Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

• 3 weeks later...

lol at Pot Roast wanting to pursue a career in coaching. Good luck to him, but the dude's biggest problem was effort and commitment...players are supposed to take him seriously on technical issues and/or want to run through walls for him because he played his ass off ONE season in a contract year (even though teams saw through it)? 

I get that his issues don't necessarily invalidate his knowledge of the game or his ability to reach players but getting full effort from your guys is basically goal #1.

• Like 1

Arie's brother Cyrus is having an odd day. Hope he is okay. 

Buffalo Bills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has a pretty good excuse for missing practice Thursday.

Police found the 23-year-old partially clothed in a field on the side of the highway Tuesday in Elma after he apparently had abandoned his car on the road.

When officers approached Kouandjio, he reportedly yelled, “Shoot me!”

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/nfl-giant-found-half-naked-in-field-asks-police-to-shoot-him/

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really find an appropriate thread for it so might as well put it here. 

As someone at FedEx Field yesterday for the draft party, they seem to have removed the tarp that is over the scoreboards. 

phaJyZ9.jpg

Notice the section that has the advertising on it, above the scoreboard. It's gone now. This is what it looks like as of yesterday. 

QUXlX2F.jpg

So basically it's new club level standing room. These pictures are from the 300 section. 

VyGChHe.jpg

G8tF7ox.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Stlll have rookie camp and ota before the draught.  This was a good and exciti g draft weekend

Can we at least spell "drought" correctly?

What y'all are sayin' is that we have to wait for beer.  (Euro humor, pardon me...I'm still reeling from the Caps stunning failure last night.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sknsnation said:

Really happy with the draft picks........but dont see the  UDFA Thread.

54 minutes ago, RedBeast said:
LOve this guy.....Future Guard, played Tackle but moved to guard last year at Georgia

#UGA OL Tyler Catalina lands to the Washington #Redskins

• Like 4

Hope that Steven Daniels wasn't cut simply for being one of the players that Scot stood on the table for on draft day. Kid had great ratings from PFF in college. If he goes off for the Eagles im going to be furious, especially since we didn't get to see him play a single down for us before cutting him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

The Penguins are to the Capitals, like the Dallas Cowboys are to the Washington Redskins. Big game tonight.

At least they are not like the Steelers to the Skins, where Pitts fans take over stadium. 

3 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

At least they are not like the Steelers to the Skins, where Pitts fans take over stadium. 

I guess you weren't at Verizon saturday night. I had never heard a home team goalie hazed.  Pitt fans are pitt fans, the pits that travel, likely because they dislike their city so much.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I guess you weren't at Verizon saturday night. I had never heard a home team goalie hazed.  Pitt fans are pitt fans, the pits that travel, likely because they dislike their city so much.

Reminds me of a conversation from "The West Wing" between President Bartlett and Chief of Staff Leo McGarry:

Leo: It will be fine, we are both men of Chicago

Pres. Bartlett: Why is it that whenever I meet a "Man of Chicago" it's never in "Chicago?"

(With all due respect to Aaron Sorkin, the above is done from memory, and has been paraphrased.)

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Now that the mega Kirk debacle thread is closed, if every thread turns into a Kirk thread, I'm looking at YOU @Jumbo :P

(just kidding.  Please don't ban me.)

yeah, Martin noted that, too. and we decided it's on him to take charge of that action. :D:ols:

• Like 1

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I went from being enraged, just completely given up and realy considering not watching redskins football from this year on out due to the way the off season started to being extremely excited for it to start.

So this evening I decide to get on you tube to check out some videos on Brandon Scherff and I watched a 25 minute video of this past years season and I am pumped for this up coming season now which leaves me:surprised/confused.

Business is business I understand it. I was in absolute shock when we got desean jackson a few years back, same as Garcon...I hated loving having Jackson.. felt like that awkward moment where when your in the same room with ur ex's new spouse..but I realy enjoyed having him as a redskin..each eagles game he had a big catch and td..it was wonderful payback for me..LOVED IT!..I ****ing loved Garcon..definitely had a soft spot for him..so damn tough and gritty..awesome hands just so aaahhhgg damn tough, played with passion..nothing that d Jax showed that's for sure..than I hear about Garcon wanting to be traded half through the season. Something to do with not happy for not getting enough catches. Than of course as the season winds down there's talk of both Garcon and Jackson on the way out..at that point I was k..well if one has to go I guess it should be desean...but if both goes were screwed..COMPLETELY SCREWED!! But we still have crowder..and if Doctson can put in a season than will see how it goes.

The off-season begins and there goes two of some of my favorite players..baker/Garcon..I liked Ricky Jean being around..gone..desean gone and rumblings of Scott being on the way out all the trade talks of cousins and I just threw my hands in the air..I've ****ING HAD IT!!..That's it no ****ing more I'm done done done...and now especially since the draft I am ABSOLUTELY PUMPED FOR THIS YEAR!!..If ya look at it..Now is a very exciting time to be a skins fan..I mean don't get me wrong I've never been ashamed to be a skins fan..I wear our colors weekly die hard never miss a game fan for 39 years now..but something about this team feels alot more exciting than past years teams.

Jamison Crowder is realy starting to become my favorite redskin receiver since the Clark/Sanders/Monk days..he is very exciting as well to watch..as well as several other players..Reed,Fred Davis,Thompson,..excited to see the new rookie rb..fat rob ..wow the list goes on..I truly believe Kirk will sign a long term deal, Thompson re sighed as well as Compton?..than the right tackle(can't think of how to spell the name)RE sighed right before the draft..I love the signing of Pryor...holding on to hope for Doctson..and the addition of quick we got real tall at reciver..so I guess what I'm trying to say is with all the turmoil that the off season started off with it has realy started to smooth it self out..now if Kirk starts the season with out a contract it's turmoil all over....?

• Like 1

Here is an idea I haven't really seen tried to the extent I'm thinking. If a team evaluates a daft as weak for what they are looking for and projects the next draft to be exceptionally strong why not just trade the 1st round pick for nothing but future picks in the following draft - has that ever occurred?

Imagine if the Skins did that last year. We got very little from the 2016 draft now imagine if we had traded our first for a 1st, 2d and 4th  in 2017.  We'd probably have ended up with Foster, Cook and a WR from a very deep 2017 class in addition to who we drafted (We'd probably also retained either Jackson or Garcon).

Edited by nonniey