date/634550002/

• Thanks 2

When was this? ^^

Eat ****ing **** goodell..you ****ing suck and are doing a ****ty ass job..from everything to everything you have completely dropped the ****ing ball.. filling pockets with $ and ****in over fans scince ya took over piece of ****!!!

Posted (edited)

Didn’t know where to post this cause it’s not FA info. But earlier today i saw A FB post about some veteran DB that’s coming out of retirement (it was a picture of a player in a raiders uniform). I was about to click on the link when i saw this other interesting fb post. After i clicked on that, i tried to find the one about the defensive back. Couldn’t find anything. Even googled “nfl veteran DB coming out of retirement” and all i got was military stories. 

Anyone know of any player (raiders?) that’s coming out of retirement? Charles Woodson maybe? I mean i doubt it was some old story resurfacing now...frustrating that i cant find the info anywhere. Da ****? 

***Edit: DRC apparently***

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I was wondering how this country, the great u.s of a we call home would be able to take more than a quarter of the money the NFL makes each year and give it to public schools to pay teachers more?..I just think of how over paid these athletes are..and how ungrateful they are in such a money hungry league..ahhh thinking of when the NFL was just a hobby.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Odell to the Browns? WTF!!!!

At least he's out of are hair... should.make the AFC north interesting..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With the signing AD and him maybe keeping #26, Landon Collins should wear #21. As much as I loved Sean, this page needs to be turned. Its been 12 years... He was a great player for us and it broke all our hearts when he died, he was supposed to be the next great safety. The truth is, we will probably never have a safety with that much potential ever again, but If someone wants to wear 21 in his memory, just let them. We didnt win multiple super bowls with him, he didnt have a career littered with All-pro selections (although it would have been highly likely). So why the tight grip on that number?

Do something nice at the stadium to honor him like have game worn jerseys on display, something people can look at and appreciate the player that we had. (Maybe they already have a section in the stadium?)

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3

With Cleveland being the new favorite of the NFL and the decision to suspend Kareem Hunt for 8 games, how long do you think it'll be before they let the Redskins know what they've decided to do with Reuben Foster? My guess is right before the draft because the NFL loves to me mess with the Skins and wait until the last possible second to screw over our team. 

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:57 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

With the signing AD and him maybe keeping #26, Landon Collins should wear #21. As much as I loved Sean, this page needs to be turned. Its been 12 years... He was a great player for us and it broke all our hearts when he died, he was supposed to be the next great safety. The truth is, we will probably never have a safety with that much potential ever again, but If someone wants to wear 21 in his memory, just let them. We didnt win multiple super bowls with him, he didnt have a career littered with All-pro selections (although it would have been highly likely). So why the tight grip on that number?

Do something nice at the stadium to honor him like have game worn jerseys on display, something people can look at and appreciate the player that we had. (Maybe they already have a section in the stadium?)

This is one of the main reasons 21 should be and will be sacred along with the other Redskin greats. 

Also have you made a trip to Fedex since the death of Taylor?  The team literally has Sean Taylor's whole locker on display on the club level, his name in the Ring of Fame, and a big #21 on the grass outside the ticket office.

NFL confirmed bears to host packers in the season opener (when the super bowl winner would traditionally host) this year. Good matchup to kick off the 100th season of the nfl :)

• Like 2

Hahaha no way Kraft would kick off the season opener at home after his trouble.. still will open at home in primetime..just not priiiiiimee tiiiiiiime...

Posted (edited)

I am super glad to hear Trents brain tumor was benign. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nashville is a really fun city, NFL made a good choice having the draft there. They love their sports there, you should have a lot of fun I think. I don't have any information on the venue that it's being held at, but I sure hope you like hot chicken because they live for it there. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

I'm telling ya'll r Wilson gonna be dealt to the Giants..with him demanding something by the 15th I can see it happening