Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hell ya..fourth of July day after tomorrow.... fifth of July the beginning of the end of summer.. by the end of this week training camp will be so close we can almost taste it..

Mixed feelings. 

I love football and love fall but damn am I getting sick of these northern winters. 

Ahhh...must not be originally from the region..ya Winters here in the upper Rocky mountains are brutal..I know I know don't rush the warm summer months by lol..I get ya, I absolutely love the summertime here.. and with Summer technically starting just a little over a week ago it's crazy to think the downhill part of summer is less than a week away.. it all has to do with how fast time flies by which I'm not a fan of lol

• Like 2

No I've lived in Massachusetts my entire life, and I used to love winter. 

Snowmobiling, snowboarding, ice fishing etc etc. 

I did it all, but the older I get the less I like the cold. 

Now it seems all I ever do is shovel snow and freeze my cajones off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But I hear you about needing football back.. we're so close we can taste it it's already a couple days after the 4th next the 12th then the 17th,24th the 3rd and we're into preseason football once training camp hits it's on..WERE SOOO CLOSE!!

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope. Was born in June of ‘93 

Oh man that sucks..well..that u didn't catch that one.. but by week 13 you could tell there was nobody NOBODY that could stop us.. and then going on to the playoffs there was nobody at threat.. if anybody the Falcons(maybe)and the Too Legit to Quit dance LOL before the game what's his name getting everybody riled up thinking the Falcons were going to do it.. haha that was awesome we kicked their ass I remember yelling screaming take that too legit...lol

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

But I hear you about needing football back.. we're so close we can taste it it's already a couple days after the 4th next the 12th then the 17th,24th the 3rd and we're into preseason football once training camp hits it's on..WERE SOOO CLOSE!!

Yup. 19 days until redskins report to Richmond, 20 days until the first practice! And 27 days until the HOF game. 

• Like 1

And then got to the Super Bowl and to be honest I kind of had a lump in my throat being it the bills. Just had the horrific Super Bowl loss the year before bye the kick going wide right.. the bills were hot, absolutely awesome I was kind of nervous to be honest.. but not against this Joe Gibbs lead team..nope no way

After the 11-0 start, we lost to Dallass. We came out refocused the next three weeks and continued to destroy teams. Honestly, there wasn’t one team in the NFC that I thought could beat us in the playoffs. Never nervous against the Falcons (we blew them out 56-17 during the season), knew it was a formality against the Lions and only the Bills gave me any slight concern. After the 1st quarter I knew they couldn’t hang with us. We were moving the ball at will and our defense was literally “beating” them up. Never feared any team that year. We were the Alpha Dog.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

After the 11-0 start, we lost to Dallass. We came out refocused the next three weeks and continued to destroy teams. Honestly, there wasn’t one team in the NFC that I thought could beat us in the playoffs. Never nervous against the Falcons (we blew them out 56-17 during the season), knew it was a formality against the Lions and only the Bills gave me any slight concern. After the 1st quarter I knew they couldn’t hang with us. We were moving the ball at will and our defense was literally “beating” them up. Never feared any team that year. We were the Alpha Dog.

Wasn't that one of a couple wins the Cowboys got that year or maybe they're only win?.. that's right and I forgot we had pummeled the Falcons earlier that year.. I had no concern about the Falcons, that's right I remember now.. that was such an amazing year..

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wasn't that one of a couple wins the Cowboys got that year or maybe they're only win?.. that's right and I forgot we had pummeled the Falcons earlier that year.. I had no concern about the Falcons, that's right I remember now.. that was such an amazing year..

No, you are thinking of 1989. Dallass went 11-5 and lost to Detroit in the divisional game while we were drowning the Falcons. Even though the Cowboys were an up and coming team, no way they come to RFK and beat us again. 

15 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

No, you are thinking of 1989. Dallass went 11-5 and lost to Detroit in the divisional game while we were drowning the Falcons. Even though the Cowboys were an up and coming team, no way they come to RFK and beat us again. 

89 Dallas went 1-15 and beat us. We had a double digit wins year, but didn't get to the playoffs. That was an awesome year though. NFC east was so insanely good late 80s/early 90s. Eagles had an all time great defense and a comical offense. Was the end of some historic giants teams. Cowboys were born into an unstoppable offense. Team really. We were mostly good and had to have possibly the best team ever to win our SBs. Great place to grow up. 

• Like 1

I'm actually really surprised to not see more Superstars or bigwigs or sport players or whatever's have properties on the outskirts of Boise Idaho.. Stanley, salmon, Frank Church Wilderness Area all that area is 10 times more secluded and gorgeous than Montana..

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

89 Dallas went 1-15 and beat us. We had a double digit wins year, but didn't get to the playoffs. That was an awesome year though. NFC east was so insanely good late 80s/early 90s. Eagles had an all time great defense and a comical offense. Was the end of some historic giants teams. Cowboys were born into an unstoppable offense. Team really. We were mostly good and had to have possibly the best team ever to win our SBs. Great place to grow up. 

ya, see I knew there was a year that the Cowboys had one win and it was against us I guess I was just off a couple years..thanks man!!

• Like 1

Thinking about Redskins training camp..got Jimi on Pandora..world famous bbqd chicken on the grill, pabst blue ribbon beer and the bed of the truck turned into a swimming pool..how u spending ur Sunday?!?!???.

Edited by bakedtater1
Add content
  • Like 1