Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just read the Eagles are going to be aggressive before the trading deadline, scoping Wr, Rb, Cb.

I'd presume we are doing the usual staying pat drill.

Roseman often pulls off steals. Bruce going to surprise this time?

Probably not.  Because Doctson plus a hurt Richardson, a hurt Crowder and a hurt CT are all really good options.

As an aside, I said I wasn't giving anybody a pass if they had injuries, and especially if the guys who are always hurt are hurt again, and there's no significant upgrade in backup plan.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Probably not.  Because Doctson plus a hurt Richardson, a hurt Crowder and a hurt CT are all really good options.

As an aside, I said I wasn't giving anybody a pass if they had injuries, and especially if the guys who are always hurt are hurt again, and there's no significant upgrade in backup plan.

To me it depends on who is available.  My point is the Eagles of late have been pretty good at pulling a rabbit out of a hat when they want to upgrade and usually don't give up much in doing it.  And I find it ironic that WR is a target.  They arguably have better receivers than we do.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me it depends on who is available.  My point is the Eagles of late have been pretty good at pulling a rabbit out of a hat when they want to upgrade and usually don't give up much in doing it.  And I find it ironic that WR is a target.  They arguably have better receivers than we do.

Arguably...

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Arguably...

Implication you like our guys just as much or close enough to Jeffrey and Agholor?  To each their own on that and this is coming from someone who is higher than most on Doctson and Richardson.   Maybe Crowder when healthy is on par with Agholor.  But don't see who we got that is on par with Jeffrey.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Implication you like our guys just as much or close enough to Jeffrey and Agholor?  To each their own on that and this is coming from someone who is higher than most on Doctson and Richardson.   Maybe Crowder when healthy is on par with Agholor.  But don't see who we got that is on par with Jeffrey.

No.  The opposite.  It’s not arguable.  They’re better.

So there’s this redskins fan that I’m friends with on FB (she has been one of nfl protestors cause of the anthem thing, and has even stated on FB that she won’t watch any more games or support the nfl, blah blah blah). Today i see a post from her, saying “how about those cowboys!!”.

So naturally, i chime in and jokingly say “hey! You’re supposed to be protesting the Nfl, you don’t get to be happy about this redskins win” and even said i was joking. Her response? “I’m not protesting the nfl, I just don’t watch it or buy anything that has to do with the nfl. I still Proudly wear my redskins gear, i just Don’t buy any more of it at this time”. 

.......? da actual ****? How does that make ANY sense at all? ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So there’s this redskins fan that I’m friends with on FB (she has been one of nfl protestors cause of the anthem thing, and has even stated on FB that she won’t watch any more games or support the nfl, blah blah blah). Today i see a post from her, saying “how about those cowboys!!”.

So naturally, i chime in and jokingly say “hey! You’re supposed to be protesting the Nfl, you don’t get to be happy about this redskins win” and even said i was joking. Her response? “I’m not protesting the nfl, I just don’t watch it or buy anything that has to do with the nfl. I still Proudly wear my redskins gear, i just Don’t buy any more of it at this time”. 

.......? da actual ****? How does that make ANY sense at all? ???

#****canfacebook

17 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Injuries are going to haunt us again, I feel like we have 10+ players with nagging injuries again and this doesnt even include players like Guice, Sims, and Quinn who are on IR. 

Redskins are looking to bring Quinn back next week it sounds like. 

Also to me it doesn’t feel like the injuries are AS bad as last year at least so far. Crowder/P Rich should be back playing Sunday I’d guess. Thompson too hopefully. Those are the 3 key injuries so far, but even then, they’re considered day to day. 

Again, just how i see It so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Redskins are looking to bring Quinn back next week it sounds like. 

Also to me it doesn’t feel like the injuries are AS bad as last year at least so far. Crowder/P Rich should be back playing Sunday I’d guess. Thompson too hopefully. Those are the 3 key injuries so far, but even then, they’re considered day to day. 

Again, just how i see It so far. 

They're just nagging injuries, but theres been a lot. I'm glad they're bringing back Quinn. I'm interested to see what he brings to the team

• Like 1

Heard on Grant and danny today that ..

Steelers are asking for a 2nd R for Bell.

Eagles offered 2nd R for Cooper.

..... I wouldnt be surprised if the eagles trade a 2nd R for bell.

Also, completely hypothetical talk about the skins adding Patrick Peterson. Runor is it would take a 1st and 5th (or 4th etc). G& D both hard yeses. They say adding PP would allow us to drop Norman this offseason and PP contract of 11m or so per would offset any dead money on norman deal.

They both assume PP wont be asking for a sign and trade or he wont hold out this offseason. They both say PP contract you couldnt find in FA, basically that he is under paid. But ... you dont think PP doesnt know that?  Id assume any trade for PP would require an immediate extension or he holds out for one this offseason.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:14 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dunbar suffering from nerve damage and is in pain every step he takes when he runs. Sounds like it could be Kyshoen Jarrett situation. 

That'd be very disappointing. He was very good to start this season and kinda alleviated the need to address CB next offseason when Norman is likely let go.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That'd be very disappointing. He was very good to start this season and kinda alleviated the need to address CB next offseason when Norman is likely let go.

Awful news. Indeed, thought he'd take over for the aging one. 

WHAT?  I'm one of 'em too...?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Injuries are going to haunt us again, I feel like we have 10+ players with nagging injuries again and this doesnt even include players like Guice, Sims, and Quinn who are on IR. 

I've questioned the abilities of the people working with nutrition, trainers, strength & conditioning, etc, for the last few years.

The Redskins ALWAYS seem to have a laundry list of injured players. If it happened once, I wouldn't give it a second thought outside of simply bad luck, but this crap happens every damn year, and mostly at the most inopportune times to the best players.

There's got to be more to it than coincidence; I just refuse to buy that load of ****;  someone, or some people, in one or more areas, evidently is not doing their job correctly, and its costing this team. I know every team has injuries, but I'd almost bet a kangaroo's tail that over the last 5 or 10 years the Redskins are in the bottom 4 of games missed due to injury.

I hate doing this but i can't help to imagine we go 5-2 this Sunday. If that happens i have to be very honest when i say i would have never guessed we would be in first place with that record going into the Nov Playoff run. Redskins and winning seasons have become few and far between . Don't know about the rest of you but im savoring this season, feels dam good. 

• Like 5