Toe Jam

Random "Thot" Thread (Stadium Edition)

Recommended Posts

Khalil Mack is worth every freaking penny... Defense wins championships....I would absolutely give a 1st for him and then some... Just don't know if we can actually afford him, monetarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Springfield said:

 

I’ll watch every game, my expectations are just... tempered.

 LOL, tempered is not tampered or trampled,,,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Here's why I think it's tempting: Preston is 25 so matter what he does this year he's getting overpaid.  I don't see him ever being as good as Mack, he's too nice, at least with Mack you get what you pay for.  I wouldn't surrender a first unless we had to, I'd offer Norman instead.

You're right that Smith will probably get overpaid. He's a good but not great player. If our FO were smarter we would have locked him up a year or two ago.

 

You guys are overvaluing Norman. Nobody wants him. He's physically declining and has a moody attitude. His value is zilch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You're right that Smith will probably get overpaid. He's a good but not great player. If our FO were smarter we would have locked him up a year or two ago.

 

You guys are overvaluing Norman. Nobody wants him. He's physically declining and has a moody attitude. His value is zilch.

You are right on Norman now, though Oakland FO ain't too bright.  Concerned about going over a 3rd, we need a corner and LG bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You guys are overvaluing Norman. Nobody wants him. He's physically declining and has a moody attitude. His value is zilch.

Norman had a bad year last year, and the decline started when he got hurt.

 

I'm expecting him to bounce back this year.  He's not old, and he's in good shape, and I think he wants to be great. 

 

I could be very wrong.  But, eh, here's hoping!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not interested in Mack.  If the team was primed to win like Minnesota than taking a shot at a Super Bowl with a high prized acquisition makes sense but since I believe the Skins will have to battle to get over .500 I don’t think a trade makes since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Norman had a bad year last year, and the decline started when he got hurt.

 

I'm expecting him to bounce back this year.  He's not old, and he's in good shape, and I think he wants to be great. 

 

I could be very wrong.  But, eh, here's hoping!

 

Agreed, and i dont think he’s been AS BAD as people make him out to be. Also, Norman moody? What ?? lol ok then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing on Norman, when's the last time he had an interception? 

 

He's like the second or third highest paid player on the team, and straight up got abused in that Denver game (haven't seen that since Pryor was playing for Cleveland and kept posterizing him).  I'm sorry but his coverage skills is not making up for his lack if turnovers, and it's not jus that people don't want to throw his way, hit him right in the breadbasket, right to the ground.

 

The answer is week 15 of 2016, not 2017, 2016.  And before that, week 4 of 2016.  Oh, and he's 30.  Danger, Will Robinson, Danger.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I-See-Dead-People.jpg

Did yall delete that call out thread for the whole site? Solid move, glad yall did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didn't delete anything

 

but make no mistake

 

this can be a very spooky place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norman just isn't worth what he is paid..For that kind of money he should be shutting down the other teams top WR and he just dosen't do it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i didn't delete anything

 

but make no mistake

 

this can be a very spooky place

Yes, yes it can...

 

 

hiding.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Norman right before he came to the Redskins being on NFLN and they were asking him about all these different WR's in the NFL and he was calling them all trash..What i find funny why isn't he saying it now? could it be because he knows that he isn't as good as he thought he was and dosen't want to be embarrassed? sherman was the same exact way and now look at him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norman was playing through what was it, a shoulder injury? Rib injury? For most of last year, wasn’t he? He did have a couple (at least) great forced fumbles last year, a couple of them i remember happening early in the season when he was healthy, prior to the injury. 

 

I want to hope the bad coverage was in part due to our d line being injured badly last season, and that with a healthier d line this year, that will force QBs into poor decisions and hopefully Norman catching a few interceptions this season. I’m in wait and see more on Norman this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, JSSkinz said:

Based on how this FO does business I think Preston and Norman are gone next year, we could use either along with a pick to get him.

 

Problem is Jon Gruden knows those players and probably wouldn't want them.

 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:21 AM, Renegade7 said:

Here's why I think it's tempting: Preston is 25 so matter what he does this year he's getting overpaid.  I don't see him ever being as good as Mack, he's too nice, at least with Mack you get what you pay for.  I wouldn't surrender a first unless we had to, I'd offer Norman instead.

 

and take a 22.5 million dollar dead cap charge? please no and thank you

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/josh-norman-9964/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

 

 

and take a 22.5 million dollar dead cap charge? please no and thank you

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/josh-norman-9964/

You over thinking it, the dead cap starts with his cap hit then eats into the overall salary cap.  We have about $16 million in cap space right now, getting rid of him this season would be a $5 million cap hit, and we'd immediately start seeing the cap savings next year

 

https://overthecap.com/player/josh-norman/1177/

 

I can't justify paying him like that unless he's worth it, regardless of how he leaves the roster, last chance this year with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what you are trying to say @Renegade7

 

Norman's base salary and prorated portions are guaranteed. Next season is where it becomes tolerable to cut free of him, and that is where the cap gain outweighs the loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say @Renegade7

 

Norman's base salary and prorated portions are guaranteed. Next season is where it becomes tolerable to cut free of him, and that is where the cap gain outweighs the loss. 

I'd eat $5 million cap hit this year if it got me Mack, and I'd cut him this offseason if he goes another year without an interception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With contracts skyrocketing I think the NFL needs to make a major adjustment to the salary cap, probably won't happen until the CBA expires but we're inching closer to the MLB where an average player gets $10M a year.

 

Its time for the players to fight until the cap is eliminated or significantly adjusted.

 

Even something like having 2 designated players who don't count toward the cap could be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

With contracts skyrocketing I think the NFL needs to make a major adjustment to the salary cap, probably won't happen until the CBA expires but we're inching closer to the MLB where an average player gets $10M a year.

 

Its time for the players to fight until the cap is eliminated or significantly adjusted.

 

Even something like having 2 designated players who don't count toward the cap could be helpful.

Said it once and I'll say it again, NFL needs Max Contracts like NBA or they are going to be in a world of hurt trying field competitive teams with more then one elite player on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 7:49 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Not interested in Mack.  If the team was primed to win like Minnesota than taking a shot at a Super Bowl with a high prized acquisition makes sense but since I believe the Skins will have to battle to get over .500 I don’t think a trade makes since.

These are my thoughts as well. You don't make a move on star linebacker in this situation unless you are gearing up to make a run on the SuperBowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.