Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 8/2/2017 at 11:21 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A memory popped on my FB feed this morning from 5 years ago today...

It was a photo I took at training camp in Ashburn of Griffin taking a snap that I simply titled "The Future"...

Phew.  I guess if the future is that of Robertus, the former QB and current social media philosopher.

That's rough. Usually the awkward "FB memories" stories you hear about involve old flames. Your FB feed managed to find the only relationship more awkward to be reminded of than that, for a Redskins fan...

Someday, as a fanbase, we'll look back and laugh at the ridiculous hopes and expectations we put onto that one (expensive) draft pick...but I'm not there yet. I don't even like thinking about those years to be honest, the unfulfilled promise just sucks to think about. My mind skips right from Zorn to Gruden most times. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 11:21 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A memory popped on my FB feed this morning from 5 years ago today...

It was a photo I took at training camp in Ashburn of Griffin taking a snap that I simply titled "The Future"...

Phew.  I guess if the future is that of Robertus, the former QB and current social media philosopher.

Same thing happened to me (though not on FB).

Five years ago (in 2012), at a website board I visit, I put up a gif I found of Griffin and his 76 yard run against the Vikings. I entitled it in my post "A Little Slice of Awesome!".

Now here in 2017, someone bumped up that thread on that website, and I saw my post again.

All I could do is give a little sad sigh as to the belief I had then that the Redskins had found their franchise QB, and the team was set.

Five years later, Cousins is my guy, and Griffin is out of the league.

You just never know. :) 

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, so, question: wildcard game: playoff game, or no? A few people on FB don't seem to think it's considered a playoff game. 

Why would it not be a playoff game? I mean, unless you're talking about MLB's one game and done Wild Card matchup, that to me should not be considered a playoff game, but NFL Wild Card Weekend is absolutely the playoffs.

• Like 2

I stole this from the comments section of a story on The Skins in The Post:

No_Punt__lntended

Interesting tidbit: 

Starting this week (Thursday) there will be Redskins football each week for the next 20 of 21 weeks

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...more

I'll take it! :815:

• Like 3

I hope you guys are ready....this team is ready more than it has ever been in the last 20 years to complete an 11 win season, i know there are skeptics on this board but we have a top 5 qb on the roster not only with a mediocre defense can he get us to 11 wins but he will have blowout numbers this year as well without two returning receivers hes hands down the best qb prospect turned serviceable turned elite yeah i said ELITE qb we have had in over 20 years and he will show most everyone that watches football what hes capable of doing, we will sign him to probably the biggest QB contract in the history of the league after this year so long this defense can get off the field and be mediocre  we are a playoff team. Mark this post...

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I hope you guys are ready....this team is ready more than it has ever been in the last 20 years to complete an 11 win season, i know there are skeptics on this board but we have a top 5 qb on the roster not only with a mediocre defense can he get us to 11 wins but he will have blowout numbers this year as well without two returning receivers hes hands down the best qb prospect turned serviceable turned elite yeah i said ELITE qb we have had in over 20 years and he will show most everyone that watches football what hes capable of doing, we will sign him to probably the biggest QB contract in the history of the league after this year so long this defense can get off the field and be mediocre  we are a playoff team. Mark this post...

I'll have what this guy's having.

I do agree with you that Cousins is elite though.

• Like 1