Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

"The first play of the game, one thing I was impressed by was his speed," Campbell said. "I didn't know he was that fast. When I let it go, I thought it was going to hit him in stride. Actually, I wish I could've thrown it maybe a yard, two yards deeper. . . . Now, you get a feel for a guy."

Shouldn't he already somewhat have a feel for Kelly's speed after working with him in camp? That can't be the first deep pattern he's thrown to him.

I'm sure most have read it, but the whole article is hilarious, has Zorn's excuses for Campbells incomplete passes on the different plays.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/23/AR2009082301491_2.html?sid=ST2009082302751

I'm not a Campbell hater I think he's our best option at this time... Still it's funny how him and his coach are in the same boat and on the defensive.

Edited by MattysRiff

I thought that this was interesting. Awhile back, I made a thread on which NFL Players that you share the same last name with, now I switched it to the birthday. I was born on June 15th, and I really have no good players born on my birthday. The only player that stood out was Derek Anderson. :doh: Lol. My friend has it the best. He was born on July 31st. In which he has the same birthday as Brian Orakpo, DeMarcus Ware, D.J. Hackett, Gus Frerotte :silly:, Vernon Carey and Nick Sorenson.

So with the use of this site, what players share your birthday?

http://www.famouswhy.com/Born_Today.html (Make sure to click NFL players)

Edited by Santana_Fan

Malcolm Kelly said that they didn't practice the route together all week. Why the hell Zorn didn't even give them 1 rep together is beyond me....unless he just wanted to see how 'close' Campbell was in running a play "cold" to simulate an in-game injury situation or whatever...

Edited by SirClintonPortis

I usually am always a rah-rah type guy that maintains "we'll get it next time. It'll come!" However, I'm sick of this lottery occurence where hitting a guy deep is so complicated. I have seen McScabb hit NUMEROUS guys in stride that he hasn't had for years. OUr deep pass with Campbell seems to be like performing step-by-step surgery rather than a fluid smooth motion like I see with other QBs around the league. Only ones I can remember w/ Campbell were both against the Saints. Week 2 las season and in '06. Both to Moss. If Jason was a 3 point shooter, he would be Sasha Vujacic is these past playoffs.

The only ones of note from quickly scanning the list are Quincy Black, the Bullocks brothers, and Curome Cox. Ah well!

Bullocks is cool.

Keith Brooking, Trent Edwards, Chris Clemons, Todd Wade, and Ty Detmer are the names I recognize.

And Fonzie! but he is not an NFL player.

That's a lot. You and my friend have the most.

Edited by Santana_Fan

yeah, the excuses are wearing pretty thin now, but it's too early to bring out the pitchforks and torches.

Accept it: Campbell is going to start no matter what. Like Samuels said, he's got 6 or 7 games to prove himself.

Godspeed and good luck JC, you're gonna need it.

Edited by Gigantor